Buxton Turner Sad News

Q-MasterRat

one pocket wanna be
I'm sorry to say that Buxton Turner of Newport News Virginia has passed away. Some details: He was found in his home I believe Monday or Tuesday, he had been dead for a week they said. He was a fixture at Q-Masters in Va Beach, you would see him everyday at some point, so when he went without being seen for several days his friends began to get worried, finally some one went to his house only to find both his cars there and no answer at the door. The police were called and they confirmed he had passed, and had been there for at least a week, they suspected no foul play and an autopsy is being conducted. That is all I know at this point. Buxton was a good friend and a true gentleman, any one who met him I'm sure would say the same. He often would put up visiting Pro's at his home. He was a great pool man, not a very great player, but a tremendouse handicapper, he would run the calcutta at local tournements and at the US Open 9 Ball Champianship. He will be missed by all. My sincere condolences go out to his son and Family. I will miss you my friend.:(

Darryl (Sailor)

jrackman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sorry to say that Buxton Turner of Newport News Virginia has passed away. Some details: He was found in his home I believe Monday or Tuesday, he had been dead for a week they said. He was a fixture at Q-Masters in Va Beach, you would see him everyday at some point, so when he went without being seen for several days his friends began to get worried, finally some one went to his house only to find both his cars there and no answer at the door. The police were called and they confirmed he had passed, and had been there for at least a week, they suspected no foul play and an autopsy is being conducted. That is all I know at this point. Buxton was a good friend and a true gentleman, any one who met him I'm sure would say the same. He often would put up visiting Pro's at his home. He was a great pool man, not a very great player, but a tremendouse handicapper, he would run the calcutta at local tournements and at the US Open 9 Ball Champianship. He will be missed by all. My sincere condolences go out to his son and Family. I will miss you my friend.:(

Darryl (Sailor)
Pass my condolences to his family and friends. sounds like pool loses another good one.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I worked with Buxton at last year's U.S. Open. We had fun working together and he's a sharp pool guy. He really knows his stuff. He appeared to be in good health, but I think he may have been a smoker, which is never a good thing. I was looking forward to working with Buxton again this year. You'll be missed buddy.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RIP, Buxton

[Depicted in the middle -- picture taken at Carolinas Open at Fast Eddies in Goldsboro, NC]

Attachments

• Hooker Buxton and Frank.jpg
    Hooker Buxton and Frank.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 640

Q-MasterRat

one pocket wanna be
I worked with Buxton at last year's U.S. Open. We had fun working together and he's a sharp pool guy. He really knows his stuff. He appeared to be in good health, but I think he may have been a smoker, which is never a good thing. I was looking forward to working with Buxton again this year. You'll be missed buddy.

I knew Buxton for a lot of years and never saw him smoke, mabe before I knew him though? I hope we get some answers as to what happened. The pool world has lost a good one. I am overseas now and I'm sure this won't kick in fully untill I get back and don't see him in the pool room.:(

fayeimay

Budddy 'Ol Boy

I have just heard the news of Buxton's death and have no answers. I tried to reach him for days but had no luck due to an automobile accident that left me carless and confined to my bed. Otherwise, I would have driven over to his house a week ago! This forum is the only news I have found about his death. He was a good man, father and confidant. I will miss him as the rest of his friends. If anyone learns any news, please if you don't mind, contact me at fayeimay@aol.com. or 757/775/9307. I have met his son, Jason, once but would like to contact him also. I love you Buddy 'ol Boy, you will be missed my dear, true friend:crying:

Attachments

• pic3 313.jpg
    pic3 313.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi JAM...Good to see you posting again. Please say hi to Keith from all of us fans here! Is there anybody in pooldom that you DON'T have a picture of? LOL :D

On topic...sad news about Buxton. My condolences to the family and his large circle of friends.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

RIP, Buxton

[Depicted in the middle -- picture taken at Carolinas Open at Fast Eddies in Goldsboro, NC]

jason.turner

Not really sure what to say here, but I'm Buxton's son Jason. I found this post after hearing from another of my dad's friends that there was a decent bit of talk in the billiard news about my dad's passing. To clear things up, the official cause of death was "an acute pulmonary stress", heart failure, and no he didn't smoke. Thanks everybody for the well wishes.

Jason

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Not really sure what to say here, but I'm Buxton's son Jason. I found this post after hearing from another of my dad's friends that there was a decent bit of talk in the billiard news about my dad's passing. To clear things up, the official cause of death was "an acute pulmonary stress", heart failure, and no he didn't smoke. Thanks everybody for the well wishes.

Jason

Very sorry for your loss, Jason.

Best,
Brian kc

9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jason

Our condolences Jason! And to all his friends and family!

Hector Perez

Manny Perez