Thoughts on TAR
Old
  (#1)
IamMark
AzB Silver Member
IamMark has a reputation beyond reputeIamMark has a reputation beyond reputeIamMark has a reputation beyond reputeIamMark has a reputation beyond reputeIamMark has a reputation beyond reputeIamMark has a reputation beyond reputeIamMark has a reputation beyond reputeIamMark has a reputation beyond reputeIamMark has a reputation beyond reputeIamMark has a reputation beyond reputeIamMark has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Thoughts on TAR - 05-07-2009, 09:22 AM

Well, yesterday I finally had a chance to purchase and watch a TAR ppv. It was fun for the most part, but I really don't see myself purchasing another match on a weeknight. Nothing to do with the quality, it was great. Except, it is during a weeknight where I love to watch NBA playoffs or MLB. I really just don't see myself turning down those games, which I watch for free (part of cable bill). Yesterday, I purchased the ppv just to see what it was like, and for the most part I was watching the NBA playoffs and switched over to TAR during commercials. I was just wondering if I was alone or whether more people fit in this case? I was thinking if the match was held during a weekend, it may get much more viewers. I know its tough enough organizing these events, and I may just be too picky.

It is tough.
Old
  (#2)
Sam Waltz
My way...
Sam Waltz has a reputation beyond reputeSam Waltz has a reputation beyond reputeSam Waltz has a reputation beyond reputeSam Waltz has a reputation beyond reputeSam Waltz has a reputation beyond reputeSam Waltz has a reputation beyond reputeSam Waltz has a reputation beyond reputeSam Waltz has a reputation beyond reputeSam Waltz has a reputation beyond reputeSam Waltz has a reputation beyond reputeSam Waltz has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 62

It is tough. - 05-07-2009, 09:44 AM

Your right, it is hard when some of these events are scheduled during the work week. Guess what though...TAR has a another opportunity lined up for ya this weekend with Rodney Morris and Chris Bartram! Looks to be a great match with two high profile gamblers firin' 'em in for some substantial cash! I hope you give TAR another opportunity and purchase this match as I'm sure you'll enjoy the show!

Last edited by Sam Waltz; 05-07-2009 at 09:47 AM.

Old
  (#3)
CreeDo
Fargo Rating 597
CreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond reputeCreeDo has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to CreeDo  
05-07-2009, 09:50 AM

also don't forget they'll be offering stuff on DVD so maybe just plan on buying a DVD if it looks like the timing of the live PPV isn't gonna work out for you.

Old
  (#4)
UrackmIcrackm
AzB Silver Member
UrackmIcrackm has a reputation beyond reputeUrackmIcrackm has a reputation beyond reputeUrackmIcrackm has a reputation beyond reputeUrackmIcrackm has a reputation beyond reputeUrackmIcrackm has a reputation beyond reputeUrackmIcrackm has a reputation beyond reputeUrackmIcrackm has a reputation beyond reputeUrackmIcrackm has a reputation beyond reputeUrackmIcrackm has a reputation beyond reputeUrackmIcrackm has a reputation beyond reputeUrackmIcrackm has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2009, 09:51 AM

I think they would get less viewers on the wkend, especially during the summer months. People go out of town, on vacation, to cook outs, etc. The people that work tend to stay home during the week. Not everyone watches sports. A lof of folks either watch tv shows or hardly anything at all. With Tivo & DVR's in most homes now, some folks will do as I did and DVR their shows to watch at a later time. I understand that doesn't work with sports which is why I didn't offer you that suggestion.

From past threads on here and stuff in the streaming chat, the biggest problem people tend to have is the late hours on week nights. Matches like the one this week are difficult for people on the east coast to be able stay up & watch. People on the west coast tend to not get home until the matches are well under way.

Most cannot watch from work (I can't). One match that I wanted to see and wasn't able to due to the time that the matche was played was Bartrum vs. Moore. They started in the morning and played through the work day. If I remember correctly, Justin vowed to never agree to that again. I never heard the numbers but I'm going to guess that the ppv numbers were less than stellar.

Ultimately, you can't please everyone. Over all, TAR does a fantastic job and try to please everyone as best they can under the circumstances. Lastly, most of the pool players featured in these match ups don't have jobs outside of the playing pool. They're a nomadic group that tends to stay up late, sleep late, and really couldn't care less what day of the week it is when the right game presents itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DippyD
im a tool

Old
  (#5)
Roy Steffensen
not banned
Roy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

05-07-2009, 09:52 AM

I live far, far away and bought it. The broadcast starts at 2 at night and end around 7-10 in the morning.

If you are a fan you have to do whatever you can to support the game

"The bangers consider me a pro - the pros consider me a banger"

LOVE TO GAMBLE - CAN'T PLAY

Old
  (#6)
Eric.
Club a member
Eric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

05-07-2009, 09:54 AM

It all depends on what you want to do with your free time.

Me? I like watching Pool and can care less about regualr TV. For that matter, I don't have that much free time during the week and TAR is the only time I will sit for a few hours watching something on a weeknight.

(BTW, "free" on regular cable is still something you're paying for, lol)

Eric

Old
  (#7)
mosconiac
Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
mosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond reputemosconiac has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 624

05-07-2009, 09:58 AM

If you got a call from a buddy that Dennis Hatch & Darren Appleton were down at your local poolhall playing a match for $40,000...would you hang up & keep watching your NBA game--or--would you make tracks for the car keys? I know what I would do!

The way I look at it is TAR brings a hell of a product that everyone *says* they want, but as soon as they pipe it directly into your home for a modest fee...people kinda get weird about it. It's on too late, its on during the week, its hard on my Mac, its spread over 3 days?, its not free?,...blah, blah, blah.

I understand your point Mark, you like pro basketball and baseball more than pro pool. Nothing wrong with that. I'm just glad you bought the ppv, it keeps TAR in action for a while longer. I hope "longer" is many, many years!

Primary Cue: Barry Szamboti (Pic1/Pic2)
Break Cue: Predator BK2
Case: Jack Justis (Pic)
Table: Kim Steel 9' (Pic)
Hannah: She Chalks Before Every Shot (Pic/Vid1/Vid2)

Old
  (#8)
UrackmIcrackm
AzB Silver Member
UrackmIcrackm has a reputation beyond reputeUrackmIcrackm has a reputation beyond reputeUrackmIcrackm has a reputation beyond reputeUrackmIcrackm has a reputation beyond reputeUrackmIcrackm has a reputation beyond reputeUrackmIcrackm has a reputation beyond reputeUrackmIcrackm has a reputation beyond reputeUrackmIcrackm has a reputation beyond reputeUrackmIcrackm has a reputation beyond reputeUrackmIcrackm has a reputation beyond reputeUrackmIcrackm has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeDo
also don't forget they'll be offering stuff on DVD so maybe just plan on buying a DVD if it looks like the timing of the live PPV isn't gonna work out for you.
Which is exactly how I make up for the matches that I can't view. The only down side is that TAR consists of only Chad & Justin which means poor Justin is behind & with each great match up that comes along, he just gets more & more behind. I wish I knew more about that stuff because I would volunteer my time to help him get caught up.

Quote:
im a tool

Old
  (#9)
bfdlad
T-Wheels
bfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond reputebfdlad has a reputation beyond repute

05-07-2009, 10:37 AM

A little bird told me that they had Archer doing commentary on one of the days. thats always good to have a pro helping with commentary.

Old
  (#10)
lady9ball
AzB Silver Member
lady9ball has a reputation beyond reputelady9ball has a reputation beyond reputelady9ball has a reputation beyond reputelady9ball has a reputation beyond reputelady9ball has a reputation beyond reputelady9ball has a reputation beyond reputelady9ball has a reputation beyond reputelady9ball has a reputation beyond reputelady9ball has a reputation beyond reputelady9ball has a reputation beyond reputelady9ball has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to lady9ball  
05-07-2009, 10:44 AM

If I could record the TAR broadcast and watch it when I wanted to, I would probably purchase at least 50% of their streams. If anyone knows a good way to do this, please fill me in.

Playing Cue: Pechauer
Break Cue: Cheapie j/b
Jump Cue: Bungee
Home Table: 7' Brunswick

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss

Old
  (#11)
DrOnePocket
Banned
DrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1350

05-07-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady9ball View Post
if i could record the tar broadcast and watch it when i wanted to, i would probably purchase at least 50% of their streams. If anyone knows a good way to do this, please fill me in.
bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
  (#12)
worriedbeef
The Voice of Reason
worriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond reputeworriedbeef has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

05-07-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrOnePocket View Post
bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trouble is that would severely hurt sales of the DVD's...

what i would love to see is a delayed viewing time - ie: after you pay for it you can watch the match after you log in for say 1 week.

because even though i purchase most of the streams - the time difference means I can never watch hardly any of it!

"I know someday you'll have a beautiful life I know you'll be a sun, in somebody else's sky but why, why, why can't it be mine?"

Old
  (#13)
Eric.
Club a member
Eric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

05-07-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady9ball View Post
If I could record the TAR broadcast and watch it when I wanted to, I would probably purchase at least 50% of their streams. If anyone knows a good way to do this, please fill me in.
It might take a lil longer for TAR to get the DVD out, but...typically the DVD sells for the same amount as the live PPV. A bonus is that it gets packaged and burned to a DVD, so you can add to your collection.

Eric

Old
  (#14)
UrackmIcrackm
AzB Silver Member

05-07-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady9ball
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrOnePocket
bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me ask - Have you bought any of the DVD's?

The rights of the broadcast belong to TAR. Not to say that you would post the match on you tube for all to see for free, or burn copies and sell them, but I assure you that many people would do that.

If you could record the streams then they would never make any money from trying to sell the DVD's. The proceeds are split between TAR & both players. The players make more money off the TAR DVD's than they do off of accu stat matches. Allowing people to record the streams would literally be taking money out of their pockets.

Quote:
im a tool

Old
  (#15)
DrOnePocket
Banned
DrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond reputeDrOnePocket has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1350

05-07-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrackmIcrackm View Post
Let me ask - Have you bought any of the DVD's?

The rights of the broadcast belong to TAR. Not to say that you would post the match on you tube for all to see for free, or burn copies and sell them, but I assure you that many people would do that.

If you could record the streams then they would never make any money from trying to sell the DVD's. The proceeds are split between TAR & both players. The players make more money off the TAR DVD's than they do off of accu stat matches. Allowing people to record the streams would literally be taking money out of their pockets.
You are not thinking about all of the money they are losing by not allowing us to record what we are already paying for. I know several ppl who won't buy any ppv's because of this

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: