Help Please
Old
  (#1)
Silarx
AzB Bronze Member
Silarx has a reputation beyond reputeSilarx has a reputation beyond reputeSilarx has a reputation beyond reputeSilarx has a reputation beyond reputeSilarx has a reputation beyond reputeSilarx has a reputation beyond reputeSilarx has a reputation beyond reputeSilarx has a reputation beyond reputeSilarx has a reputation beyond reputeSilarx has a reputation beyond reputeSilarx has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
Location: Sweden, out on the countryside and behind the ass of nothing is just about where i live :)

Smile Help Please - 03-14-2010, 04:40 AM

I just got hold of this cue http://www.nindog.in/meucci.jpg
I only know that its a Meucci original and that i love the way it plays.
Does anyone know anything more then that? hehe like when it was made? (how old it is etc?) or have any other info on it?
I payed in USDollars just about 150 for it. was it a good pricetag? for me it was since i love the cue but is kinda curious about value too.
Thanks in advance and sorry about my lousy english since im a scandinavian.

/Al

(Allmost forgot! it got a small dent thats in the foto too below the rose)

Old
  (#2)
peterskw
AzB Gold Member
peterskw has a reputation beyond reputepeterskw has a reputation beyond reputepeterskw has a reputation beyond reputepeterskw has a reputation beyond reputepeterskw has a reputation beyond reputepeterskw has a reputation beyond reputepeterskw has a reputation beyond reputepeterskw has a reputation beyond reputepeterskw has a reputation beyond reputepeterskw has a reputation beyond reputepeterskw has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-14-2010, 05:26 AM

I did a search for "Meucci Rose" and found a few of your cue (there is also an all white one). The prices ranged from $400-$450. I don't think the nick would take off more than a few dollars. I think you found a real bargain! But, I'm not an expert.

Pete

you lucky guy.
Old
  (#3)
12310bch
AzB Silver Member
12310bch has a reputation beyond repute12310bch has a reputation beyond repute12310bch has a reputation beyond repute12310bch has a reputation beyond repute12310bch has a reputation beyond repute12310bch has a reputation beyond repute12310bch has a reputation beyond repute12310bch has a reputation beyond repute12310bch has a reputation beyond repute12310bch has a reputation beyond repute12310bch has a reputation beyond repute

you lucky guy. - 03-14-2010, 05:58 AM

I'm a Meucci lover. The Rose cue is , to me, the prettiest of Meucci's art cues and for it's simplicity one of the prettiest made by anybody. it's probably about 20 years old. It is genuine ebony. The inlays are genuine.
In this slow market value at 4-5 hundred $ US. But keep it.

George the Jump "a two-bit pool hustler" ( I still need weight)

Across the green field
the round, colorful flock ran
to awaiting homes

Old
  (#4)
Tbeaux
Angelic Hotdog
Tbeaux has a reputation beyond reputeTbeaux has a reputation beyond reputeTbeaux has a reputation beyond reputeTbeaux has a reputation beyond reputeTbeaux has a reputation beyond reputeTbeaux has a reputation beyond reputeTbeaux has a reputation beyond reputeTbeaux has a reputation beyond reputeTbeaux has a reputation beyond reputeTbeaux has a reputation beyond reputeTbeaux has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 200

03-14-2010, 06:00 AM

The current version of that cue is the HOF (Hall of Fame) 5 and lists on Meucci's site for $650. That cue however is a Meucci Origional. The cue was designed specifically for Hall of famer Loree Jon Jones (now Loree Jon Haddad). The newer Meuccis have developed a less than desirable reputation but the old Origionals were very good cues. The only real problem they had was the ferrules had a tendency to crack. Is the ferrule ivory?

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

I'm an amateur Hotdog. Otherwise I'd be a wannabee!

Okay...I really want to be a PROFESSIONAL pool player or doctor or lawyer...so I can golf whenever!

Thoughts on old age: I had a stroke once,then I had a stroke,now I got no stroke but I'm awaiting for my stroke to return.

Old
  (#5)
Silarx
AzB Bronze Member
Silarx has a reputation beyond reputeSilarx has a reputation beyond reputeSilarx has a reputation beyond reputeSilarx has a reputation beyond reputeSilarx has a reputation beyond reputeSilarx has a reputation beyond reputeSilarx has a reputation beyond reputeSilarx has a reputation beyond reputeSilarx has a reputation beyond reputeSilarx has a reputation beyond reputeSilarx has a reputation beyond repute

Location: Sweden, out on the countryside and behind the ass of nothing is just about where i live :)

03-14-2010, 06:46 AM

Thank you for the information!
Aye the ferrule is ivory.(no crack yet :P)
And thanks for the welcome! (love this forum so far) lots of information and fun.

/Al

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: