2nd Day of CTE - I Think I'm Getting It

DolphinNoSharks

Well, after my first day of CTE, Monday, I had 2 options:

1) Use prefect positioning to make every shot 35°-55° cuts

2) Start Over

I chose #2.

This evening I read all the notes I made, NOT MUCH, from various websites that I visited last month. I was reluctant to try the system until tonight, after losing last night, my 5th of 6 matches this session.

It took about an hour or more but I think I've finally got it. I continue to struggle with the really easy shots, 15° or less, but if I can't make them on my own, no system is going to help me.

I concentrated on cut shots of 35 degrees and higher. I tried the shots below and had great success. Page one, I was 11 of 12. Page 2: 4 of 4 and Page 3: 3 of 3. I couldn't try more because the table I use is in our Clubhouse and the lights go out at 11:45pm and I didn't figure out CTE until after 11pm. I also tried two shot of about 80-85° and made them too.

Now, are these the easier shots? Also, from my notes and practice, it seems that it's really not CTE once the angle is over 60(?). Is this correct? I hope this wasn't beginner's luck and tomorrow's effort is a complete failure.

I have my 9 ball league tomorrow night. I plan on using the system for the entire night, except the straight in shots that I struggled with tonight. I hope I retain everything from tonight.

Tonight's table and tomorrow's game table are quite different. The felt on tonight's table wasn't installed, IT WAS GROWN. Well, it is rather slow compared to tomorrow night's (Thurs) match table.

I will try to post my success/failures from tomorrow's match.

CueTable Help

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Well, after my first day of CTE, Monday, I had 2 options:

1) Use prefect positioning to make every shot 35°-55° cuts

2) Start Over

I chose #2.

This evening I read all the notes I made, NOT MUCH, from various websites that I visited last month. I was reluctant to try the system until tonight, after losing last night, my 5th of 6 matches this session.

It took about an hour or more but I think I've finally got it. I continue to struggle with the really easy shots, 15° or less, but if I can't make them on my own, no system is going to help me.

I concentrated on cut shots of 35 degrees and higher. I tried the shots below and had great success. Page one, I was 11 of 12. Page 2: 4 of 4 and Page 3: 3 of 3. I couldn't try more because the table I use is in our Clubhouse and the lights go out at 11:45pm and I didn't figure out CTE until after 11pm. I also tried two shot of about 80-85° and made them too.

Now, are these the easier shots? Also, from my notes and practice, it seems that it's really not CTE once the angle is over 60(?). Is this correct? I hope this wasn't beginner's luck and tomorrow's effort is a complete failure.

I have my 9 ball league tomorrow night. I plan on using the system for the entire night, except the straight in shots that I struggled with tonight. I hope I retain everything from tonight.

Tonight's table and tomorrow's game table are quite different. The felt on tonight's table wasn't installed, IT WAS GROWN. Well, it is rather slow compared to tomorrow night's (Thurs) match table.

I will try to post my success/failures from tomorrow's match.

CueTable Help

Using CTE you have to line up ,offset and pivot to center.Same process on every shot banks,breaks and all angles .

DolphinNoSharks

First Match Using CTE - Deemed A Success

I was originally planning to use CTE for the entire match but during pre-match practice, I realized this wasn't feasible. First, it takes far too long to aim each shot. Secondly, this slow pace really messed with the flow of my game.

I decided to use it only with the few shots that give me trouble. The shots diagrammed below are 3 of the 7 (all similar) shots I used CTE on and only missed 1. The one miss was an attempted combo with 2 balls sitting near one pocket, OB split both making neither.

I'm currently a Skl 4 with enough knowledge of english & positioning to be a 5 or 6. For the last year, I've had a real problem of closing out games. I've been up TWO-ZERO, 7 times against a 5 or 6 only to lose the next 4-5 games. For some reason, I seem to forget how to make shots. I start to miss BAD. I've tried to control the bad habits that start creeping into my game but my biggest problem is my frustration level, it seems to rise quickly and begin losing my focus. I hope that when I start to lose my focus that I can use CTE to at least get some confidence back and start playing my regular game.

This was by far my best "late" match showing. I took 24 of the last 31 balls and 6 were with CTE.

Hopefully, I have the same confidence next Tuesday, for my 8-Ball Match.

CueTable Help