Funny Bob Ogburn, Varner Theft.

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This story was told by a friend of mine, and I just remembered it. Classic.

Sometime, quite a while back in Greensboro, a lot of the top names were hanging around this one poolroom matching up. Evidently, some guy inherited a chunk and everyone was trying to get a piece of it. I was told there was thousands in the room on a daily basis. So, anyway, on a Saturday night, all of the guys were BS'ing and barking. In walks two guys with shotguns and masks. They scream out, "Drop pants, underwear, shirts. Everything on the floor, now!" Well, the whole place gets naked and the guys put all the wallets, watches, etc. in a bag and run out.

Well, Bob is laughing. Right after they ran out, he just busts out laughing.
"What's your problem? What's so fu#$ing funny. We just lost everything."

Bob, "Hey, I never realized how little my di#$ was."

Classic. Thanks, Tim.

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I thought I was gonna laugh out loud when he told me this one. I can just picture Bob saying that.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This story was told by a friend of mine, and I just remembered it. Classic.

Sometime, quite a while back in Greensboro, a lot of the top names were hanging around this one poolroom matching up. Evidently, some guy inherited a chunk and everyone was trying to get a piece of it. I was told there was thousands in the room on a daily basis. So, anyway, on a Saturday night, all of the guys were BS'ing and barking. In walks two guys with shotguns and masks. They scream out, "Drop pants, underwear, shirts. Everything on the floor, now!" Well, the whole place gets naked and the guys put all the wallets, watches, etc. in a bag and run out.

Well, Bob is laughing. Right after they ran out, he just busts out laughing.
"What's your problem? What's so fu#$ing funny. We just lost everything."

Bob, "Hey, I never realized how little my di#$ was."

Classic. Thanks, Tim.

I heard that story where Bob was to play a guy in a set up match. They arrived with a pretty good amount of cash to play the match. They had no sooner got started when the place got stuck up. It was assumed later the Bob had been set up to be robbed.
As far as the dic& comment, I don't know about that but Bob lost like $10,000 so I don't think he was in such a jovial mood. I also heard a similar story about Fats except the comment about fats dic& was the opposite. Gean Skinner told me the story and said Fats was like a horse, no wonder he always had all those women hanging around.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tony Watson and Jimmy Reid are the Mick Jaggers of the pool world. Please don't ask me how I know. :smile: