Black Boar tip replacement

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay guys..

I have a Black Boar cue as my primary playing cue. Love it, hits fantastic. Hears my dilema.

I need to replace the tip on it and want to keep it like it came from Tony originally.

On Black Boar's website they talk about the critical importance of the right tip. But don't tell you what type.

I have sent numerous email's to them with no reply.

The big question....

Does anybody know what Tony uses on tips

Or does anybody have experience with Black Boar replacements

Sysko1

All Hustle!!
Silver Member
I believe he uses Triangle tips that he hands selects. The picture on the website shows the Green Box that Triangle tips com in. Hope this helps. :D

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
I believe he uses Triangle tips that he hands selects. The picture on the website shows the Green Box that Triangle tips com in. Hope this helps. :D

You're probably right, a lot of cue makers use Triangle tips as there standard tip unless their customer specifies a certain tip they want on their new cue.

James

Last edited:

Jason Koopman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay guys..

I have a Black Boar cue as my primary playing cue. Love it, hits fantastic. Hears my dilema.

I need to replace the tip on it and want to keep it like it came from Tony originally.

On Black Boar's website they talk about the critical importance of the right tip. But don't tell you what type.

I have sent numerous email's to them with no reply.

The big question....

Does anybody know what Tony uses on tips

Or does anybody have experience with Black Boar replacements
The last I knew he does use Triangles that he hand selects. As you mentioned, he does speak of others not being able to experience the quality of the hit they once had with the original. I would simply try calling him and ask him to send you a few that meets his criteria.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Triangle medium, he uses 15mm and cuts them down to fit, the cue is designed for that tip, 100%. call Tony and ask.

nice avitar, looks like I been robbed:eek::) I love Tads