cleaning cloth in washing machine?

comelyghost

i just purchased a table that has decent cloth, but is a little dirty because it was stored in the garage without a cover. this includes a grease stain. since the cloth is already off the table, i figured why not throw it in the gentle cycle, then hang dry it?
anyone ever try this? i'm afraid of it shrinking and/or warping. how would your guys recomend cleaning it? what about dry cleaning?

Last edited:

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
comelyghost said:
i just purchased a table that has decent cloth, but is a little dirty because it was stored in the garage without a cover. this includes a grease stain. since the cloth is already off the table, i figured why not throw it in the gentle cycle, then hang dry it?
anyone ever try this? i'm afraid of it shrinking and/or warping. how would your guys recomend cleaning it? what about dry cleaning?

Ferget it!! Won't work! Back when I was in the table service business, I had a guy call me and offer to pay me triple my usual labor rate to set up a pool table by 11:00 AM the next morning, as he was given the table and wanted it set up before his "Super Bowl Party" the next day. He told me he had everything in place, all I had to do is set it up using the cloth that came off of it. I didn't have to recover the rails. It was supposed to be in perfect condition. The rails looked like new. After I had the playing surface all leveled out and the slate seams properly sealed I asked him for the bed cloth. He brought it out on a dry cleaners hanger! lol When I layed it out on the table, it was at least a foot short on the long way and 6 inches short across the table! Had to run back to the shop for a new bed cloth, but still had it done and got my money plus a good tip for the extra running!

just more hot air!

Sherm

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
comelyghost said:

Didn't your mother ever teach you not to wash wool unless the label says so? Dude, it will pill beyond your wildest dreams, possibly shrink (and unevenly, mind you) and I haven't even gone into the problems with clothing a table with used cloth. In the end, it's not worth it.

B

Bruce S. de Lis

comelyghost said:

If the above is not a JOKE, think SHRINKAGE....