Need help estimating value 12/01 Inside Pool

topcat1953

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello Everyone,

I have many old issues of Inside Pool Magazine of which I might need to sell.

Many of these issues are in Very Good shape and some still have the plastic cover. Which means they have never been handled.

Most likely, I wouldn't bother to try and market them, but I am becoming a bit desperate in the pocket book, so to speak.

Please, if you have any idea what these issues are worth or could be worth, it would be so helpful. I'm not even looking to fetch top dollar, but I do not want to give them away at a foolishly ridiculous price. Particularly the first issue from December, 2001.

Thank you.

juegabillar

Private Citizen
Silver Member
Hello Everyone,

I have many old issues of Inside Pool Magazine of which I might need to sell.

Many of these issues are in Very Good shape and some still have the plastic cover. Which means they have never been handled.

Most likely, I wouldn't bother to try and market them, but I am becoming a bit desperate in the pocket book, so to speak.

Please, if you have any idea what these issues are worth or could be worth, it would be so helpful. I'm not even looking to fetch top dollar, but I do not want to give them away at a foolishly ridiculous price. Particularly the first issue from December, 2001.

Thank you.

Why not sell them in packages (per year) and sell them at 1 buck each plus shipping and handling (Maybe $12.00 plus 8.00 shipping) and you get to unload them.

I know you said you dont want to give them at a ridiculous price but one buck each is better than having to throw them away.

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
Not exactly the sort of thing people collect, so you're going to have a really hard time getting a good price for these. I certainly wouldnt give them away....but nor would I expect to get much for them.

topcat1953

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, thanks for the feedback. I am a little confused to think some one would suggest that I offer them at a buck a piece. Maybe my view is a bit distorted. Every magazine that has ever been published about our sport is very valuable. It is our only written link to history. I sure didn't see anything in the newspapers regarding the events last week in Vegas and that is one of our sports' biggest weeks for amateurs and pros.

Ok, I'm done going off. But, "The Snap" published only 13 issues. It was a great magazine and now, when it can be found, lists for $150 an issue.

I thought someone might have a legitimate idea as to a true value for a first issue "Inside Pool". Because I don't know. Is it $25, $35, $50 or $100? And that doesn't mean I would expect to receive that much if I became serious about selling.

Really though, dollar a piece? Maybe I should spot you the 6 out and I'll race to seven while you go to three.

sydbarret

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, thanks for the feedback. I am a little confused to think some one would suggest that I offer them at a buck a piece. Maybe my view is a bit distorted. Every magazine that has ever been published about our sport is very valuable. It is our only written link to history. I sure didn't see anything in the newspapers regarding the events last week in Vegas and that is one of our sports' biggest weeks for amateurs and pros.

Ok, I'm done going off. But, "The Snap" published only 13 issues. It was a great magazine and now, when it can be found, lists for $150 an issue.

I thought someone might have a legitimate idea as to a true value for a first issue "Inside Pool". Because I don't know. Is it $25, $35, $50 or $100? And that doesn't mean I would expect to receive that much if I became serious about selling.

Really though, dollar a piece? Maybe I should spot you the 6 out and I'll race to seven while you go to three.

Wait, I think I have some old snaps. They are worth money?

George Fels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Value

As a fundamental of marketing, TopCat, NOTHING has any value until you have a buyer for it. The value of back copies of IP, or any magazine for that matter, varies directly with how many people are looking for them. I doubt the demand for old IP issues is very strong; a few bucks per issue may very well be the best you can hope for. GF

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
Check out billiardcue.com , publications to see The Snap.

if pricing there were even close to reality, i would be rich.

no offense, dick abbott, but i've always wondered if you ever sold anything from your site and how you determined your prices.

topcat1953

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There must be a system or equation for memorabilia. Is it truly what you can get is what it is worth? How could I explain that to the Insurance company? LOL.

I have those moments when I walk by that old bookshelf and see the hundreds of different Billiard magazines I have and wonder, "Is there any value here?" Of course, we all know that the value is most likely in the beholder. And I am beholding all these Mags! I really don't won't to sell a thing. But, if I want to get an idea how much my Scruggs is worth, that process is fairly accessible. It is just like an autographed poster of Steve Mizerak that I matted and framed. What would be a fair market value? To me, the value is behind how and where and when I got it. I don't know. Would it be $200 or $1000? If it was Ryan Howard or LeBron James, that would be easy to find.

Of course, any magazine with an imaginable and well written section known as "Tips and Shafts" has to be priceless.

Thanks for the feedback.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
You should just feel lucky that you had a subscription to Inside Pool & actually received your magazine.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I had stored about 10 years of Billiard News. Got tired of them taking up space. About 2 years ago I threw them into the paper drive bin. To me that is all anything "collectible" is worth.

If you can get $1 per issue plus shipping take it. Anything is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay no matter what all of the experts tell you.

obrien714

Pool Video Addict
Silver Member
Good luck

I tried to sell my magazines and had no offers. i bundled them up and sent them to Deadpoked when he was in Iraq. They were well appreciated.

PAt

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Hard to judge magazines..

for instance.. The pool and billiard magazine for October 1988 might get you 25.00 or 50.00 why? Article on Gus Szamboti and his passing. The following month wouldn't get you the price of toilet paper.

It really depended on the content.. 2001 isn't that old.. I have some AAP's the precursor to IP and the few I have are important to ME because my uncle is in them. To someone else I don't think they would be worth a buck.

JV

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a fundamental of marketing, TopCat, NOTHING has any value until you have a buyer for it. The value of back copies of IP, or any magazine for that matter, varies directly with how many people are looking for them. I doubt the demand for old IP issues is very strong; a few bucks per issue may very well be the best you can hope for. GF

Having been in the collectibles market for years, I have to agree with George. And, the value of most everything is down, due to the economy. I have an almost complete run of Billiards Digest, including the first issue, in very fine condition, signed by Jim Rempe. I wouldn't even bother trying to sell it, too small a market. And I only lack some recent issues.
Sorry, I wish you luck.