Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Balukas to the US Open 9-Ball....
Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Balukas to the US Open 9-Ball....
Old
  (#1)
jackson
"The Sleekly Drifter"
jackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

Balukas to the US Open 9-Ball.... - 07-01-2010, 07:53 PM

In looking over the registered list of players for the US Open 9-Ball Championships on Facebook today....listed was none other than the great Jean Balukas who if I'm not mistaken has not played in a major tournament since the '80's incident with the WPBA....if it's really true that's worth the trip in October...

Jackson

http://www.facebook.com/notes/us-ope...35159076509160

Without your head in the game there can be no stroke

Old
  (#2)
CrownCityCorey
Sock it to 'em!

CrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-01-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson View Post
In looking over the registered list of players for the US Open 9-Ball Championships on Facebook today....listed was none other than the great Jean Balukas who if I'm not mistaken has not played in a major tournament since the '80's incident with the WPBA....if it's really true that's worth the trip in October...

Jackson

http://www.facebook.com/notes/us-ope...35159076509160
I am sure she is "invited" by the promoter; however I think there is zero chance she will accept it.

Old
  (#3)
JMS
AzB Silver Member
JMS has a reputation beyond reputeJMS has a reputation beyond reputeJMS has a reputation beyond reputeJMS has a reputation beyond reputeJMS has a reputation beyond reputeJMS has a reputation beyond reputeJMS has a reputation beyond reputeJMS has a reputation beyond reputeJMS has a reputation beyond reputeJMS has a reputation beyond reputeJMS has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 312

07-01-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownCityCorey View Post
I am sure she is "invited" by the promoter; however I think there is zero chance she will accept it.
Corey, the facebook page the list is for players that have registered to play so far. Why did you write that she was invited?

Old
  (#4)
PoolSharkAllen
AzB Silver Member
PoolSharkAllen has a reputation beyond reputePoolSharkAllen has a reputation beyond reputePoolSharkAllen has a reputation beyond reputePoolSharkAllen has a reputation beyond reputePoolSharkAllen has a reputation beyond reputePoolSharkAllen has a reputation beyond reputePoolSharkAllen has a reputation beyond reputePoolSharkAllen has a reputation beyond reputePoolSharkAllen has a reputation beyond reputePoolSharkAllen has a reputation beyond reputePoolSharkAllen has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-01-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS View Post
Corey, the facebook page the list is for players that have registered to play so far. Why did you write that she was invited?
She probably was invited, along with many other champion players. However, as you said the player list is of those players who have registered for the event. So it sounds to me like she has accepted the invitation and is going to play.

Old
  (#5)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

07-01-2010, 09:20 PM

If Jeannie comes they'll be hanging from the rafters!

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#6)
Cuebuddy
Vege-table
Cuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond reputeCuebuddy has a reputation beyond repute

07-01-2010, 09:36 PM

Wow I would love to see her play. I know this has been posted before but I love watching it.
http://www.yourememberthat.com/media..._Got_A_Secret/

Cuebuddy

"I'm terrified every time you shoot"
Chisolm W

"14-1, 9 ball, 8 ball whats the difference....you put balls in holes."
Measureman

Old
  (#7)
maldito
AzB Silver Member
maldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond reputemaldito has a reputation beyond repute

07-01-2010, 11:06 PM

Robun Dodson is listed also - do you think she was "invited" - wasn't she the one who lodged a protest that Jean was "sharking" her?? What are the odds if they both play and draw each other? It is tough to come out of retirement and then compete rgardless of how well you played at one time but one never knows - I saw Jean playing Mizerack in an exhibition and saw her win a tournament at Resorts. She really looked good and had a great stroke. If she plays I hope she does well.

Old
  (#8)
CrownCityCorey
Sock it to 'em!

CrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond repute

07-01-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolSharkAllen View Post
She probably was invited, along with many other champion players. However, as you said the player list is of those players who have registered for the event. So it sounds to me like she has accepted the invitation and is going to play.
I would love to see Jean play again; however...

...there is virtually no way she registered. Barry "pays" the entries for former US Open winners. As I understand it, he is honoring the ladies as well this time.

So she may be "registered"; however no way Jean plays - IMO. The final US Open line-up will not have Jean - nor many of the other ladies listed, in it.

Old
  (#9)
Masirib5
Klaatu barada nikto
Masirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 8350

07-01-2010, 11:51 PM

Jimmy Reid is also listed and I think he is very ill still.

--Jeff

Klaatu barada nikto

Old
  (#10)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
07-01-2010, 11:52 PM

As I understand it there is a conflict between the US Open on the 17-23rd of September and the Women's World 10 Ball on the 24th of Sep. - 1st of Nov.

These two events being on top of each other will cause some players to skip the US Open just so they have enough travel time to get to the Manila event.

I think that the inclusion of the ladies this year was a surprise to everyone so there was not any time to reschedule either event in deference to the other.

I can guarantee you that at least one lady I know relishes the opportunity to compete for the US Open title but she may have to skip it this year due to this conflict.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#11)
nathandumoulin
WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
nathandumoulin has a reputation beyond reputenathandumoulin has a reputation beyond reputenathandumoulin has a reputation beyond reputenathandumoulin has a reputation beyond reputenathandumoulin has a reputation beyond reputenathandumoulin has a reputation beyond reputenathandumoulin has a reputation beyond reputenathandumoulin has a reputation beyond reputenathandumoulin has a reputation beyond reputenathandumoulin has a reputation beyond reputenathandumoulin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1825

07-02-2010, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuebuddy View Post
Wow I would love to see her play. I know this has been posted before but I love watching it.
http://www.yourememberthat.com/media..._Got_A_Secret/
It always cracks me up that they couldn't guess what she performed ... meanwhile there's a pool table set up on set 10ft over to the right lol

I'd take one look at that table, assume one of the two kids did something pool related, and make that my first guess.

Old
  (#12)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

07-02-2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases View Post
As I understand it there is a conflict between the US Open on the 17-23rd of September and the Women's World 10 Ball on the 24th of Sep. - 1st of Nov.

These two events being on top of each other will cause some players to skip the US Open just so they have enough travel time to get to the Manila event.

I think that the inclusion of the ladies this year was a surprise to everyone so there was not any time to reschedule either event in deference to the other.

I can guarantee you that at least one lady I know relishes the opportunity to compete for the US Open title but she may have to skip it this year due to this conflict.

Last I heard the Ten Ball event wasn't solid.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#13)
Roy Steffensen
not banned
Roy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

07-02-2010, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
It is the Women's 10-ball, not the RAYA-event.

But then again, the women's event has already been postponed/moved earlier this year so I wouldn't be surprised if this event is having problems too...

"The bangers consider me a pro - the pros consider me a banger"

LOVE TO GAMBLE - CAN'T PLAY

Old
  (#14)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
07-02-2010, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Not much is these days. :-(

Old
  (#15)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
07-02-2010, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldito View Post
Robun Dodson is listed also -...What are the odds if they both play and draw each other? ...
Pretty damn good, no?! Especially if they drive together!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: