Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Something New For Pool Players To Contemplate

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Something New For Pool Players To Contemplate
Old
  (#1)
Scaramouche
AzB Silver Member
Scaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Talking Something New For Pool Players To Contemplate - 09-22-2010, 02:53 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ64n9R_BsU

Only the last part - starts after 2+ minutes of attempted problem solving.

Born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad

Old
  (#2)
blah blah
Shoebat
blah blah has a reputation beyond reputeblah blah has a reputation beyond reputeblah blah has a reputation beyond reputeblah blah has a reputation beyond reputeblah blah has a reputation beyond reputeblah blah has a reputation beyond reputeblah blah has a reputation beyond reputeblah blah has a reputation beyond reputeblah blah has a reputation beyond reputeblah blah has a reputation beyond reputeblah blah has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 262
Location: I don't think *twitch* I'm being *twitch* paranoid.

09-22-2010, 04:57 PM

darnit- it ended too soon. I wanted to see what he was going to do on the black. : )

"Black is White, 2+2=5, War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength." -1984 or now?

“You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room.”
-Dr. Seuss

Old
  (#3)
sfleinen
14.1 & One Pocket Addict
sfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

09-22-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ64n9R_BsU

Only the last part - starts after 2+ minutes of attempted problem solving.
Scaramouche:

You may've meant that tongue-in-cheek (i.e. that pool players "would never encounter such a situation"), and it certainly was a very funny situation in how it played out. But I guarantee you that, even on a "lowly 9-footer," and specifically in the games of 14.1 straight pool and One Pocket, that this type of shot comes up all the time, because of the "playing behind the rack/pack" situations specific to these two games. Colloquially, we here in the Northeast call that shot "being tree-topped" -- i.e. shooting over the tops of trees -- and it comes up more often than we'd like because of the games themselves.

Personally, I carry two (yes, 2!) Tiger Corona leather bridge heads in my case for just this scenario. Just last week, I've had to use both of them, in tandem (stacked on top of each other) to reach a severe cut shot behind the pack in a game of One Pocket. (Yes, my opponent "slightly sold out" with his previous shot; after a bit of finagling with stacking and stabilizing the two bridges, I made the shot, and got out.)

The fact that Steven Maguire had to use extensions on *both* the cue and the two bridges, and then after all the finagling with putting this Rube Goldberg creation together, finally decided to scrap it and just shoot the shot left-handed, gave the audience some entertainment for sure!

Thanks for sharing this,
-Sean

"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." -Isaac Asimov

"They haven't got brains, any of them, only grey fluff that's blown into their heads by mistake, and they don't think." -Eeyore, The House at Pooh Corner

Old
  (#4)
Rethunk
Snooker pimp
Rethunk has a reputation beyond reputeRethunk has a reputation beyond reputeRethunk has a reputation beyond reputeRethunk has a reputation beyond reputeRethunk has a reputation beyond reputeRethunk has a reputation beyond reputeRethunk has a reputation beyond reputeRethunk has a reputation beyond reputeRethunk has a reputation beyond reputeRethunk has a reputation beyond reputeRethunk has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-22-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah blah View Post
darnit- it ended too soon. I wanted to see what he was going to do on the black. : )
I think that sucker goes right in the side. Bit of a difficult shot, though.

http://www.findsnooker.com/
Snooker Tables in the USA. Over 350 snooker tables in over 300 locales. Please email me via the website if you find snooker tables in Mexico.

https://www.facebook.com/FindSnooker/
http://www.snookercanada.ca/places-to-play/ (snooker tables in Canada)

Cues
Mike Wooldridge Shark snooker cue. Chuck Starkey purpleheart & curly maple. Schuler SLC-505. Scruggs SP. Fury J/B. BS 1 broomstick.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: