Info needed for the US Open 9-Ball

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi guys, i need some help, i will be in florida during the US Open and i plan to fly in for a couple days. Question is, is Norfolk the closest Airport and how far is it to Chesapeake ? Anyone knows a cheap place to stay there ?

thanks, Sascha

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Hi guys, i need some help, i will be in florida during the US Open and i plan to fly in for a couple days. Question is, is Norfolk the closest Airport and how far is it to Chesapeake ? Anyone knows a cheap place to stay there ?

thanks, Sascha

I'm not sure on the airport, but believe Norfolk is the closest and is maybe @ half an hour away.

Red Roof Inn is a football field length from the conference center and is inexpensive. They give a discount to AZ Billiards peeps.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
I think it is a Red Roof Inn (?) that is right across the street from the Convention Center, they are reasonable.

Marie's husband

Cue It Up Promotions
Silver Member
If I may make a suggestion to you. It may be a good idea to actually get a rental car from the airport. My reasoning is that you will want to go to Q-Masters during the off time of the tournament. Q-masters is about 4.5 miles away from the Convention Center and cabs aren't too cheap in the Norfolk area so it may be cheaper just to get the rental.

I was at Q-masters last month and I could have sworn I had someone tell me that they actually run a shuttle 24hrs a day from the convention center to Q-Masters, but I am not sure on that or if the shuttle was just for the players in the tournament.

Hope someone on AZB could clarify the shuttle for you and me, it may save you some cash on a rental car.

Have Fun.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I may make a suggestion to you. It may be a good idea to actually get a rental car from the airport. My reasoning is that you will want to go to Q-Masters during the off time of the tournament. Q-masters is about 4.5 miles away from the Convention Center and cabs aren't too cheap in the Norfolk area so it may be cheaper just to get the rental.

I was at Q-masters last month and I could have sworn I had someone tell me that they actually run a shuttle 24hrs a day from the convention center to Q-Masters, but I am not sure on that or if the shuttle was just for the players in the tournament.

Hope someone on AZB could clarify the shuttle for you and me, it may save you some cash on a rental car.

Have Fun.

They used to run that shuttle but no more unless it has restarted.

Check with Q-Masters.

www.Q-masters.com