Table v. Carpet

junkbond

The dog ate my stroke.
Silver Member
Has anyone ever managed to put new carpet in a room without removing the pool table from the room?
(Yeah, I could put this in "Ask a Mechanic" but they would just laugh at me.)

windward

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Carpet

I have finished three basements. All three had the table in place when I started. Two were carpet and one was ceramic with carpet inlaid around the table. Not much of a problem with a competent installer. None of the tables were moved.

junkbond

The dog ate my stroke.
Silver Member
The stretcher is one of my questions, as is getting the carpet under the table.
How did you manage that, windward?

Thanks.

windward

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Carpet

Sorry for the late reply. My table legs did not have the large Brunswick plate style feet. So it was easy to hide the seam under the cabinet legs. Also all of mine were glued down on concrete. Stretching did not seem to be an issue. I guess a lot would depend on the type of carpet and the mood of the installer.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I hear those wheeled coasters they put under big trash cans work great. Throw one under each leg and the whole table can roll away. Or you might be able to have some big dudes lift the thing two legs at a time.

theopiateden

Basement Banger
I hear those wheeled coasters they put under big trash cans work great. Throw one under each leg and the whole table can roll away. Or you might be able to have some big dudes lift the thing two legs at a time.

Couldnt lifting it that way put stress on the slate seams and possibly cause them to crack? Seems to me it would all be up to the installer and how he feels.