Reload this Page Smoking in Private Clubs
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Smoking in Private Clubs
Old
  (#1)
Cue-Z
Billiard FingerSlides®
Cue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeCue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeCue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeCue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeCue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeCue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeCue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeCue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeCue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeCue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeCue-Z has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4800

Question Smoking in Private Clubs - 06-23-2009, 09:35 AM

This is a question for everyone in a pool league.

What do you do if your a non-smoker and your weekly match is at a Private Club that allows smoking?

The problem I have with this one Smoking Club is that the ceilings are very low (under 6') and the room is very small. With 50 to 100 smokers all smoking makes it unbearable!

I normally can handle any other Private Club that allows smoking, but for a week after playing one night at the "low ceiling" Club I'm hacking, coughing and feel like I have the flu.

I respect the rights of others to smoke here. I just need some suggestions on how to survive the night and the week following. I swear, the smoke is as thick as pea soup. Any suggestions.......help!!!

FingerSlides® US PATENT 8,539,614
Sponsor to the:
Mike Zuglan's
Joss Northeast 9-Ball Tour
joss9balltour.com
(518) 356-7163

Cue-Z Products are Proudly Made in the U.S.A.
fingerslides@hotmail.com

Remember this:The Ark was built by an Amateur; the Titanic by Pros!!

Old
  (#2)
OneArmed
the agony of billiards...
OneArmed has a reputation beyond reputeOneArmed has a reputation beyond reputeOneArmed has a reputation beyond reputeOneArmed has a reputation beyond reputeOneArmed has a reputation beyond reputeOneArmed has a reputation beyond reputeOneArmed has a reputation beyond reputeOneArmed has a reputation beyond reputeOneArmed has a reputation beyond reputeOneArmed has a reputation beyond reputeOneArmed has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 700
  Send a message via Skype™ to OneArmed 
06-23-2009, 09:37 AM

trade places and move here, where it is illegal to smoke inside (and pool rooms are closing)

maybe bring a portable fan with? or go outside for breaks?

Matt Lind
Minneapolis Billiard Club
1101 Northeast Stinson Blvd
Minneapolis, MN 55418
+1 (612) 367-6584
Mpls Billiard Club YouTube Channel
MBC Facebook Page

Old
  (#3)
GMAC
Flip it.
GMAC has a reputation beyond reputeGMAC has a reputation beyond reputeGMAC has a reputation beyond reputeGMAC has a reputation beyond reputeGMAC has a reputation beyond reputeGMAC has a reputation beyond reputeGMAC has a reputation beyond reputeGMAC has a reputation beyond reputeGMAC has a reputation beyond reputeGMAC has a reputation beyond reputeGMAC has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3600

06-23-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hllwnmagic View Post
This is a question for everyone in a pool league.

What do you do if your a non-smoker and your weekly match is at a Private Club that allows smoking?

The problem I have with this one Smoking Club is that the ceilings are very low (under 6') and the room is very small. With 50 to 100 smokers all smoking makes it unbearable!

I normally can handle any other Private Club that allows smoking, but for a week after playing one night at the "low ceiling" Club I'm hacking, coughing and feel like I have the flu.

I respect the rights of others to smoke here. I just need some suggestions on how to survive the night and the week following. I swear, the smoke is as thick as pea soup. Any suggestions.......help!!!

I would have to find a different place to play. How could you play in a place with ceilings lower than 6 feet. Is this place located on the set of little people big world.

There has to be a better place to play.

If you must play, decide upon three things at the start: the rules of the game, the stakes, and the quitting time. ~Chinese Proverb

Old
  (#4)
gunzby
My light saber is LD
gunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond reputegunzby has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 17375

06-23-2009, 09:44 AM

If it's really that bad I just wouldn't play there.

Yes my custom cue also doubles as a light saber. You might say that it shoots lights out. You are now activated Agent 92395. Obtain the funds from Goldman Sachs and deposit into my Swiss account. This message will make you shit your pants in 5 seconds. Sev found it first.

Old
  (#5)
Cue-Z
Billiard FingerSlides®
Cue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeCue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeCue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeCue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeCue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeCue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeCue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeCue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeCue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeCue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeCue-Z has a reputation beyond repute

06-23-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
I would have to find a different place to play. How could you play in a place with ceilings lower than 6 feet. Is this place located on the set of little people big world.

There has to be a better place to play.
I'm on an APA League Team and we are scheduled to play at this Private Club twice during a 16 week session.

Sponsor to the:
Mike Zuglan's
joss9balltour.com
(518) 356-7163

fingerslides@hotmail.com

Old
  (#6)
Ponytail
...it's about consistency
Ponytail has a reputation beyond reputePonytail has a reputation beyond reputePonytail has a reputation beyond reputePonytail has a reputation beyond reputePonytail has a reputation beyond reputePonytail has a reputation beyond reputePonytail has a reputation beyond reputePonytail has a reputation beyond reputePonytail has a reputation beyond reputePonytail has a reputation beyond reputePonytail has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-23-2009, 09:52 AM

Ceilings under 6 feet? Wow. I'm 5'10" and I'd be afraid of hitting my head.

Not to mention, jacking up a cue for any reason.

/just sayin....

Peace...

Old
  (#7)
the420trooper
Free T-Rex
the420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond reputethe420trooper has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

06-23-2009, 09:57 AM

Tell them to open the door, and prop it open...

That said, as a 6 foot 1 inch (smoker) man, I might also have trouble playing there, because if I inadvertently jump up off my shot, I might seriously hurt myself...

Old
  (#8)
ronhudson
AzB Silver Member
ronhudson has a reputation beyond reputeronhudson has a reputation beyond reputeronhudson has a reputation beyond reputeronhudson has a reputation beyond reputeronhudson has a reputation beyond reputeronhudson has a reputation beyond reputeronhudson has a reputation beyond reputeronhudson has a reputation beyond reputeronhudson has a reputation beyond reputeronhudson has a reputation beyond reputeronhudson has a reputation beyond repute

06-23-2009, 10:04 AM

Just hope this guy doesn't show up.
Attached Images

It’s good to be clever, but not to show it.

Old
  (#9)
Big Perm
1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Big Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 625

06-23-2009, 10:11 AM

Wear one of those surgical/swine flu masks.....should help.....maybe???

That, or you can just let your team know that you plan to sit out those two weeks....if you feel it's really a big deal, you might just donate those matches and complain to your LO about playing conditions....you have options...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson View Post
Welcome Teach....to the class that is always open 24/7 where one is free to suggest subjects for class discussion or to merely browse through the multitude of pages for your reading enjoyment...
AC Tru-Balance Conversion w/ OB Shafts
Cuephoric Dufferin Conversion w/ Owens Shaft
The original CHALK NINJA

Old
  (#10)
Cue-Z
Billiard FingerSlides®

06-23-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the420trooper View Post
Tell them to open the door, and prop it open...

That said, as a 6 foot 1 inch (smoker) man, I might also have trouble playing there, because if I inadvertently jump up off my shot, I might seriously hurt myself...
Mentioned they should open a door or window. Their reply, "Last time we did that, we were fined $500!"....

Sponsor to the:
Mike Zuglan's
joss9balltour.com
(518) 356-7163

fingerslides@hotmail.com

Old
  (#11)
Cue-Z
Billiard FingerSlides®

06-23-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Perm View Post
Wear one of those surgical/swine flu masks.....should help.....maybe???

That, or you can just let your team know that you plan to sit out those two weeks....if you feel it's really a big deal, you might just donate those matches and complain to your LO about playing conditions....you have options...
Thanks...I just might donate them. I'm the Captain of the team and it's hard for me to sit out two weeks.

Sponsor to the:
Mike Zuglan's
joss9balltour.com
(518) 356-7163

fingerslides@hotmail.com

Old
  (#12)
Drew
Got a little dog in you?
Drew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 650

06-23-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hllwnmagic View Post
Mentioned they should open a door or window. Their reply, "Last time we did that, we were fined $500!"....
Now THAT is some funny shit!!!

Old
  (#13)
chin0
"Chino Miss-A-Lot"
chin0 has a reputation beyond reputechin0 has a reputation beyond reputechin0 has a reputation beyond reputechin0 has a reputation beyond reputechin0 has a reputation beyond reputechin0 has a reputation beyond reputechin0 has a reputation beyond reputechin0 has a reputation beyond reputechin0 has a reputation beyond reputechin0 has a reputation beyond reputechin0 has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to chin0  
06-23-2009, 10:52 AM

look at my avatar and see what I'm doing?

Chin0

Learning how to DJ, fast cars and shooting pool. I need to get my life together....

(Main shooter): Craig (Manwon) 60 inch Tulipwood SneakiestPete Conversion 17oz w/OB2
J/B: Kaiser Panther J/B 20oz.

Old
  (#14)
KillerCane
Giggidy
KillerCane has a reputation beyond reputeKillerCane has a reputation beyond reputeKillerCane has a reputation beyond reputeKillerCane has a reputation beyond reputeKillerCane has a reputation beyond reputeKillerCane has a reputation beyond reputeKillerCane has a reputation beyond reputeKillerCane has a reputation beyond reputeKillerCane has a reputation beyond reputeKillerCane has a reputation beyond reputeKillerCane has a reputation beyond repute

06-23-2009, 10:58 AM

6' huh? i wouldnt even be able to get in that place. just make sure you have enough players and sit out.

That sir, is a very high quality graphite playing cue which tells me that you obviously know what your doing. I recommend giving me 10-6 and the breaks.

cb hatoraid. the preferred drink of cb - hkwong

Old
  (#15)
MitchAlsup
AzB Silver Member
MitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond reputeMitchAlsup has a reputation beyond repute

06-23-2009, 12:55 PM

a) don't go to that club

b) eat plenty (and I mean plenty) of refried beans at least 4 hours before your play time.

c) carry 15 fire extinguishers with you and use then at will

d) bring chewing tobacco and start spitting on the floor

e) better yet, just don't go.

F) resign and let them know why.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: