Sardo vs. Delta 13 vs. Chameleon vs. Cheap-O

Da Bank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Boys and girls.... need some opinions on best racks and if the more expensive ones are really worth it?

I've racked 1000s of racks without a sardo, etc. but they sure do look convenient and precise.

I don't see what makes a Delta so good, is it the precise size that make it so good, or is there some hidden function in the rack that keeps it tight?

I have never heard anything good or bad about the chameleon, would love to hear more.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Other than the noise factor being that it is metal and the balls clank around when you put them in (doesn't bother me in the least), the Delta-13 Rack is the triple nuts. Some how, some way, they found out how to engineer the perfect rack. With this baby, a good rack is a piece of cake.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Boys and girls.... need some opinions on best racks and if the more expensive ones are really worth it?

I've racked 1000s of racks without a sardo, etc. but they sure do look convenient and precise.

I don't see what makes a Delta so good, is it the precise size that make it so good, or is there some hidden function in the rack that keeps it tight?

I have never heard anything good or bad about the chameleon, would love to hear more.

The Delta is engineered to precision spec's. It remains in perfect shape regardless of the beating. It doesn't get sticky like wood might in humid/rainy conditions.

There's no hidden function on the Delta.

I've never seen the Sardo contraption, other than on TV, so I can't speak of it. Depsite its shortcomings, does it give a better rack than any other? Other than it being bulky, what are the knocks on it? Easy to break? Expensive?

I'm not familiar with the Chameleon either, unless it was some strange reference to my ex. She had a great rack and could change colors in a New York minute! :wink:

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nothing beats the hands on racking of a standard rack. And from what I hear the Delta-13 is a precision rack just for that. No gimmicks just a precise rack. I owned a Sardo....Never ever again...sorry Lou!

As for the Chameleon, I have no say cause I never used one......but I will take that hands on approach to getting a tight rack over any mechanical one any day.

IMO

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Other than the noise factor being that it is metal and the balls clank around when you put them in (doesn't bother me in the least), the Delta-13 Rack is the triple nuts. Some how, some way, they found out how to engineer the perfect rack. With this baby, a good rack is a piece of cake.

That's it! Jay has his opinion on it now I want a Delta-13! :yes:

Rob_jerrylee

Bustamante's # 1 fan
Silver Member
Well I can say I really Hate the Sardo rack , I did like it at first but I switched to a Triangle rack and now I really want a Delta 13 bad .

Sardo Rack : I didn't like the way that it tapped my table , Took forever to get the dimples out of the cloth .

Plastic Rack : Bends to easy .

Wood Racks : Can warp to easily .

I want a delta :thumbup:

Da Bank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ok, this makes sense.

I did see one rack one time, and I cannot remember the name of it, that was shaped like a regular rack but had just a small mechanism inside the rack that gently pushed the balls together as you pressed down, it was not big and bulky like a sardo, it looked like a normal rack.

Anyone know what I'm talking about, and have any opinions on that?

Thanks

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
The Delta is made to tight tolerances and is machined. Hence the high price tag. They rack good with new balls. I would be interested in hearing how they rack an older worn set of balls. and I dont mean yours Matt