Using 7ball rules while playing 9ball

StormHotRod300

BigSexy
Silver Member
Ok, everyone talks about ways to make 9ball more interesting and appealing.

why not just use sudden death 7ball rules when playing 9ball? That way you eliminate the people who just bang balls around. And make them actually try to make a ball into the pocket.

i myself wouldnt mind using 7ball rules in a 9ball game.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
StormHotRod300 said:
Ok, everyone talks about ways to make 9ball more interesting and appealing.

why not just use sudden death 7ball rules when playing 9ball?

......because the only parts of nine ball that are interesting are defense, kicking and two way shots. Switch to the seven ball rules, and you strip nineball of, what I believe to be, its only interesting parts.

vapoolplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sjm said:
......because the only parts of nine ball that are interesting are defense, kicking and two way shots. Switch to the seven ball rules, and you strip nineball of, what I believe to be, its only interesting parts.

i agree here.

if you really want to see a different guy winning every week, use the 7 ball rules.

any A player or better can win with those rules.

half the time the "safe" is called when they take a hard shot that they might miss.

anyone can make 9 balls, its the rest of the game that take real skill.

VAP

Jack Flanagan

P. T. Barnum was right !
Silver Member
??post a link to 7 ball rules,,,,has any legit group like apa, bca, etc. actually made any determination of rules for 7 ball ??

S

spartan

as posted before, 7 ball under espn rules takes away half of the game. its okay to watch but i prefer traditional 9 ball. what i dont like is that 2 of the games biggest paying tournaments (challenge of champions and 7 ball) have fields of 8 player as opposed to 64 or even more for that matter. either one you win 3 matches and youve won $25000 (7ball) or $50000 (challenge).