New Table advice on a budget

ThisIsMyUserNam

Registered
So I *finally* have enough room for a home table, and am super-psyched. I can only spend about $2-3K, and closer to 2 would be better. I know this is tight for a good table, but I really want to buy the highest quality I can. I did a lot of research and it seems that my choices are to buy a low-end (veneer, MDF, etc.) Brunswick or similar, or get a hardwood table made by one of the other companies (Presidential, BA billiards, KGI, The Great American Billiards Company, etc.). Which would get me the better table? I generally hate MDF, so I would lean towards one of the hard woods. Is one of these companies particularly good? Also, are there parts that are ok to be MDF (e.g. Presidential is all hardwood but the slate is backed by MDF; does that matter?). Recommendations? I couldn't find any reviews on these companies, so I'm nervous, as this is a big buy for me.

P.S. This is my first post so I apologize if I did something wrong. I did search the forums before I posted. Thanks so much for the help!!

ThisIsMyUserNam

Registered
Thanks

I'll look into this. I'm very nervous about used, as I have no way of knowing if there are issues. Are used tables generally reliable, or can there be hidden flaws?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
This, find a GC or other quality table for around $1500, then spend $1k with a table mechanic - have him do the whole shooting match and get the perfect table, made to your specs....

Used Brunswick Gold Crown=$1200-$1500 depending where you live and how many for sale in your area. Ask around for a good honest table mechanic. Let him look at the table before you put deposit on it. If he says it's good and worth the price let him move and set up. Less than $3000 for a table that will play good and last foever. Welcome to AZBilliards. Johnnyt