Cues with a 3x8/10

theyonger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only know of Mcdermott.

Sorry if this isnt "making new thread early" but i want to shopping for a new cue that is compatible with my other shafts.

or should i just eff my shafts and and just go for a cue with a different pin? At least i can practice with a standard maple (ah? is good?) or get a Z2 shaft for it (since i have a ob2 so i can compare)

thanks for all the feedback!

(btw my price range for this cue is 0-250ish dollars. dont really wanna spend more than that)

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sorry if this isnt "making new thread early" but i want to shopping for a new cue that is compatible with my other shafts.

or should i just eff my shafts and and just go for a cue with a different pin? At least i can practice with a standard maple (ah? is good?) or get a Z2 shaft for it (since i have a ob2 so i can compare)

(btw my price range for this cue is 0-250ish dollars. dont really wanna spend more than that)

andy gilbert, bryan mordt, ariel carmeli.....etc. it's a pretty popular pin.

aren't you the guy that was making youtube videos? what ever happened with that?

m79a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Phillippi sneaky is 3/8 10, so are newer Bludworth's and Southeast cues.

okinawa77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 3 McDermotts with 3x10 pin.
They aren't anything special, but they would be fine as starter cues....maybe for your GF.

I have an Ebony (Jump/Break), No wrap (EBJW6)
I have a Green cue with black wrap and a purple Owl cue with white/purple spec irish linen wrap.

I'd be willing to sell whole cue, or even just the butt (no shaft).

PM me, if interested.

Also, have a pristine McDermott-Jennifer Barretta cue (Radial Pin).

Last edited:

ARROWCRUSHER

N/ CUE STROKER
Silver Member
When I order a new cue from a cuemaker I useually ask for a 3/8x10 pin if it's available. I had Sly make my cue's all with 3/8x10. Varney uses it as well, I love my cue's made with that big pin besides a radial pin ,<<ED

phread59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe Jacoby has some cues with 3/8x10 as well. Also in your price range too.

Mark Shuman

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

It's a pretty common pin for the custom small shops. For large shops, it doesn't seem all that common anymore. McDermott wouldn't be a bad choice.

For your $250 limit, you might want to look at the Billiard Warehouse and their BW Cues made specifically for them.

Or, you might add a few hundred to you upper (and lower) limit.

Fred

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I have 2 Frey sneakies that both have them. But he does us other pins too.

cowboyup200560

Always lookin......
Silver Member
3/8-10

I have had many diff makes of cues with the 3/8-10 but what you have to watch anymore is that not all 3/8-10 pins are the same..... Some makers modify or cut their own and will not mate up with another makers or a "standard" 3/8-10. I suppose the reason being is that if someone wanted another shaft or an aftermarket shaft they would have to go through the original maker to get it meaning more bussiness for the maker.

Hope this helps

cigardave

Who's got a light?
Silver Member
My higher end 4-pt. v/veneers BCM is 3/8-11.

Not sayin' Bryan doesn't use a 3/8-10... just be careful.