Earl Strickland=EX hockey player?

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anybody noticed how much tape he puts on his shooting cue? Kind of reminds me of a hockey player taping up his stick. Just curious if he ever played youth hockey when he was a youngster?
Hoping Rick S. pipes up here for his cuz. Or anybody else that may have info.
This is not a serious thread, I was just jokin about Earl taping his cue and the pic on front page even shows him with his arm taped. Looks like a real pool warrior.;)

Last edited:

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tucson9ball said:
Has anybody noticed how much tape he puts on his shooting cue? Kind of reminds me of a hockey player taping up his stick. Just curious if he ever played youth hockey when he was a youngster?
Hoping Rick S. pipes up here for his cuz. Or anybody else that may have info.
This is not a serious thread, I was just jokin about Earl taping his cue and the pic on front page even shows him with his arm taped. Looks like a real pool warrior.;)

He LOVES tape....

I went thru the carwash today, and when I got back in the car there was a roll of tape in the console. (Vacuum guys, obviously) Sure enough it's a roll of his tape he left in the van.

Don't think he ever played hockey....not much ice around farm country in N.C. BUT, if there was.....

Honestly he's one of the best I have ever seen. (hand-eye coord.) If he put his mind to it, he could play any game.

Billiards Digest runs those "10 yrs ago"...20 yrs ago... columns. A couple years back Earl was featured...He wins the Chicago Open, beats the local tennis pro, and shoots a 70 (I think?) at the golf course. All in the same week.....