Outdoor pool table

papercut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, Spring has arrived. Wondering if anyone has any experience with the outdoor pool table market. Doesn't seem family oriented to spend time alone in my dark, cold, basement while wife and child are out enjoying time on the deck.

I'm not expecting some beautifully crafted slate table with Simonis 860. Just something where maybe I can practice pool mechanics and drills while enjoying a little sun and family time.

Knowing the purists on this forum, I'm not expecting rave reviews or recommendations on anything that strays from "how pool is supposed to be played". And I agree wholeheartedly. However, I can't see how it's detrimental to play some pseudo-pool in a more lax environment.

Does anyone know anything about them? How well they play? How long they last? Did it ruin your game or did the extra practice help it?

Thanks!

Muxy

Unleash The Fury
Silver Member
0075480606281_500X500.jpg

ahaha

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
Played on a out door table in St Lucia. It sucks. The problem was that any amount of wind would move the balls. Even shooting the cue ball you could see the wind making it curve off the path that you shot.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Papercut,
Half an hour ago I came to Hollywood,CA after attending the BCA Billiards Tade show in Las vegas that ended yesterday.I saw outdoor pool tables in AMF booth/showroom.I liked them.There was another touring pro player with me.She also liked it.Check it out with AMF.
Vagabond

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
$500 a game - outdoors

Many, Many years ago in Chatanooga, I played on a regular bar box that was outside. The bet started at $10 and it was sunny out. As the evening & betting progressed, it started to rain. We were playing for $500 a game by now and we just Kept on playing. Needless to say, it was very humid conditions but the score was well worth it.
WHY NOT JUST PUT A GOOD BAR BOX OUTSIDE ON NICE DAYS AND HAVE A "JACKED DOLLY" TO BRING IT UNDER SOMETHING WHEN IT IS RAINING?

TY & GL