I highly recommend Chuck Starkey

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see nightmare threads about people dealing with cuemakers and things going wrong, not so with Chuck Starkey. I sent a couple of shafts to Chuck to have tips installed and the shafts reconditioned and received them back in a timely manner with the shafts looking great.

He is a class act.

username desi2960 on this forum.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I see nightmare threads about people dealing with cuemakers and things going wrong, not so with Chuck Starkey. I sent a couple of shafts to Chuck to have tips installed and the shafts reconditioned and received them back in a timely manner with the shafts looking great.

He is a class act.

username desi2960 on this forum.

His cues aren't bad either! :thumbup:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His cues aren't bad either! :thumbup:

I've heard that from a lot of people. I still have a touch of this vertigo but when it is gone I'm going to drive to his shop and see what he is doing.

Even with slight vertigo I managed to get to 100 in equal offense today with these reconditioned shafts and new tips he did for me.

cranegod1

Banned
Chuck has sent me many cues for free that are donated to my local youth league for kids that don't have/can't afford their own cues. Chuck is a great guy.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Chucks' cues play absolutely great and he's a good guy.

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the prices he sells his cues at I think he must be in it for the love of putting a nice cue in people's hands. I would say the same for Lee Peppers on here. Both guys put out a lot of cue for a little money.

Pelican

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have two of Chuck's cues, a Titalist conversion that I use for breaking and an unwrapped segmented handle cue that I play with. Very nice cues and the big wood pin gets some stares.

Pel

tipman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
joining the chorus

Chuck is a great guy and he makes a great hitting cue at a more then fair price.

Elwood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chuck had a cue for sale (bubinga forearm, curly maple handle, bubinga butt) that he built for a customer who in the interem had purchased something else and decided he didn't want the cue that Chuck built for him. I'd like to publicly thank that knucklehead for backing out of the cue 'cause it's one of the best hitting cues I've ever owned! Also, here's the kinda guy Chuck is; after talking on the phone briefly, he said he'd ship the cue to me the next day knowing I was sending him a personal check! I said "Aren't you going to wait until you get my check and it clears before you ship the cue"? Chuck said "No problem, you sound like a stand up guy". Thanks Chuck. You're one of the good guys!

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member
Also, here's the kinda guy Chuck is; after talking on the phone briefly, he said he'd ship the cue to me the next day knowing I was sending him a personal check!

I had the same experience. Working with Chuck is a real pleasure.

It's a tribute to Chuck's elegant design when other players do a bit of a double take, look more closely at my cue, and then ask me who made it.