Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page The 9 Ball Break With Greyghost.

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
The 9 Ball Break With Greyghost.
Old
  (#1)
mnorwood
Ziplock
mnorwood has a reputation beyond reputemnorwood has a reputation beyond reputemnorwood has a reputation beyond reputemnorwood has a reputation beyond reputemnorwood has a reputation beyond reputemnorwood has a reputation beyond reputemnorwood has a reputation beyond reputemnorwood has a reputation beyond reputemnorwood has a reputation beyond reputemnorwood has a reputation beyond reputemnorwood has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

The 9 Ball Break With Greyghost. - 09-26-2010, 03:07 PM

Here is third video that Keebie and I filmed last weekend. I think everyone will benefit from watching this video.

Break video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsduifsErUI
Stroke part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u52gKAehqo
Stroke part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uZCcKEJZjc

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/CueStudent
"To define me is to diminish me."
"I aint mad at my money."

Thats some good quality right there my friend....we should stick with that camera
Old
  (#2)
greyghost
exile
greyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond repute

Thats some good quality right there my friend....we should stick with that camera - 09-26-2010, 03:40 PM

Just watched it and WOW....the first video was pretty good quality with the other camera....but the one we filmed this break video with is the NUTS!!!!

I hit the HD button on youtube and man it looks FANTASTIC....and the audio was much better too. I saw my cue and was like DAUUUMM thats a pretty cue...its all shiny lol.

Great job with the visualizations you edited in so people could get a clear view of what was being described. Loved your commentary and the extra break shots at the end as well.

Thanks for calling me out too lol......I did let the CB get away from me on that last one but it helps when you roll the 9 in ever so pretty.

Definately going to use that camera for the next set......hopefully in a few or three weeks from now.

take care brother,
-Keebie

Old
  (#3)
Palmetto cue
AzB Silver Member
Palmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond reputePalmetto cue has a reputation beyond repute

09-26-2010, 04:43 PM

Good Job GG! Will you be doing another set showing the ball shadow aiming system?

Last edited by Palmetto cue; 09-26-2010 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Forgot to ask

Old
  (#4)
Idaho
AzB Silver Member
Idaho has a reputation beyond reputeIdaho has a reputation beyond reputeIdaho has a reputation beyond reputeIdaho has a reputation beyond reputeIdaho has a reputation beyond reputeIdaho has a reputation beyond reputeIdaho has a reputation beyond reputeIdaho has a reputation beyond reputeIdaho has a reputation beyond reputeIdaho has a reputation beyond reputeIdaho has a reputation beyond repute

09-26-2010, 07:55 PM

Good information. I'm pretty new and like how you show both kinds of strokes. Thanks.

Old
  (#5)
greyghost
exile
greyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond repute

09-26-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto cue View Post
Good Job GG! Will you be doing another set showing the ball shadow aiming system?
YES I SURE AM.....but that is for when we get to borrow the super duper camera that costs half what i make a year. Marcus has a friend with a media company that offered him a very high end camera to film some time soon.

If you think that break video look and sounded good wait till we make some using the Szamboti camera lol

thanks,
Keebie

Old
  (#6)
JE54
Gotta get a new dentist.
JE54 has a reputation beyond reputeJE54 has a reputation beyond reputeJE54 has a reputation beyond reputeJE54 has a reputation beyond reputeJE54 has a reputation beyond reputeJE54 has a reputation beyond reputeJE54 has a reputation beyond reputeJE54 has a reputation beyond reputeJE54 has a reputation beyond reputeJE54 has a reputation beyond reputeJE54 has a reputation beyond repute

09-26-2010, 09:56 PM

Good info and video's. Thanks for posting them.

Old
  (#7)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

09-27-2010, 12:29 PM

Those are some great videos Keeb. Too bad you don't line up your cue under your dominant eye! Think of how much better you'd play! All kidding aside, I liked what I saw, and it was presented very clearly. A couple of tiny corrections, imo.

First, I love the way you presented the concept of the finish position for the grip hand. Next time also reinforce that the tip goes to the same place on the cloth too. Second, the significant difference between the piston and the pendulum is accuracy, not power. Power comes from stick speed, and perfect timing...not muscle. If the break was only about power, then the 800 lb. gorilla would have the best break (they don't!). One of the big myths about the break is that you should be trying to put body movement into the break. It's difficult enough (for 99% of us) to accurately strike the CB at high speed (especially without a death grip on the cue). Matching your swing up with moving your body is VERY difficult, for all but the best players...and I think way too many people obsess over getting body weight into the break than can really benefit from it. As you mentioned, develop a repeatable swing, back off on your stroke speed, and contact the front ball of the rack squarely, for a repeatable break shot. Remember, the CB is gone 1/1000th of a second after contact, so all that extra followthrough doesn't do anything (for most players), other than make accurate contact that much more difficult.

Great job! Kudos to you and Marcus.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

PBIA Master Instructor

Great videos
Old
  (#8)
J.S.
AzB Bronze Member
J.S. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.S. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.S. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.S. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.S. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.S. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.S. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.S. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.S. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.S. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.S. has a reputation beyond repute

Great videos - 09-28-2010, 03:51 AM

Thank you both for these videos! Good info presented in such a way that even I (at least hope I) understood what you were saying. I will definately be looking forward to seeing more.

And yes, the cue looked pretty darn sweet and didn't help my cue fever one bit.

J.S.

9 Ball Break with Greyghost
Old
  (#9)
book collector
AzB Silver Member
book collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond reputebook collector has a reputation beyond repute

9 Ball Break with Greyghost - 09-28-2010, 07:43 AM

Great video, I also liked the other 2 you guys did, I'm glad that people are finally sharing information, when I started playing pool 40 years ago it was difficult to find out anything at all. Good luck to you and Marcus.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: