Beat that pesky Ghost 5-ahead tonight!

BWTadpole

The Nitcracker
Silver Member
I know for a good bit of you this really isn't that big of an accomplishment, but this was the second or third time I tried playing 5-ahead 9-ball against the Ghost. The time before this I had to quit even to move to give up the table and the set never finished. Tonight, the set started with some see-saw action around even for the first ten or so racks, then I jump out to a 3-ahead lead. Unfortunately, I donk off some mildly difficult positional shots and some early rack clusters (the 2 kept finding another ball to hide behind) brought the game quickly back to even, then 3-ahead for the Ghost not too long after that. The frustration with my short-comings was definitely noticeable by anyone who happened to look over, but I vented when I needed to, composed myself for the break, and kept with it. Eventually the deficit dropped to 2, then 1, back to even, and the set starts see-sawing between even and 2-ahead for me. The next time I hit 3-ahead, it's all over. The last rack at 4-ahead, I had a straight-in 8-ball that only needed a stop shot for perfect position on the 9. I was about 4 feet away from the 8, and the 8 was three away from the pocket. I drove that ball so far left it nearly rattled in the pocket, but somehow it managed to find the hole.

tl;dr (too long; did not read) : Happy to achieve a goal and improve my game!

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Congrats on beating the ghost and passing another goal. Good shooting. Johnnyt