break thru's....even at 43!

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, as some of you know or have seen I had a somewhat sidearm style from learning the game at the age of 7 and being real short!.....not unlike the great Quake!

these last few months I decided to break things down to get ready for next "season" I wanted to get rid of the "off" angle from my elbow down to my wrist. this last week it all clicked and I finally got the feeling not only that it is working, but now I know WHY it is working, not just a quick fix.

Bragging aside....This last week, I beat the 10 ball ghost going to 9.....3 times, I have been practicing full rack rotation.

I ran 70+ 4 times....no, no 100's....but it's cool,

and for the first time in my life, I can just play the game with no "cheating or adjustment" knowing exactly where the CB is going and I know I'm gonna make the ball with no question.

What I'm trying to say is if anyone out there is struggling with their game.....keep going, or get some help from a good coach. I should have years ago, but it's OK, I'm a real hard headed dude, but to have a break thru like this after a lifetime in the game makes me understand what the Pros know or see when they are playing......its just real satisfying.

G.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good for you !
I had a break thru many years ago. I started playing a lot of pool (on the cheap)with a real good NJ player named Netune Joe Frady. I played straight pool and 9 ball with him and studied instead of just watching and because i had known him since he was 12 years old i would ask a lot of questions of which he always answered.I know the time i spent with him moved me up one full level.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good for you !
I had a break thru many years ago. I started playing a lot of pool (on the cheap)with a real good NJ player named Netune Joe Frady. I played straight pool and 9 ball with him and studied instead of just watching and because i had known him since he was 12 years old i would ask a lot of questions of which he always answered.I know the time i spent with him moved me up one full level.

Like I have said in other posts...Neptune Joey is a killer! and I have lost to him more then once!

at the last Expo in Valley Forge we were having "lunch" with Allen and he was telling stories about local players.....nothing but good things about Neptune....not to mention....Jimmy Matz, Florida Bob, and all the other basically unknowns from our area...

great post!

G.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I think unlearning bad habits and being willing to go back a bit before going forward is one of the hardest things for a pool player to do.

One way of looking at it is... we all have bad habits, so it's kind of nice knowing that option is always available to us. If you work hard and finally get rid of all those bad habits... BOOM! You wake up one day with no hair and your name is Ralf Souquet.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
So, as some of you know or have seen I had a somewhat sidearm style from learning the game at the age of 7 and being real short!.....not unlike the great Quake!

these last few months I decided to break things down to get ready for next "season" I wanted to get rid of the "off" angle from my elbow down to my wrist. this last week it all clicked and I finally got the feeling not only that it is working, but now I know WHY it is working, not just a quick fix.

Bragging aside....This last week, I beat the 10 ball ghost going to 9.....3 times, I have been practicing full rack rotation.

I ran 70+ 4 times....no, no 100's....but it's cool,

and for the first time in my life, I can just play the game with no "cheating or adjustment" knowing exactly where the CB is going and I know I'm gonna make the ball with no question.

What I'm trying to say is if anyone out there is struggling with their game.....keep going, or get some help from a good coach. I should have years ago, but it's OK, I'm a real hard headed dude, but to have a break thru like this after a lifetime in the game makes me understand what the Pros know or see when they are playing......its just real satisfying.

G.

Nice post Jerry. I love to read these kind of posts. Johnnyt