Wanted: Cue For Girl Specs: Pretty and Playable.

fxskater

Ryan The Salmon Arm Lynn
Silver Member
I live in a small town of around 15,000 and run all the local bar tournaments. There is a girl that has been playing that barely played before and is making it to the top 4 in 12 to 16 person tournamnts about 50% of the time. She has never played much but she has asked me to find her a cue. She is not the usual dits and although she wants something 'Pretty' she wants it to be very playable. I told her i could probably find something for around $150 CDN, thinking around $125 USD including shipping could get a decent cue off ebay. By pretty she wasn't talking about nice inlays or points, something with a nice decal would be fine as long as it was very playable. I looked and it doesnt seem Viking, McDermott, Falcon, etc have anything that would fit the bill. Mcdermott has 'The Shadow' but its a little high. Although this girl is beautiful, pool interests are in my heart here, not love interests. I wanna see every person on the planet holding a cue and playing 60 hours a week, and I'll do it one person at a time. She has a very high interest in the game. When i got her a Dufferin in decent shape for $40 cdn she said she would rather pay $150 and get something nice that will last her and play well, telling me 'I really wanna get into pool and play way more, my dads getting a home table.... etc etc..' trying to convince me of how serious she was.

What can you guys recommend? Ebay links would be great if there is anything on ebay right now.

This type of thing is out of the question.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21212&item=7148766497&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

It looks cheesy, its got a Cane Joint (thats what i call em) and it probably plays like shit.

I'm Only looking for GOOD PLAYING 'pretty' cues.

Purdman

Banned
$150 is hard to do

I have a very nice McDermott JLO3. It was the Jannett Lee model before they droped her. The cue went south the day I got it in "99". I just had Rick Phillippi make a new shaft for it. Cue does not have 5 hours of play on it. Like new with a straight shaft. It is definately a womans cue. I would have to get $300 just to lose $100.
Purdman

Muxy

Unleash The Fury
Silver Member
i think i am going to get that for my dad's girlfriend for her

birthday
C254.jpg

landshark77

------blank------
Silver Member
Vivian

Vivian Villarreal has a new line of McDermott cues out. Apparently it is a "women's only" line. The price range is what you are looking for. It seems that there are currently three diffrent models.

You can get more info here.

Jack Flanagan

P. T. Barnum was right !
Silver Member
check out Action's Athena line of cues,,,has a quick release extension for those long shots,,,my advice is get a lighter weight one of these; they get heavy with the extension screwed in,,,

MrLucky

Pool Fanatic!!
Silver Member
Can't get better than the McDermotts in that price range !

fxskater said:
I live in a small town of around 15,000 and run all the local bar tournaments. There is a girl that has been playing that barely played before and is making it to the top 4 in 12 to 16 person tournamnts about 50% of the time. She has never played much but she has asked me to find her a cue. She is not the usual dits and although she wants something 'Pretty' she wants it to be very playable. I told her i could probably find something for around $150 CDN, thinking around $125 USD including shipping could get a decent cue off ebay. By pretty she wasn't talking about nice inlays or points, something with a nice decal would be fine as long as it was very playable. I looked and it doesnt seem Viking, McDermott, Falcon, etc have anything that would fit the bill. Mcdermott has 'The Shadow' but its a little high. Although this girl is beautiful, pool interests are in my heart here, not love interests. I wanna see every person on the planet holding a cue and playing 60 hours a week, and I'll do it one person at a time. She has a very high interest in the game. When i got her a Dufferin in decent shape for $40 cdn she said she would rather pay $150 and get something nice that will last her and play well, telling me 'I really wanna get into pool and play way more, my dads getting a home table.... etc etc..' trying to convince me of how serious she was.

What can you guys recommend? Ebay links would be great if there is anything on ebay right now.

This type of thing is out of the question.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21212&item=7148766497&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

It looks cheesy, its got a Cane Joint (thats what i call em) and it probably plays like shit.

I'm Only looking for GOOD PLAYING 'pretty' cues.

I am not sure why you are having such a hard time besides the Vivian V cues someone linked you to many McDermotts at resellers online are in the $111.00 and up range !!! :D

Rackin_Zack

Suffering from OCBD
Silver Member
landshark77 said:
Vivian Villarreal has a new line of McDermott cues out. Apparently it is a "women's only" line. The price range is what you are looking for. It seems that there are currently three diffrent models.

You can get more info here.

It makes you wonder if they would refuse my money if I wanted to buy one...lol.

fxskater

Ryan The Salmon Arm Lynn
Silver Member
MrLucky said:
I am not sure why you are having such a hard time besides the Vivian V cues someone linked you to many McDermotts at resellers online are in the $111.00 and up range !!!

Post a link to a single Decent Cue that i can get $150 CDN ($120 usd landed). Noone has posted anything in my range yet. Again, it has to be 'Girl Pretty' flowers or purple or pink not 'Guy Pretty' with inlays and points and such. Everyone has posted the type of cues im looking for, just not the price range. I am sure if we put our heads together we can find something on Ebay, or at a discount billiard outlet.

Jack Flanagan

P. T. Barnum was right !
Silver Member
guess you want someone else to do your work for you, :D

www.cuestix.com type in either ACT120, ACT121, ACT122, ATH01, or ATH02 ,,,these cues all retail for $115 each,,,they can route you to a dealer who can sell these to you,,,your pool hall probably can buy it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Please do not take this the wrong way. But I am so confused here.

How much is a plain jane by Forster. I would imagine not too much because he is pretty new. So, may be $400 or so? For an extra $250, you would rather get a production cue from a discount store then to get one custom made by this buddy of yours whom you cannot stop promoting? I just don't get it...

If you really believe in a Forster cue, shouldn't you support his business and refer him to your friends?

Jack Flanagan

P. T. Barnum was right !
Silver Member
just like a girl, laying a guilt trip on a guy...:D :D :D

what everybody is missing here -> $125 usd <- seems to be what is going to be spent, quit trying to "bait-and-switch",,,,, :D :D :D

Jack Flanagan said:
just like a girl, laying a guilt trip on a guy...:D :D :D

what everybody is missing here -> $125 usd <- seems to be what is going to be spent, quit trying to "bait-and-switch",,,,, :D :D :D

OK, uncle jack, I give up... :D

fxskater

Ryan The Salmon Arm Lynn
Silver Member
Tiffpoolbum (who can't stop promoting her sister and playing games):

I Do believe in foster cues and quality and all that. He is not cheap because he is new. You are right though, for around $400 you can get a pretty plain cue from him. Doug does not pay me to promote his cues or even reward me for it, (if he did i would not accept). Doug's cues are superior to any cue i have ever tried, bar none. I am not promoting DOUG, i am promoting what i feel is the best cue. The fact that he is a personal friend has no bearing on my reviews of his cues, I am too honest a person to promote friends if thier product is not superior to everyone else. Sorry if i went on a little there, but i took a little offence to that.

As far as getting a foster for this girl, yes its the plan in the future. But how about you try convincing someone to spend $400 on their first cue. Did you spend $400 on your first cue? It is a small Price, for us educated pool players, to pay to get a superior quality cue. $400 is a 266% increase from $150. Think outside the addicted poolplayer box PLEASE.

Jack Flanagan makes cues i think, but you don't see him recommending his Superior cue @ $500. Stick to my details outlined PLEASE people, I'll even up the price to $200 canadian $155 USD to help you guys out. I am doing the work myself and looking, I'm not trying to get everyone else to do the work for me, its just a little tough but i know it can be done.

I honestly would never spend less than about $400 on a cue for myself to play with, unless i was getting a steal of course (scruggs sneaky $350, blud sneaky $175 (on ebay right now.)

Last edited:

Jack Flanagan

P. T. Barnum was right !
Silver Member
Tiffpoolbum said:
OK, uncle jack, I give up... :D

least you didn't get angry at me,,,LOL

seriously, my daughter has one of these cues,,,66" long with the extension & wow will it ever break with that extra weight on the butt,,,I've used it several times to show non-believers how it splits a rack,,,,I know the extension is for extra reach, but it breaks super with it on it,,, :cool:

Rackin_Zack

Suffering from OCBD
Silver Member
Tiffpoolbum said:
Please do not take this the wrong way. But I am so confused here.

How much is a plain jane by Forster. I would imagine not too much because he is pretty new. So, may be $400 or so? For an extra $250, you would rather get a production cue from a discount store then to get one custom made by this buddy of yours whom you cannot stop promoting? I just don't get it...

If you really believe in a Forster cue, shouldn't you support his business and refer him to your friends?

What confuses me is pretty for a girl vs pretty for a guy. for instance I think this is pretty for a guy or a girl, although it is considerably out of the price range. :D

landshark77

------blank------
Silver Member
Rackin_Zack said:
It makes you wonder if they would refuse my money if I wanted to buy one...lol.

You should try it Zack...I got your back if they say no. :D However, you may wanna be concerned about how the boys at the PH will treat you! :eek: When they say sissy stick in the case, they probably aren't refering to the bridge, lmao!

Rackin_Zack said:
What confuses me is pretty for a girl vs pretty for a guy. for instance I think this is pretty for a guy or a girl, although it is considerably out of the price range. :D
And how do we know what he thinks is girl pretty is actually girl pretty for the girl?

fxskater

Ryan The Salmon Arm Lynn
Silver Member
Rackin_Zack said:

I dunno maybe it is not a girl/guy thing but more of a poolplayer/nonpoolplayer thing. I think you guys are getting what i mean though. What i define as 'Girl Pretty' generally is only viewed as nice by the owner for the first 6 months, then they slowly make thier transition to being a Poolplayer from a Person that plays pool. After this transition they can appreciate what a Real cue looks like, and how UGLY the original 'Pretty' cue was.

(Another shameless Foster Plug)

EDIT: The transition to a Poolplayer has nothing to do with skill, just outlook and appreciation.

Purdman

Banned
Rackin_Zack said:

Hey Rackin_ Zack, at $200 I will take 20 of them. Where do I send my $4,000?
When can I expect shipment? Could ya maybe kick in a soft case.
Purdman :D

Last edited: