"Friends Of Tessa" Benefit Cue Auction ROUND 2!

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
this second round raffle has been canceled....thanks for everyone's support!!

Hi all,

I wanted to make everyone in the AZ community aware of the struggle my best friend and his family are going through and ask for your help.

Four months ago my best friends daughter Tessa, a beautiful 16 year old girl from Dyer In., was diagnosed with a very rare form of bone cancer called Extraskeletal Osteosarcoma. This type of cancer develops quickly and is very aggressive so starting treatment (chemotherapy) immediately was the best plan of attack. Tessa has been through FOUR of the six scheduled treatment sessions thus far AS WELL AS SURGERY TO REMOVE MORE TISSUE FROM THE INITIAL AREA THE CANCER WAS FOUND.....all of this is takin' their toll on her physically and her family financially. Good news is her prognosis as of her sugery is good though only 50% survive from this type of cancer, the bad news is their out of pocket medical bills will be up around $80,000!!!...YES I SAID $80,000!!!!.....when all is said and done..... Tessa and her family could use all the support we can give them.

I will auctioning off this very nice Josey cue which Keith and his wife Sherrie have graciously donated AND this masterfully crafted custom tooled Marc Turcasso GTF case all to help this young girl and her family.

Same as before, the auction will be a 56 spot type auction and each spot will be $50. We will use the Mega Millions Lottery drawing FIRST BALL DRAWN METHOD from a night after all the spots are filled.... This is a great opportunity to help out a family in need and possibly win a very nice Josey cue and Turcasso case combo!

Please respond in this thread and let me know what number(s) you want then donate $50 per number and PM me the confirmation number of your donation and the info along with it.....see below for more info and where to donate.....

Here are the details of the auction and the cue:

Place all auction entries through a Paypal charity donation link placed on our friend's web site that will give each entrant an E-receipt which makes your "donation entry" tax deductible! These entries go directly into a "Friends Of Tessa" bank account set up at our local Peoples Bank here in Dyer IN. Entrants will post in the thread that they have donated and include their Paypal ID's as well as which number(s) they want and when their donation is verified I will post them in the thread which is how I've seen it's done. I encourage everyone to visit this site and go to the "Friends Of Tessa" link, see the "Donate" button and also review her benefit flyer which explains about the benefit we are holding locally for the family. http://jeffvanhecke.com/

The cue will be a Josey Babalon. The wood combos are African Blackwood base and Birdseye inlays with small silver dot accents in the main points forearm and sleeve.

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

As you can see above It will be accompanied by a MARC TURCASSO (matcase) custom tooled GTF case that Marc has graciously donated to accompany the cue!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH MARC FOR HELPING US HELP THIS FAMILY AND THEIR DAUGHTER!!!!!!.....

TessaCase1.jpg

Those who want to donate now and pick their numbers may do so. Post in the thread with your number selection FIRST then donate at the link in blue above...... THEN Private message me the Paypal Donation receipt AND confirmation number and i will update the board when i can. I will use first come first POST basis for the numbers.......

PLEASE REVIEW THE NUMBERS POSTED BEFORE YOU CHOOSE

THANK YOU! to ALL who have already supported this and those that will!!!

Tim "Skins" Lilek
Josey Custom Cues

Tim "Skins" Lilek
Josey Custom Cues

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Tim, I'll take number 29 again...if another check is okay. Pm me, okay?

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Check in the envelope...to be mailed tomorrow.

Bump...now we are three, C'mon & join us, people! :thumbup:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
"Friends Of Tessa" Round 2

OK EVERYONE...THANKS TO THE GRACIOUSNESS OF "SOLDTONIGHT" WHO RE-DONATED THIS GREAT CUE PACKAGE FOR THE CAUSE, WE ARE GOING TO DO ROUND 2 OF THIS AUCTION!!!!

I unpacked this combo to let everyone see the package as a whole

Let's do this again and find a home for this great cue/case combo!!!

See the first post on how to join us and become a "Friend Of Tessa"!!

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
These pics show off the prizes better...thanks! C'mon folks, "soldtonight" was kind enough to give us a 2nd chance at this great cue/case combo!

How many here lost $50 in a recent match-up? Wouldn't it have been better spent on this good cause? How many here won that 50? What a great chance to own this gorgeous cue/case combo...both made by skilled artisans...:thumbup:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
These pics show off the prizes better...thanks! C'mon folks, "soldtonight" was kind enough to give us a 2nd chance at this great cue/case combo!

How many here lost $50 in a recent match-up? Wouldn't it have been better spent on this good cause? How many here won that 50? What a great chance to own this gorgeous cue/case combo...both made by skilled artisans...:thumbup:

Thanks for the "PUSH" :wink:

BUMP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
"Friends Of Tessa" Round 2

Looking for a home for this great cue package!!

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
i want everyone to know something

though soldtonight, the winner of the first time this auction was held made a gracious gesture and redonated the cue for another round, i do not expect this to happen again

i want someone to win this cue and case package and enjoy it!!!!

So please don't hesitate to enter in fear that you will look bad if you don't "re-donate" if you win

i really don't want you to.......let the winner enjoy this package for a good cause

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Good message to post Tim...I'm sure Cindy will be quite happy to be seen carrying this package into The Cue Ball, of Salem, Oregon. (blatant plug for my favorite pool hall! ;) )