My "NEW" Jacoby
Old
  (#1)
trustyrusty
I'm better with a wedge!
trustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 200

My "NEW" Jacoby - 02-12-2009, 05:18 PM

just thought I'd show her off a bit...

LOVE THE BRIGHT VENEERS - from inside to out off the ebony points - yellow, red, green, and black.

tell me what you think??

Name:  Jacoby cue (smaller).JPG
Views: 2629
Size:  82.8 KB

Name:  Jacoby butt.JPG
Views: 2624
Size:  63.9 KB

Name:  Jacoby forearm.JPG
Views: 2621
Size:  67.6 KB

Name:  jacoby signature.JPG
Views: 2624
Size:  61.5 KB

Name:  Jacoby spear & veneers.JPG
Views: 2618
Size:  52.0 KB

Old
  (#2)
trustyrusty
I'm better with a wedge!
trustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond reputetrustyrusty has a reputation beyond repute

02-12-2009, 06:49 PM

Sure, it's no $2K "custom" cue, but I thought it was a little different looking, and HAD to have it. The maple inlays in the ebony butt and points are some REALLY nice looking curly. The green is malachite (in the spears and circle in the "stars"). The forearm is GREAT looking bidseye. There isn't a Jacoby dealer near me, so I haven't seen many....VERY impressed with the quality, and the hit is nice too!! It's dated 9-06, but I picked it up yesterday new and unhit.

Last edited by trustyrusty; 02-12-2009 at 06:52 PM.

Old
  (#3)
Drawman623
Box Cue lover
Drawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond reputeDrawman623 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

02-12-2009, 07:33 PM

I love my Jacoby cue. You've picked a winner for sure. The veneers really jump out on your cue. Enjoy it.

After a pushout: "Give it back and I'll show you how to make it...or shoot it yourself and you'll never know." Garten Bierbower

Last edited by Drawman623; 02-12-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Old
  (#4)
trustyrusty
I'm better with a wedge!

02-12-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawman623
I love my Jacoby cue. You've picked a winner for sure. The veneers really jump out on your cue. Enjoy it.
Thanks drawman...very impressed with it. I was down to this or a Pechauer, and this one won out (pretty much on those veneers).

Old
  (#5)
fsarfino
♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙
fsarfino has a reputation beyond reputefsarfino has a reputation beyond reputefsarfino has a reputation beyond reputefsarfino has a reputation beyond reputefsarfino has a reputation beyond reputefsarfino has a reputation beyond reputefsarfino has a reputation beyond reputefsarfino has a reputation beyond reputefsarfino has a reputation beyond reputefsarfino has a reputation beyond reputefsarfino has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 8400

02-12-2009, 08:34 PM

Looks nice. I really like my Jacoby too.

Not really sure why these cues dont draw too much attention here though.

They don't draw attention
Old
  (#6)
oldneo
AzB Silver Member
oldneo has a reputation beyond reputeoldneo has a reputation beyond reputeoldneo has a reputation beyond reputeoldneo has a reputation beyond reputeoldneo has a reputation beyond reputeoldneo has a reputation beyond reputeoldneo has a reputation beyond reputeoldneo has a reputation beyond reputeoldneo has a reputation beyond reputeoldneo has a reputation beyond reputeoldneo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

They don't draw attention - 02-12-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsarfino
Looks nice. I really like my Jacoby too.

Not really sure why these cues dont draw too much attention here though.
because like the gentleman said it's not a $2000 cue but let someone show a black Boar or a Gina cue hell any cue costing $5000 to $30.000 and watch how many people come out of the woodwork to post about how beautiful it is, even when the cue has a shit load of flaws like the last Zinzola, and Cantando. It's like driving a ferrari with a shitty paint job it's still a ferrari and I guess that's how the collectors see it, and the sad part with all the flaws they still bring in high dollar money.

oldneo

Playing Cue: Jacoby
Break/Jump Cue: J&J
Other Cues... Samsara, Custom Leon Sly
Cases: Talisman 2x4, Murnak 3x5

Old
  (#7)
trustyrusty
I'm better with a wedge!

02-12-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldneo
because like the gentleman said it's not a $2000 cue but let someone show a black Boar or a Gina cue hell any cue costing $5000 to $30.000 and watch how many people come out of the woodwork to post about how beautiful it is, even when the cue has a shit load of flaws like the last Zinzola, and Cantando. It's like driving a ferrari with a shitty paint job it's still a ferrari and I guess that's how the collectors see it, and the sad part with all the flaws they still bring in high dollar money.
wow, did you just read my post in the main forum about expensive cues?? I also used a Ferarri as an example...

I wouldn't tear down anyone's cue though. If it was $1M or $10 and didn't look good to me....they saw something in it, and that's what matters. And if they bought a cue as an investment, it's only worth what they can get out of it.

Old
  (#8)
trustyrusty
I'm better with a wedge!

02-13-2009, 09:34 AM

BUMP to see if there are any other comments

played well again with it last night, hoping the "honeymoon" phase doesn't wear off....

Old
  (#9)
jacobycues
jacobycc
jacobycues has a reputation beyond reputejacobycues has a reputation beyond reputejacobycues has a reputation beyond reputejacobycues has a reputation beyond reputejacobycues has a reputation beyond reputejacobycues has a reputation beyond reputejacobycues has a reputation beyond reputejacobycues has a reputation beyond reputejacobycues has a reputation beyond reputejacobycues has a reputation beyond reputejacobycues has a reputation beyond repute

02-13-2009, 11:12 AM

Happy to hear you are enjoying it!!!

My thoughts
Old
  (#10)
Kevin Lindstrom
14.1 Addict
Kevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6237

My thoughts - 02-13-2009, 11:48 AM

I have always thought Jacoby made a very nice cue at a very fair price.

I hope they continue to do well in the cue making business.

Thanks

Kevin

SCREW IT LETS RIDE

Old
  (#11)
trustyrusty
I'm better with a wedge!

02-13-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobycues
Thanks for responding so quickly to my inquiries. I'll be sure to be in contact for anything else I may need. I've already been out quite a bit with it, and have showed it off to a buncha buddies Lotsa compliments, and questions about Jacoby. I've referred them to your website.

BTW, for those on the forum...I visited the Jacoby booth at the DCC, and the folks who work for them are 100% class, and very helpful. I pondered over a couple of cues they had with them and didn't pull the trigger. When I did find one that I had to have (semi-locally), I bought it, and emailed a few questions about the cue thru the site ( www.jacobycue.com )...and Paul was again, very helpful, and quick to respond. I was so impressed with them at the DCC, I had to try one, and my decision wasn't only confirmed by finding a cue I really like, but by the folks who stand behind their product, and care about their customers.

Can't thank you guys enough; MAJOR props to you all at Jacoby (and a green rep, since thiat's the best I can do on here )

Old
  (#12)
cuejunky
Pool Player
cuejunky has a reputation beyond reputecuejunky has a reputation beyond reputecuejunky has a reputation beyond reputecuejunky has a reputation beyond reputecuejunky has a reputation beyond reputecuejunky has a reputation beyond reputecuejunky has a reputation beyond reputecuejunky has a reputation beyond reputecuejunky has a reputation beyond reputecuejunky has a reputation beyond reputecuejunky has a reputation beyond repute

02-13-2009, 11:59 AM

I have a Jacoby, looks great and plays great. Good craftsmanship with no discernable flaws. Has one of the smoothest shafts I've played with (no snide remarks please). Well worth the $$. The points are not sharp, as they were obviously done with CNC but, I still enjoy the cue.

AEcue, Coker, Diveney, Jacoby, McD C-3, others.

Old
  (#13)
andywho
AzB Silver Member
andywho has a reputation beyond reputeandywho has a reputation beyond reputeandywho has a reputation beyond reputeandywho has a reputation beyond reputeandywho has a reputation beyond reputeandywho has a reputation beyond reputeandywho has a reputation beyond reputeandywho has a reputation beyond reputeandywho has a reputation beyond reputeandywho has a reputation beyond reputeandywho has a reputation beyond repute

02-13-2009, 01:05 PM

i'm looking forward to seeing what jocoby have this year at VF

Andy Lu

Old
  (#14)
trustyrusty
I'm better with a wedge!

02-16-2009, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobycues
PM sent...

Old
  (#15)
pwd72s
recreational banger
pwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond repute

02-16-2009, 01:17 AM

Jacoby makes great cues...and yours is gorgeous. Never apologize for it...

P.S: Ferrari and Porsche ownership is overrated.

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: