Banking with the Beard
Old
  (#1)
greenlight
Go
greenlight has a reputation beyond reputegreenlight has a reputation beyond reputegreenlight has a reputation beyond reputegreenlight has a reputation beyond reputegreenlight has a reputation beyond reputegreenlight has a reputation beyond reputegreenlight has a reputation beyond reputegreenlight has a reputation beyond reputegreenlight has a reputation beyond reputegreenlight has a reputation beyond reputegreenlight has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 450

Banking with the Beard - 01-22-2010, 04:18 PM

Recently got this book and love it. I bank with a lot more confidence now that i understand how spin, speed, cloth, temp, humidity, ect..... affects banking. There is so much good info in this book, not to mention some good stories too, i dont see how it can not improve anyone's game. Thanks Mr. The Beard. Banking on!

Old
  (#2)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

01-22-2010, 06:39 PM

I own both of Freddies DVD, Great Stuff.

Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#3)
Cdryden
Pool Addict
Cdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond reputeCdryden has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-13-2010, 11:13 AM

I got this book recently and just finished reading it and I'm PISSED. I'm pissed that I didn't get this book sooner. The Beard did a awesome job. No Fluff, and you know what I mean. How many times have you gotten a dvd of book that tells you the same crap over and over just to fill up space. Not here, this book is jam packed with USEFUL information. So much so that he warns you that if you dont want to know the physics of how a bank works skip to chapter so and so. (But dont skip it, that info is worth its weight in gold)

After I read this book I felt like I owed this guy more money for it and I have NEVER felt that way about a instructional media. NICE JOB FREDDY! I hope I get a chance to meet you and play you some the next time I'm in Chicago.

Trick Shots 1

Trick Shots 2

My Blog Page: CRAZY ABOUT POOL

The cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation.- McKenna

Old
  (#4)
antinul
AzB Silver Member
antinul has a reputation beyond reputeantinul has a reputation beyond reputeantinul has a reputation beyond reputeantinul has a reputation beyond reputeantinul has a reputation beyond reputeantinul has a reputation beyond reputeantinul has a reputation beyond reputeantinul has a reputation beyond reputeantinul has a reputation beyond reputeantinul has a reputation beyond reputeantinul has a reputation beyond repute

08-31-2010, 08:08 AM

Has anyone read the books and seen the videos? Could you recommend one over the other, or would you recommend both? Is the material the same in each format, or does one format have more information than the other?

Old
  (#5)
Roadking
sweet william
Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 200

02-02-2011, 05:21 PM

This is the greatest book for learning bank shots. Is anyone familar with his other book Gos Pool & how it compares with Banking With The Beard? Is it worth picking up a copy?

Old
  (#6)
Renegade_56
R56 Custom Cues
Renegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond repute

02-03-2011, 01:42 AM

Just curious fellas, were any of your books autographed? I ordered mine on amazon several months ago, nothing special about the order, and damn if I didn't get an autographed one. Is this normal?

Renegade_56

If winning is so easy why aren't the losers doing it?

R56 Custom Cues on Facebook

Old
  (#7)
Roadking
sweet william
Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 200

02-03-2011, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade_56 View Post
Just curious fellas, were any of your books autographed? I ordered mine on amazon several months ago, nothing special about the order, and damn if I didn't get an autographed one. Is this normal?
I believe I got mine from amazon & it's not autographed. Maybe you have to order one from the beards web site to get an autograph.

Old
  (#8)
Renegade_56
R56 Custom Cues
Renegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond reputeRenegade_56 has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
I believe I got mine from amazon & it's not autographed. Maybe you have to order one from the beards web site to get an autograph.
I would think that would be the way to get an autograph, but mine came from Amazon, with autograph. Dunno why, but I'll keep it, LOL

Renegade_56

If winning is so easy why aren't the losers doing it?

R56 Custom Cues on Facebook

All on Amazon and my web autographed
Old
  (#9)
freddy the beard
Freddy Bentivegna
freddy the beard has a reputation beyond reputefreddy the beard has a reputation beyond reputefreddy the beard has a reputation beyond reputefreddy the beard has a reputation beyond reputefreddy the beard has a reputation beyond reputefreddy the beard has a reputation beyond reputefreddy the beard has a reputation beyond reputefreddy the beard has a reputation beyond reputefreddy the beard has a reputation beyond reputefreddy the beard has a reputation beyond reputefreddy the beard has a reputation beyond repute

All on Amazon and my web autographed - 02-21-2011, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
You didnt get it from my website, my Amazon or Ebay store, because they all come autographed. There are other distributors on Amazon, including Amazon themselves, selling my book but those do not come autographed.

Beard

To answer a previous poster here, yes the GosPool is packed with more bank systems and info, and might even be a little more entertaining. 50% knowledge and 50% road stories.

Bank on, brother!

100s of pgs of pool goodness on my site
www.bankingwiththebeard.com

Old
  (#10)
WGCP
JUST ANOTHER DAY
WGCP has a reputation beyond reputeWGCP has a reputation beyond reputeWGCP has a reputation beyond reputeWGCP has a reputation beyond reputeWGCP has a reputation beyond reputeWGCP has a reputation beyond reputeWGCP has a reputation beyond reputeWGCP has a reputation beyond reputeWGCP has a reputation beyond reputeWGCP has a reputation beyond reputeWGCP has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1600

02-23-2011, 01:11 AM

I've got both books and DVD's... it is nice to read, study then see it executed on the DVD, and then practice the shot... absolutely a must have if you seriously want to learn why certain banks go, and others don't...

Both books are autographed by the Beard...

Old
  (#11)
8up
AzB Silver Member
8up has a reputation beyond repute8up has a reputation beyond repute8up has a reputation beyond repute8up has a reputation beyond repute8up has a reputation beyond repute8up has a reputation beyond repute8up has a reputation beyond repute8up has a reputation beyond repute8up has a reputation beyond repute8up has a reputation beyond repute8up has a reputation beyond repute

03-10-2011, 11:26 PM

I tried ordering it from Freddie's site using paypal but got some kind of error. So I went ahead and ordered it from amazon hopefully it is a signed copy.

Old
  (#12)
Ratta
Hearing the balls.....
Ratta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000
 Send a message via ICQ to Ratta Send a message via MSN to Ratta  
04-04-2011, 11:15 AM

One of the best books ever released.
For those who are looking for knowledge....get it.

lg
Ingo

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother."......Albert Einstein
________

"Advanced PBIA Instructor and proud member of the SPF Family"

Old
  (#13)
bbb
AzB Gold Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-04-2011, 06:22 PM

look guys
all of freddys stuff is great
wouldnt you want to know all he is willing to share???
buy them all!!!!

Old
  (#14)
akrick
AzB Silver Member
akrick has a reputation beyond reputeakrick has a reputation beyond reputeakrick has a reputation beyond reputeakrick has a reputation beyond reputeakrick has a reputation beyond reputeakrick has a reputation beyond reputeakrick has a reputation beyond reputeakrick has a reputation beyond reputeakrick has a reputation beyond reputeakrick has a reputation beyond reputeakrick has a reputation beyond repute

04-23-2011, 09:08 AM

Freddy is very accessible. Great work and great contribution!!!!

Old
  (#15)
Railbird Hero
AzB Silver Member
Railbird Hero has a reputation beyond reputeRailbird Hero has a reputation beyond reputeRailbird Hero has a reputation beyond reputeRailbird Hero has a reputation beyond reputeRailbird Hero has a reputation beyond reputeRailbird Hero has a reputation beyond reputeRailbird Hero has a reputation beyond reputeRailbird Hero has a reputation beyond reputeRailbird Hero has a reputation beyond reputeRailbird Hero has a reputation beyond reputeRailbird Hero has a reputation beyond repute

12-27-2011, 08:22 PM

I have both of his books and they look like theyve been through the ringer. I take these books everywhere I might have to wait for something. I have both autographed because I bought from his website, as well as buying a shirt. I need to order myself more shirts, I love when people walk up to me and say "Bank on Brother" I have not yet been able to purchase his DVDs. They were on the Christmas List. But Santa didnt bring them. I do know one thing. As soon as Im working or finally get state disability to start sending me checks the DVD's are one of the first things I plan on buying. As well as a few extra shirts. The stories are amazing, the bank info is the best Ive seen and I own quite a few books. All in all my advice. If you want to learn bank shots. Buy these books. I canno tell you how many games its helped me win, and the look on an opponents face when you make a nice crossover bank is worth the price alone.

Playing Cue: Joss w/ 314.2 Shaft
Break: Silverztone with Phenolic Tip
Jump: Ned Morris

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: