Whats your favorite table cloth color?

Whats your favorite cloth color?

• Total voters

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
Im looking at pool tables, and its crazy how many color choices there are out there. I like the blue, what color is your favorite? least favorite?

Joe

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even though I voted for the green and dark green looks best---since I am a senior citizen the tournament blue seems to highlight the ends of the balls better.

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
while Im not a senior citizen yet, I too feel that I can see the balls better on the blue.

Joe

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
There may be a lot of color choices in bed cloth, but if you are a pool player there are really only two choices: green or blue. How often do you see any other color in a pool a hall? Not very.

All the other colors are really only there for home applications in order so wifey can match the drapes.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I can say that I never thought I would like anything better than green until I played on blue felt. I've played on greens, blues, red, tan and black with blue being by far the best color to use.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Blue

I can say that I never thought I would like anything better than green until I played on blue felt. I've played on greens, blues, red, tan and black with blue being by far the best color to use.

I feel the same way. The light blue is the best for eye sight to the object ball.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Pool tables have green cloth. That's the way God intended it. :groucho:

John Biddle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm normally a traditionalist, but I go with the light blue because it has better contrast with the balls and you can see better.

tom mcgonagle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A well lit table, with blue cloth is hard to beat in my opinion. I can see the balls so much better, especially the darker balls, 2,4,6, and 8 when they are close to the rails.

Voodoo Daddy

One Pocket 101
I loved the green cloth because it was in every pool room/bar I would frequent. The TV Blue is the NUTZ and I sinced divorced the green and started a torrid love affair with the blue!!

Voodoo~~~still sick, 44 yrs later

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
There's actually different shades you can get of each colour, too. It's crazy how many options there are. I personally prefer Tournament Blue. It's so much easier on the eyes.

ine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In our small poolhall we use powderblue cloth. This is the cloth that has the best contrast to the balls and what I prefer to play on. And it looks good.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Blue

For many years "regulation green" was the only color I thought a pool table should be covered with. Many years ago a pool hall trying to appeal to the young crowd put in every color available, from black to light tan and everything in between. Blue and the lighter green were OK, everything else I hated.

My eyes aren't what they once were and I strongly favor blue now. I played on a green covered table last trip just to see how I played on it and things were OK but I am used to blue now.

Hu

junkbond

The dog ate my stroke.
Silver Member
I've always preferred "old fart green" (sometimes called "regulation green"), simply because that's all that pool tables had for many years and it's what I was used to. To me, anything else looked like something that should be in a "family fun center" instead of a pool hall. But now, with the eyes getting worse by the day, the next recover will be with blue.