Best time Ever!
Old
  (#1)
Robroy
Robin Dodson
Robroy has a reputation beyond reputeRobroy has a reputation beyond reputeRobroy has a reputation beyond reputeRobroy has a reputation beyond reputeRobroy has a reputation beyond reputeRobroy has a reputation beyond reputeRobroy has a reputation beyond reputeRobroy has a reputation beyond reputeRobroy has a reputation beyond reputeRobroy has a reputation beyond reputeRobroy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Best time Ever! - 04-14-2005, 07:43 PM

Mike and I had the best time ever April 7th! It really seemed to be the icing on the cake for my career.
Any of you there?

Robin

Old
  (#2)
sjm
Sweating the 2017 Mosconi
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

04-15-2005, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robroy
Mike and I had the best time ever April 7th! It really seemed to be the icing on the cake for my career.
Any of you there?

Robin
Would you like to share any of the details? Which of the game's legends attended? What were the most memorable moments and quotes?

Celebrity Poster
Old
  (#3)
JAM
On the Hill
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

Celebrity Poster - 04-15-2005, 06:32 AM

For the life of me, I kept reading Robroy's post and was wondering who "Mike" and "Robin" may be. I thought it could have been Mike Howerton, but couldn't connect him to a lady by the name of "Robin."

So I thought about it, and then I saw SJM's response, a knowledgeable poster about a variety of pool-related topics, one being professional pool.

It then seems to click for me that Robroy may be -- I hope I'm right -- Hall of Famer Robin Dodson? And the "Mike" is Mr. Massey himself? April 7th was the clue for me, being that is when the Hall of Fame Awards celebration occurred in Las Vegas!

Am I right?

JAM

Old
  (#4)
Fred Agnir

vCash:

04-15-2005, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM
It then seems to click for me that Robroy may be -- I hope I'm right -- Hall of Famer Robin Dodson? And the "Mike" is Mr. Massey himself? April 7th was the clue for me, being that is when the Hall of Fame Awards celebration occurred in Las Vegas!

Am I right?

JAM
Yup.

Fred

Old
  (#5)
jkjerry
AzB Silver Member
jkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond reputejkjerry has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

04-15-2005, 08:31 AM

Sorry, I was not there either.

However I do feel that Robin and Mike REALLY deserve the honor that was hard-earned.

Congratulations Mike and Robin!!!

Jerry

Name: Jerry
Cue: Tim Scruggs
BD Year: 1963
Hours of pool/week: 0 - 8

Old
  (#6)
sjm
Sweating the 2017 Mosconi
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

04-15-2005, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM
For the life of me, I kept reading Robroy's post and was wondering who "Mike" and "Robin" may be. I thought it could have been Mike Howerton, but couldn't connect him to a lady by the name of "Robin."

So I thought about it, and then I saw SJM's response, a knowledgeable poster about a variety of pool-related topics, one being professional pool.

Am I right?

JAM
You're right, JAM, and Robroy comes from Robin and Roy Dodson. Roy's her husband.

Old
  (#7)
rayjay
some of the kids
rayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

04-15-2005, 03:29 PM

Absolutely...congratulations and very well deserved! Great article in BD, by the way. I really enjoyed it...very inspiring.

Old
  (#8)
MikeJanis
Banned
MikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJanis has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000

04-15-2005, 03:46 PM

Congratulations Robin and Mike. A fitting honor for each of you.

Wholeheartedly,

Mike Janis

Now how do I get one of those meritorious service awards? I wanna be like Mike !

Old
  (#9)
Robroy
Robin Dodson
Robroy has a reputation beyond reputeRobroy has a reputation beyond reputeRobroy has a reputation beyond reputeRobroy has a reputation beyond reputeRobroy has a reputation beyond reputeRobroy has a reputation beyond reputeRobroy has a reputation beyond reputeRobroy has a reputation beyond reputeRobroy has a reputation beyond reputeRobroy has a reputation beyond reputeRobroy has a reputation beyond repute

10-12-2006, 11:28 AM

I am just learning how to use this board, I have been looking around and found this thread and the comments.
It was a very nice evening for sure!

Thank you

Old
  (#10)
Robroy
Robin Dodson

10-12-2006, 11:28 AM

I'm just learning how to use this board, I have been looking around and found this thread and the comments.
It was a very nice evening for sure!

Thank you

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: