Reload this Page Galvaston World Classic inks video deal
Page 1 of 7 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Galvaston World Classic inks video deal
Old
  (#1)
Tom In Cincy
AKA SactownTom
Tom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1140

Galvaston World Classic inks video deal - 06-24-2009, 03:05 PM

See press release here

http://www.theworldclassic.com/tourn...ideo-deal.html

It says it will be streamed FREE from the website

"In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves." From Jennifer

Just remember all posts are, of course... In My Humble Opinion
Age= Been Playing since I was 17... 53 years ago
Cue = Pete Ohmen (Melbourne, FL) www.omencues.com
Hours of Play per week = 8+

Great News
Old
  (#2)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

Great News - 06-24-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom In Cincy View Post
See press release here

http://www.theworldclassic.com/tourn...ideo-deal.html

It says it will be streamed FREE from the website
I had heard rumors but I couldn't bring them to the table of course. Great to get some real poop on the video.

Thanks!

Hu

Old
  (#3)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

06-24-2009, 03:15 PM

Funny how nobody has ever heard of 'Hot Ticket Entertainment, LLC', but their exclusive domain is producing pool and billiard events. IMO, just another slam at entities like TAR, that already exist, already have a track record, and already have an audience. These guys are gonna produce their event, their way (with no communication with, nor advice from, experts who have done this before), using their people...and experience be damned! Well, good luck fellas!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#4)
hangemhigh
Known Sinner
hangemhigh has a reputation beyond reputehangemhigh has a reputation beyond reputehangemhigh has a reputation beyond reputehangemhigh has a reputation beyond reputehangemhigh has a reputation beyond reputehangemhigh has a reputation beyond reputehangemhigh has a reputation beyond reputehangemhigh has a reputation beyond reputehangemhigh has a reputation beyond reputehangemhigh has a reputation beyond reputehangemhigh has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 17500

06-24-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lee View Post
Funny how nobody has ever heard of 'Hot Ticket Entertainment, LLC', but their exclusive domain is producing pool and billiard events. IMO, just another slam at entities like TAR, that already exist, already have a track record, and already have an audience. These guys are gonna produce their event, their way (with no communication with, nor advice from, experts who have done this before), using their people...and experience be damned! Well, good luck fellas!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
It is their event, and obviously they plan to sink or swim on their own. More power to them.

HOME SWEET HOME..need a dose of my hardtail poontang sweetheart

Old
  (#5)
Cuephoric
1hole anyone?
Cuephoric has a reputation beyond reputeCuephoric has a reputation beyond reputeCuephoric has a reputation beyond reputeCuephoric has a reputation beyond reputeCuephoric has a reputation beyond reputeCuephoric has a reputation beyond reputeCuephoric has a reputation beyond reputeCuephoric has a reputation beyond reputeCuephoric has a reputation beyond reputeCuephoric has a reputation beyond reputeCuephoric has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-24-2009, 03:42 PM

Obviously they aren't AZers,or they'd know the power of TAR and their followers....
Sink or swim, at least they are committing themselves fully in their independence-

"I bet you are some guy that cant play a #%$&* radio!!" - Donny Mills

"If you need weight, you don't need action, you need practice!"-Cuephoric

Great and beautiful cues may come and go, but ugly ones will keep showing up in your closet years after you thought they were gone........

Playing cues- STEVE KLEIN, Bobby Hunter, James White Conversion, Abear
Case- Murnak, Predator,instroke

Follow me to make money and support our sports!
http://www.competebank.com/login.php?refer=131

Old
  (#6)
Johnnyt
Burn all jump cues
Johnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 169290

06-24-2009, 03:59 PM

If the money for ALL the purses is in escrow why is eveybody slamming them. Their putting up a fortune for this event and if they don't want anyones help, so be it. With the lack of info about the event they could already have a top notch tournament director and others from the pool tournament indusry. Johnnyt

Never Give Up

Old
  (#7)
Tom In Cincy
AKA SactownTom
Tom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1140

06-24-2009, 04:07 PM

The 'top notch' TD has been chosen.

Ken Shuman is the current TD for the US Open 9 ball event
Ken Shuman is the current TD for the Derby City Classic
Ken Shuman is the current National Tournament Referee and Director for the BCAPool Leagues and Head Ref trainer.

Ken and his chosen staff are very reputable and experienced players and directors/referees.

The rest of the crew for the tournament are the promoters. They are the one with the facts to provide when they feel it is necessary.

Oh, BTW, there are VIP tickets for the entire event on sale for $125. These also include the TV table seating area. See the website for purchasing these tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyt View Post
If the money for ALL the purses is in escrow why is eveybody slamming them. Their putting up a fortune for this event and if they don't want anyones help, so be it. With the lack of info about the event they could already have a top notch tournament director and others from the pool tournament indusry. Johnnyt

"In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves." From Jennifer

Just remember all posts are, of course... In My Humble Opinion
Age= Been Playing since I was 17... 53 years ago
Cue = Pete Ohmen (Melbourne, FL) www.omencues.com
Hours of Play per week = 8+

Old
  (#8)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

06-24-2009, 04:54 PM

Johnnyt...That's the problem, as I see it. Nothing has been put in escrow. Escrow means it is in a bank account, and can be verified by independent people (ie. the players, or a players' representative). The promoters have SAID they are guaranteeing 1st place prize money for each event (that doesn't mean it's in escrow somewhere). That says nothing about the payout for the rest of the paid field...which apparently the promoters don't feel like they need to provide details for. There are certainly precedents already for promoters who said the money was guaranteed, but when push came to shove, it wasn't. I'm not trying to badmouth this event...I'd love to see it come off, as it is proposed. That said, however, I'm still from Missouri (like several others here)...prove it! I have no doubt that the event will happen. Whether it flops or not remains to be seen. They have retained quality people to direct the tournament, and posted a deposit with Diamond...which is good. Best of luck to all the players, professional and amateur, who show up and play!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Quote:

PBIA Master Instructor

Last edited by Scott Lee; 06-24-2009 at 04:57 PM.

Old
  (#9)
"T"
Son of Da Poet
"T" has a reputation beyond repute"T" has a reputation beyond repute"T" has a reputation beyond repute"T" has a reputation beyond repute"T" has a reputation beyond repute"T" has a reputation beyond repute"T" has a reputation beyond repute"T" has a reputation beyond repute"T" has a reputation beyond repute"T" has a reputation beyond repute"T" has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2009, 05:37 PM

Before we jump to conclusions about TAR, perhaps we should consider that the press release did not have the words "exclusive broadcast".

In fact, didn't see the word "exclusive" anywhere.

Old
  (#10)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

06-24-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
This is the kind of negativity that I have come to deplore.

You don't know anything about Hot Ticket Entertainment, LLC and you make all kinds of negative insinuations about them and the promoters and you have it all wrong.

Hot Ticket Entertainment, LLC is simply a new name of an EXPERIENCED AND HIGHLY COMPETENT TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS who have done an EXCELLENT JOB at providing high quality production for billiard events.

JoeyA

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

Old
  (#11)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

06-24-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Johnnyt...That's the problem, as I see it. Nothing has been put in escrow. Escrow means it is in a bank account, and can be verified by independent people (ie. the players, or a players' representative). The promoters have SAID they are guaranteeing 1st place prize money for each event (that doesn't mean it's in escrow somewhere). That says nothing about the payout for the rest of the paid field...which apparently the promoters don't feel like they need to provide details for. There are certainly precedents already for promoters who said the money was guaranteed, but when push came to shove, it wasn't. I'm not trying to badmouth this event...I'd love to see it come off, as it is proposed. That said, however, I'm still from Missouri (like several others here)...prove it! I have no doubt that the event will happen. Whether it flops or not remains to be seen. They have retained quality people to direct the tournament, and posted a deposit with Diamond...which is good. Best of luck to all the players, professional and amateur, who show up and play!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
The only problem I see is people like you taking pot shots at every opportunity to knock this tournament, the promoters and even the players.

Sure, you're not trying to badmouth this event.......SURE

You make your own definitions about what an escrow is and what the promoters have done and haven't done.

Your snide remarks of wishing luck to the players and your entire post reeks of pessimism and sarcasm and I am frankly shocked by your comments and the manner in which you continue to project them.

SURE! You're not trying to badmouth this event.

JoeyA

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

Old
  (#12)
TX Poolnut
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
TX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
Why is it another slam at entities like TAR? How do you know who they have and/or haven't advised? Do you have the inside track and are just holding out on us? What gives Scott?

Old
  (#13)
TX Poolnut
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
TX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
The highlighted part

Old
  (#14)
Johnnyt
Burn all jump cues
Johnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyt has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 169290

06-24-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
Oh, I thought all funds were in escrow already. That's different then. Johnnyt

Never Give Up

Working from memory
Old
  (#15)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

Working from memory - 06-24-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Oh, I thought all funds were in escrow already. That's different then. Johnnyt
Johnny,

I am working from memory but I thought we were guaranteed that first place monies would be put in escrow. No way for all of the other monies to be put in escrow as I think they are coming from entry fees up until the last minute.

As of yet I haven't seen any confirmation of any monies in escrow or any indication of on what date they plan to do that. First place in escrow won't mean too much if they have already collected enough entry fees for the entire payout to cover first place monies before putting "first place monies" in escrow.

I'm very specifically not saying there is a problem here other than the promoters usual problem of inadequate communications. The particulars of the fund guarantee was another question to be asked in the chat that didn't take place.

I think things are golden for a great one time event. I am hoping for a lot more from these people and I have to admit I am not nearly as confident of that. I think we should get ready to have a good time in Galveston and see what happens afterwards. One thing for sure, we will know a hell of a lot more after this first event!

Hu

Page 1 of 7 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: