Lighting for pool table?

Carpe_Diem

"Seize The Day"
Silver Member
Good morning all,

I saw a post here earlier by Eric, which gave me the idea to ask this question without hijacking his own thread.

I am moving to a new city in July. My family and I are going down today
to look at houses. I will be looking for a recreation room that is spacious enough for a 9 footer, probably a Black Crown II.

Finding a house with a big enough room is fairly easy but what do I do if there is no lighting in the ceiling above where I am locating the pool table?
Chances are pretty good there won't be any lighting at that location unless the previous owners had a table. Do I need to bring an electrician in to run wires and make a mess or can I get a light fixture that just hangs above the table and plugs into an AC outlet??

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

P.S. I have never owned my own pool table.

Paul.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Led

Paul,

Somebody on here was building a LED lighting system with hundreds of LED's. Should be cool, bright, and have a low power draw. You would have to make two or three holes in the ceiling to hang any real pool light, have to be sure the landlord is cool with that. You could run an AC cord to any pool light.

Hu

Good morning all,

I saw a post here earlier by Eric, which gave me the idea to ask this question without hijacking his own thread.

I am moving to a new city in July. My family and I are going down today
to look at houses. I will be looking for a recreation room that is spacious enough for a 9 footer, probably a Black Crown II.

Finding a house with a big enough room is fairly easy but what do I do if there is no lighting in the ceiling above where I am locating the pool table?
Chances are pretty good there won't be any lighting at that location unless the previous owners had a table. Do I need to bring an electrician in to run wires and make a mess or can I get a light fixture that just hangs above the table and plugs into an AC outlet??

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

P.S. I have never owned my own pool table.

Paul.

Carpe_Diem

"Seize The Day"
Silver Member
are you looking for recessed lighting or a true "table light"?

Im not sure which is the best way to go. Doing recessed lighting sounds like it might involve bringing in an electrician?

I believe I would like to go with a nice table light that hangs over the table.

You could run an AC cord to any pool light.

Ok, that sounds good. I guess I will need to run an extension cord to the light, running it along the ceiling and down a wall to the nearest outlet?

Thanks fellas.