404 Finals #2, who is going to win?

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A couple of days left, who has been playing well? Who is going to win? Who goes in the first blind bid? How much?

Who has been playing well? Erik seems to be playing well lately, Ryan also seemed to be doing pretty well in the match I watched of his.
Who is going to win? I think..... hmm. Someone is coming second..... to me. ha! I think it will be Marios week.
Who goes in the first blind bid? Erik
How much? $280

The Beginner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A couple of days left, who has been playing well? Who is going to win? Who goes in the first blind bid? How much?

Who has been playing well? Erik seems to be playing well lately, Ryan also seemed to be doing pretty well in the match I watched of his.
Who is going to win? I think..... hmm. Someone is coming second..... to me. ha! I think it will be Marios week.
Who goes in the first blind bid? Erik
How much? $280

I would still go with a lower handicap...I think Ryan has a chance to win....or Dean again...

lee brett

www.leebrettpool.com
Silver Member
I would still go with a lower handicap...I think Ryan has a chance to win....or Dean again...

there are some dodgy handicaps, ryan mazzotta 6 bull shit, jeet off 6, tom liordis off 6 to name a few, dean off 7 playing very well and even john timmermans off 8 spring to mind

The Beginner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there are some dodgy handicaps, ryan mazzotta 6 bull shit, jeet off 6, tom liordis off 6 to name a few, dean off 7 playing very well and even john timmermans off 8 spring to mind

that's why i don't understand how the handicap works? lol

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It is what it is. Plain and simple.

lee brett

www.leebrettpool.com
Silver Member
It is what it is. Plain and simple.

ryan has come 3rd and 4th in 2 of the last 4 or 5 events, so how can you still be a 6, jeet has got through on the winners side and not turned up and done well last time top 6 and is still a 6, dean went up to 7 but still won cos he is playing well, and if he was an 8 he would play harder he wants to improve but as for people not saying anythin that there handicap is too low are cheating themselves as well as others...

should be a handicap committee

The Beginner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ryan has come 3rd and 4th in 2 of the last 4 or 5 events, so how can you still be a 6, jeet has got through on the winners side and not turned up and done well last time top 6 and is still a 6, dean went up to 7 but still won cos he is playing well, and if he was an 8 he would play harder he wants to improve but as for people not saying anythin that there handicap is too low are cheating themselves as well as others...

What's your handicap Lee at 404?

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

There are just as many OVER handicapped players as there are UNDER handicapped players.

It is what it is. You show up and play no matter what, its a waste of breath to complain about handicap. Jeet played John Timmerman and was up 4-0 at one point and John came back to win the match.

The room owners set the handicaps and they are very hesitant to change them but will let new players come in and basically set their own handicaps. Figure that one out!

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's your handicap Lee at 404?

Lee plays as a 7 in the 404. He was in the money in the other finals and lost to Ryan M on the Sunday.

Everyone is entitled to have a good match now and then. It would be a real problem if people had their handicaps changed mid tournament like some other assclown used to do. (yes you, retard)

lee brett

www.leebrettpool.com
Silver Member
Lee plays as a 7 in the 404. He was in the money in the other finals and lost to Ryan M on the Sunday.

Everyone is entitled to have a good match now and then. It would be a real problem if people had their handicaps changed mid tournament like some other assclown used to do. (yes you, retard)

dan they wanted to put me in at pro level straight away, but i have never played pool until about 6-8 weeks ago, and dont have a cue yet to use with and practice so they took that into account, but people still saying im a 9 at least, but takes time to adjust from snooker to pool

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dan they wanted to put me in at pro level straight away, but i have never played pool until about 6-8 weeks ago, and dont have a cue yet to use with and practice so they took that into account, but people still saying im a 9 at least, but takes time to adjust from snooker to pool

You can up your own handicap at any time, just walk up and say "Im a 9 now" and Im 100% sure they'll switch it.

If they thought you were a 9, they wouldnt have let you play as a 7.

srs314

shooterville.com
that's why i don't understand how the handicap works? lol

Most people don't understand it either.

The goal is to try to make every match a coin flip so players of all levels have an equal opportunity of winning.

For every Ryan, Dean, Jeets there are you will see about 15 players in the field that should be lower than their handicap but have too much pride to ask for it changed.

Further to that if all the mentioned players were bumped up we would then find another 5 to complain about.

Handicapping is very difficult and no one will ever come up with a perfect system. This tour does have a committee which has no interest in who wins or loses besides trying to give everyone an equal opportunity. John, Ken and Butch work together on handicapping the tour.

This tour is drawing an average of 50 players so I don't see where it is failing it's goal. As room owners the goal would be to make more players come out to their room for the events and not to give the higher handicaps prize money at the expense of the majority of the field.

When I see handicaps from 6's to 11's taking turns winning I think they have done a great thing.

Just my two cents,

Last edited:

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most people don't understand it either.

The goal is to try to make every match a coin flip so players of all levels have an equal opportunity of winning.

For every Ryan, Dean, Jeets there are you will see about 15 players in the field that should be lower than their handicap but have too much pride to ask for it changed.

Further to that if all the mentioned players were bumped up we would then find another 5 to complain about.

Handicapping is very difficult and no one will ever come up with a perfect system. This tour does have a committee which has no interest in who wins or loses besides trying to give everyone an equal opportunity. John, Ken and Butch work together on handicapping the tour.

This tour is drawing an average of 50 players so I don't see where it is failing it's goal. As room owners the goal would be to make more players come out to their room for the events and not to give the higher handicaps prize money at the expense of the majority of the field.

When I see handicaps from 6's to 11's taking turns winning I think they have done a great thing.

Just my two cents,

Excellent post Scott.

Mark my words, I am going to play like a donkey this weekend!

JD_Hogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

your ranked as a 7 and your complaining about other peoples handicaps....lol

Thats the problem with handicap'd tourney's......some people will complain even when they have the nutz's

The Beginner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you are a pro in snooker you should consider as a pro in 9 ball or 10 ball or 8 ball...you had hundrends of century mark in snooker. I think that's a pro no matter what kind of games of pool you are playing. Cues will not change your game you can use 1 or 2 piece of snooker cue playing 9 ball and it will not change your game. I've seen snooker player playing their own cue for snooker playing 9 ball.

lee brett

www.leebrettpool.com
Silver Member
your ranked as a 7 and your complaining about other peoples handicaps....lol

Thats the problem with handicap'd tourney's......some people will complain even when they have the nutz's

jd im not complaining about my handicap at all, was pointing out an issue raised by other players at last 404 final, im not interested in the handicaps leave the people running it to do that as they seem to give you abuse when u say anything, if im a 7 then let them leave me off that i will just win and make them put me up rather be playing off a 9,10 or 11 to make me learn pool more and play to my ability, and have to learn to win off that mark.

dan you should be winning off 4, just go practice and you shouldnt lose off 4

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jd im not complaining about my handicap at all, was pointing out an issue raised by other players at last 404 final, im not interested in the handicaps leave the people running it to do that as they seem to give you abuse when u say anything, if im a 7 then let them leave me off that i will just win and make them put me up rather be playing off a 9,10 or 11 to make me learn pool more and play to my ability, and have to learn to win off that mark.

dan you should be winning off 4, just go practice and you shouldnt lose off 4

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I have been practicing, some days I play well, some days like a donkey.