Stan Shuffett's CTE/Pro One video

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently visited Stan Shuffett and dicussed his upcoming video about Hal Houle's CTE and Stan's Pro One aiming systems. While he didn't tell me when it will be released, he did say it is definitely in the works. It is very important to him that the video is professionally produced and that the instruction it will contain is clearly perceived by all that view it. He is not doing the home video version and is spending ALOT of his own money to make sure the production will be top quality.

It will contain demonstrations by top players that use his Pro One system. They'll show how it is a quickly learned, fluid movement from the more mechanical CTE method. CTE will also be thoroughly explained and demonstrated as a base for the Pro One system.

The step up to the Pro One system is like the difference between airplanes and jets. After learning both I found using Pro One is a natural, easily repeatable movement. Cte when done correctly is amazingly accurate and a valid aiming system. There is just alot of misinformation and miscommunication being put out that is ruining it for everybody that is curious about it. Stan's video will document both systems and we will all be able to move on with the aiming "discussions" on this forum.

If you didn't know, Stan is also a certified BCA Instructor and is available for lessons. He is knowledgeable in all areas of the game and can help your mechanics as well. CTE and Pro One are an added bonus with his instruction. He loves his work and it shows when you are with him. He works very hard to get it right and is a pleasure to be around.

Best,
Mike

Redneck Jim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently visited Stan Shuffett and dicussed his upcoming video about Hal Houle's CTE and Stan's Pro One aiming systems. While he didn't tell me when it will be released, he did say it is definitely in the works.......

Glad to hear that it's still in the pipeline.

From an earlier poll, it looks like plenty of folks will be in line for it.

I'll be one of them.

JAW725

Southpaw
Silver Member
I'm very excited for this video, especially that Pro One has been slightly upgraded since I've had my lesson ( complete as of 4/30/10 - as per justcueit.com ). This new, complete version of Pro One may be that info that makes me much more consistent with the system. I have days where I barely miss and I see and perform ( coincides perfectly with my fundamentals ) the system perfectly. Hopefully the added material to Pro One is what I need.

It's posted on justcueit.com that the video is to be released in the Fall!

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I don't know if Stan has started filming but if not then I'd seriously reccomend AccuStats to handle the filming of the video. I don't think anyone in the business has more knowledge of how to capture pool than AccuStats and Pat Fleming has the additional advantage of being a world beater himself which may help in the production.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
I don't know if Stan has started filming but if not then I'd seriously reccomend AccuStats to handle the filming of the video. I don't think anyone in the business has more knowledge of how to capture pool than AccuStats and Pat Fleming has the additional advantage of being a world beater himself which may help in the production.

Going from Stan's Facebook page, there is a link to the production company that is handling the video..

"JuddFilms and Milk Products Media have inked a deal to produce an instruction billiards video for Stan Shuffett of JustCueIt. The video will focus on Stan's PRO ONE method of aiming and will feature his son Landon Shuffett who is one of the top junior players in the world. Landon has appeared on the likes of David Letterman, Ripley's, Believe It Or Not!, Ellen Degeneres, ESPN2, and holds numerous titles around the state and nation. The video will also feature Stevie Moore who is one of the top professional players in the United States . Shooting will begin on July 13, 2010 and the DVD will be ready for purchase early fall."

Looks like we will be in for a treat..

JoeyK

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
I think Stan is cutting his foot off by making this dvd,but he is a smart man.It will zap the desire so many have to go to him and learn it.How can that be a good thing?It must be personal rather than a financial decision .I am missing something here,but it is not the first time I failed to see the big picture. :confused::confused:

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
I think just the opposite. The release of the video will simply heighten awareness of the kind of things Stan can teach. I'm sure there are a lot of people who can't travel to KY to spend time with Stan but will benefit from the video. I also suspect that a lot of people will purchase the video, and end up booking lessons with him in the future.

Videos are great tools for learning, but nothing compares with face to face time with an accomplished instructor.

I fully support Stan's efforts. He is a great instructor, and a great representative for the BCA instructor program. The video can only help increase interest in what he teaches;

Steve

MOJOE

Silver Member
I think just the opposite. The release of the video will simply heighten awareness of the kind of things Stan can teach. I'm sure there are a lot of people who can't travel to KY to spend time with Stan but will benefit from the video. I also suspect that a lot of people will purchase the video, and end up booking lessons with him in the future.

Steve

Steve, I completely agree with you. I believe the video will demonstrate to many just how good of an instructor, Stan really is. I've spent an entire day with him and learned a ton. I am looking forward to the release of the video as well as getting back to KY for another lesson.

Money very well spent in my opinion. Stan is the best instructor I have ever been to personally.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think Stan is cutting his foot off by making this dvd, ...
Depending on how it turns out and how it is marketed, I think just the opposite is true. A recent aiming/sighting DVD that was/is continuously promoted on this site has sold something over $100,000 in a few months. That DVD got some good reviews and some really, really bad reviews. It would take one individual a long time to make that much money by whispering secrets into students' ears at $50 per hour.

I think Stan will make a very good product. There is clearly a great deal of interest in the topic.

robleyf7

AZB Horse 2016
Silver Member

Videos are great tools for learning, but nothing compares with face to face time with an accomplished instructor.

I fully support Stan's efforts. He is a great instructor, and a great representative for the BCA instructor program. The video can only help increase interest in what he teaches;

Steve

i agree i.m one of the people that can.t make it too mister stan for his top notch lessons this video will help alot thanks

Robley *AKA AZB Horse 2010*

Roger Long

Sonoran Cue Creations
Silver Member
This is very good news. It not only should clear up the misconceptions related to CTE, it will probably set a new standard in the production of dvd instructional videos. I hope Stan does very, very well with this, financially. :thumbup:

Roger

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
He is the BEST!

Mike,
Glad to see you enjoyed your lessons with Stan Shuffett.

He is the best!

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I do not know Stan but if he wants a video professional produced, I would be happy to offer my services for a small % of profits and expenses paid. I don't know if he will find an offer that good for what I can produce. He can contact me via PM for examples of work and Justin from TAR will vouch for my abilities.

I just like to help and I may learn a thing or two about pool in the process.

MOJOE

Silver Member
I do not know Stan but if he wants a video professional produced, I would be happy to offer my services for a small % of profits and expenses paid. I don't know if he will find an offer that good for what I can produce. He can contact me via PM for examples of work and Justin from TAR will vouch for my abilities.

Cleary, read post #5.. From the looks of it, Stan has already hired a company to do the video.. That's just info from his FB page..

Peace

MOJOE

Silver Member

Cleary, read post #5.. From the looks of it, Stan has already hired a company to do the video.. That's just info from his FB page..

Peace

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member

Peace

I didn't see that. Wish him the best with it. I'll buy a copy.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member

This is a great idea John and maybe Stan will consider it. I don't think he could find anyone to film his video more knowledgeable than Pat and the Accu-stats crew.......I will be a buyer when it finally comes out.

James

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Depending on how it turns out and how it is marketed, I think just the opposite is true. A recent aiming/sighting DVD that was/is continuously promoted on this site has sold something over $100,000 in a few months. That DVD got some good reviews and some really, really bad reviews. It would take one individual a long time to make that much money by whispering secrets into students' ears at $50 per hour.

I think Stan will make a very good product. There is clearly a great deal of interest in the topic.

I had no idea he sold over 1000 copies,And no doubt I am probably wrong about the big picture on the dvd