Storing cues..

ramw5p

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, so i have read several post on this and have gotten a jist of what people think is ideal. However, i am wanting to build an inwall display case, probably 15 cues and shafts. I know from reading that upright is not the best way to store cues, however they dont display very well on their side :)

So..how bad is it really to store cues upright...not leaning, just straight up and down?

Is there a major problem storing/displaying the cues ina basement? My basement is dry, but stays on the cold side..cool in summer colder in winter. It is heated so when i say cold i dont mean that really cold.

Thanks for any advice.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Thre was a guy on the forum who was making such a display case, hopefully one of the member who has one will post photo for you.

ramw5p

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I already have it made

It is already finished, just wondering what the overall effects of storing cues upright, and being in a dry yet cold basement might be.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is already finished, just wondering what the overall effects of storing cues upright, and being in a dry yet cold basement might be.

i think as long as what ever's holding them upright is holding them by the forearm and not the shaft you should be ok.

you might want to invest in a dehumidifier just incase

Manoman2444

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I personally don't think you will have any problems as long as it is not too hot or too cold. Mine stays about 60 some degrees and is dry like yours. I haven't had any problems with my cues. Haven't had any problems with them being upright (straight) either.