ferrule material

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What is the best material for the ferrule?

The general consensus of opinion is Ivory. For playability, the old yellow micarta plays great...followed up pretty closely by the old paper based micarta...plays a little softer, I think. I personally like the way that Ivor-X plays, but with Kerry Zeiler's passing I don't know if they will be available anymore.

For the rest of the materials, it is pretty much a crap shoot, depending on what you like. Juma is good, Elforyn is popular, melamine (LBM), Aegis, Ivorine-4, Titan, Porper ferrules play good....there are just too many materials to list. Find a cue that hits like you like, and find out what ferrule is on it.

The tip is much more important, IMO.

Joe

jrackman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always liked the linen based fiber ferrule as they never crack, break and can last a lifetime..and I'm also like the triangle tips because they also last and keep their shape longer then higher price tips

jbravo2984

~{BULL DURHAM CUES}~
Silver Member
all around price and playability I think juma is the best bang for your buck, and your cue repairman will never have a complaint with working with it ;) the stuff machines great and stays pretty darn clean!