How I feel about watching great pool......

Beware_of_Dawg

Silver Member
ONe of my favorite movies. I graduated high school in 1990 and wrestled all my life. that movie is right in my wheelhouse.

I usta watch this movie with trash bags on after running around the neighborhood trying to make weight. (while listening to lunitic fringe on my headphones. THIS SONG & THIS SCENE, THE NUTS)

good times, WOOT.

Last edited:

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tap tap tap...

This is a great scene in an okay movie. I think about it often, as I watch greatness in many things. Pool being my passion, it applies here whenever I get in the zone, which I was a couple months ago at a tourneyment, or watching the greats we admire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZeaZ3rZumg&feature=related

To all my friends here....

Ken

Reminds me of when 'Fast Eddie' is describing being in the zone......
"when you just know........." I've never heard another description that described billiards better.

The highest and most pure form of sport are just those moments! Thanks for sharing.

td

tom mcgonagle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of all the games I've played in my life and I tried a lot of them. I consider pool the most demanding and the least forgiving. It's also the most rewarding. You alone are the one responsible for the glory of victory or the agony of defeat.

I went to a lot of pool tournaments just to watch when I came back to the game in the late seventies. I felt watching the game being played at a high level rubbed off on me. I had a much better stroke and demeanor at the table watching the great players. I watched Steve Mizerack run 150 and out against his former brother-in-law (no love loss here) Pete Margo, after Pete opened with a ninety ball run of his own, in New London Conn. How focused did Steve have to be at this point? Unfortunately, the great performances pool players have are mostly, only appreciated by the player that does the work. If only we could convey what's going on to the world when we enter the, "Zone."