Where are the best places to play in Sacramento CA and when are the major tourneys?

NateSchoepf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a friend moving into that area and I am trying to schedule a visit so i want to know where to play and what time of the year there are big/major tourneys that attract the pro's ect... thanks, Nate.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
NateSchoepf said:
I have a friend moving into that area and I am trying to schedule a visit so i want to know where to play and what time of the year there are big/major tourneys that attract the pro's ect... thanks, Nate.
Hardtimes has monthly one pocket and nine ball tournaments that get a lot of the top regional players. The Jointed Cue has two or three (?) large tournaments a year. You should be able to find a copy of On the Break News (or go to their on-line site) for a schedule of tournaments.

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
Hard Times Billiards

The first weekend of the Month Jamboree is this weekend.

One Pocket
Saturday signups start at noon and free practice until 1pm when signups close
Entry fee is $20 format is DE race to 2 both sides.
Hard Times adds $10/player up to 30 players

9 Ball
Sunday signups start at noon with free practice until 1pm
Entry fee is $25 format is DC race to 6w/4L
Hard Times adds $10/player up to 50 players

One Pocket.org rules for One Pocket
World Standard Rules for 9 ball

Last edited:

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
NateSchoepf said:
For sure Hard Times. Talk to Tomincincy he runs the tourneys etc over there and always does a great job. Its also a good clean place withlots of nice tables.

Holly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hardtimes is the place in Sacramento. In addition to Tom hosting their regular monthly tournaments, they support pool on many levels including hosting an NCS 8-Ball qualifier coming up Jan. 17-18, 2009. For more details you can check out the AZBilliards Tours and Tournament section and look under NCS or visit the NCS calendar on the CueSports Intl. website at www.playcsipool.com

Pardon our dust on the site as it is still being worked on, but the calendar of events is current.

Enjoy Cali

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
When I live in Sacramento before retiring to Arizona in 98, I use to go to the Jointed Cue on Fruitridge once in a BLUE Moon. The place is like what old time Pool Rooms were, I was there a year ago and not much had changed, except "TERRY" is no longer there.

CaPoolFan

CAPOOLFAN
Silver Member
Jointed Cue

Jointed Cue in Sacramento will never be the same without our friend Terry, but its still a great pool hall. Its kinda like walking into a pool hall from the 70's. There is 1 tournament a year and we usually get lots of great players. The last 3 years have been great 108, 113, 118 players $50 entry and great Cheeseburgers and Shakes. I have to admit it though you cant beat Hardtimes Tim and Tony take care of the place very well and make it lots of fun. Hope this helps if you need any more info PM me and I will give you addresses to both and Phone #'s

Angel Olivarez