JB Flowers case review
Old
  (#1)
iba7467
AzB Silver Member
iba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

JB Flowers case review - 10-29-2008, 07:58 AM

I would like to start off saying that I am proud to have the first of these cases. There are other pictures of the exterior of my case so I will limit this post to my review of it's function and design.
Attached Images

Safety/Interior
Old
  (#2)
iba7467
AzB Silver Member
iba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond reputeiba7467 has a reputation beyond repute

Safety/Interior - 10-29-2008, 08:01 AM

This case is built to withstand. The case construction is rigid. The tubes firmly hold the cue and shafts in place. The lining is soft and very smooth.

Here is a shot of my cues in place. By the way, this picture was taken with the cue case upside down just to show the security of the design.
Attached Images

Last edited by iba7467; 11-07-2011 at 12:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Shoulder strap/leather
Old
  (#3)
iba7467
AzB Silver Member

Shoulder strap/leather - 10-29-2008, 08:03 AM

The leather is very solid in every area. The case comes with a padded shoulder strap.
Attached Images

The negatives
Old
  (#4)
iba7467
AzB Silver Member

The negatives - 10-29-2008, 08:11 AM

Above I listed alot of positives. The most of all to be mentioned should be the value. The price of these is beyond reasonable.

With every fair review there must be negatives and I will give them here. With the safety and construction of this case comes weight. There is an optional lighter interior, but I am commenting on my case. It is heavy.

The design of the shoulder strap pad is such that I believe the padding may wear excessively overtime. The pad feels almost like gel-padding which has never proven to me to be suitable over long periods. The strap itself released fairly easily when I first got it. I did have a towel ring which likely caused it since after moving the ring I have had no issue.

The lid of the case has no padding. I generally store my cues pin up, but feel hesitant to do so and risk damaging the leather.
Attached Images

Total review
Old
  (#5)
iba7467
AzB Silver Member

Total review - 10-29-2008, 08:12 AM

I think the cases are great and cannot be rivaled at the price John has them for sale. Good luck

Sincerly,

Proud owner of case # 1
Attached Images

Last edited by iba7467; 01-29-2009 at 02:21 PM.

Old
  (#6)
BrandyWine
Mike's Better Half
BrandyWine has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyWine has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyWine has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyWine has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyWine has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyWine has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyWine has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyWine has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyWine has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyWine has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyWine has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1150

10-29-2008, 08:29 AM

Excellent post! Beautiful case.

If you misplace that case everyone will know who's it is!!!~~

*To all the AZBers... If you don't have your name engraved, you may want to at least think about carrying an identifying card or mark your case on the inside! Seems like at every event someone misplaces their cue or case or something ....

Take a Leap of Faith...

Old
  (#7)
The King
Here's Jimbo....
The King has a reputation beyond reputeThe King has a reputation beyond reputeThe King has a reputation beyond reputeThe King has a reputation beyond reputeThe King has a reputation beyond reputeThe King has a reputation beyond reputeThe King has a reputation beyond reputeThe King has a reputation beyond reputeThe King has a reputation beyond reputeThe King has a reputation beyond reputeThe King has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500
  Send a message via Yahoo to The King  
10-29-2008, 04:13 PM

Nice review I really like these cases they are very nice looking from the pictures I have recieved ... I like the round stamp at the bottom and the way John put your name and number in it ... I like to store my cues with the pin up and probably still will if I see any trouble with that I will probably put a piece of foam padding or something in there. Seems like a great value on a nice looking case ... Made by a quality case maker...

Winner of the John Barton Free Case Essay Contest .

MY Player - Sly 4 Point Ebony and Stained BE W/Inlays and green/Black/Green Veneers. Ivory Joint and Ferrel ...Linen wrap...

Break Cue -
J&J Jump Break cue / Old Joss

My Other Cues- 2 80's Joss's , Sly African Blackwood and Amboynia Burl cue

-IN THE WORKS-
A Sly in the works of course.

Old
  (#8)
Fast Lenny
♠ ♥ ONTHERAILTV.COM ♣ ♦
Fast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

10-29-2008, 04:15 PM

Very nice case,I am always impressed with John Barton the Casemaker and John Barton the Person too!

CLICK ON ONE OF THE IMAGES BELOW TO PURCHASE DVD'S OR VIDEO ON DEMAND. I APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT POOL FANS.

Old
  (#9)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

10-29-2008, 04:18 PM

Thanks for the positive REVIEW, BTW is you Light or Dark BROWN?

Old
  (#10)
AnitoKid
And I kid you not!
AnitoKid has a reputation beyond reputeAnitoKid has a reputation beyond reputeAnitoKid has a reputation beyond reputeAnitoKid has a reputation beyond reputeAnitoKid has a reputation beyond reputeAnitoKid has a reputation beyond reputeAnitoKid has a reputation beyond reputeAnitoKid has a reputation beyond reputeAnitoKid has a reputation beyond reputeAnitoKid has a reputation beyond reputeAnitoKid has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
  Send a message via Yahoo to AnitoKid  
10-29-2008, 09:57 PM

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Nice case! And I kid you not!

Mabuhay from The Pool Capital of the World!
The AnitoKid on Billiards

www.facebook.com/theanitokid/

Mabuhay ang bilyar!
Mabuhay ang manlalarong bilyarista!
Kapatiran!

email: anitokid@gmail.com
Mobile: +63 929-799-9964

Old
  (#11)
JimS
Grandpa & his grand boys.
JimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond reputeJimS has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4050
Location: Jim Sward 311 E. Main, Suite 317 Galesburg, Il 61401

10-30-2008, 02:53 AM

You show a picture of the case being held upside down and the cues not moving so how could having the pins at the top of the case damage the inside of the lid? I can't make sense of that.

Nice work John!

"The average man seeks certainty in the eye of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence.
The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eye and calls that humbleness."
Carlos Castenada

"Make no distinction between the difficult and the less difficult shot but apply yourself completely to each opportunity to strike a pool ball". Mark Wilson

"No nonchalantin at the pool table!" Sailor

Live like somebody left the gate open!

Old
  (#12)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

10-30-2008, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iba7467

The lid of the case has no padding. I generally store my cues pin up, but feel hesitant to do so and risk damaging the leather.
PM ME YOUR ADDRESS, and Ill send you some NEW GREEN POOL TABLE SCRAPS to make a PAD.

Old
  (#13)
iba7467
AzB Silver Member

10-30-2008, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimS
You show a picture of the case being held upside down and the cues not moving so how could having the pins at the top of the case damage the inside of the lid? I can't make sense of that.

Nice work John!
They will move if you have the cues in pin up. They will not release from the tubes, but will slide until the thicker part of the butt reaches near the end of the tube.

Coco my case is medium dark reddish brown.

Old
  (#14)
Neil
AzB Silver Member
Neil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2200

10-30-2008, 05:37 AM

Last edited by Neil; 07-23-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Old
  (#15)
Realizm
I love cocobolo cues.
Realizm has a reputation beyond reputeRealizm has a reputation beyond reputeRealizm has a reputation beyond reputeRealizm has a reputation beyond reputeRealizm has a reputation beyond reputeRealizm has a reputation beyond reputeRealizm has a reputation beyond reputeRealizm has a reputation beyond reputeRealizm has a reputation beyond reputeRealizm has a reputation beyond reputeRealizm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-30-2008, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I have a similar style case, although mine is a Winn case. I have had no problem with the butt in pin up. You don't carry the case upsidedown anyway, so why should it be a problem? I don't like the idea of the cue resting on the pin. I had another case where the pin eventually went through the bottom. (not a Winn case)

That Jhon makes a really nice case..

Shooting Cue :BD ?
Break: cue BD cues purple heart power breaker
Jumper BD. Purple heart and maple
Case : JB Seahawks Tribute
If have any question about Bob or has cues please feel free to pm me.
or Checkout www.seybert.com

#teamSS360#

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: