8 Year Old Phenom at Beloit WI This past weekend.

jbravo2984

~{BULL DURHAM CUES}~
Silver Member
Just wondering if anyone got a chance to see Todd Jones Jr. play in the no master's 8-ball tournament at the Carom Room in Beloit Wi, this past weekend. What did you guys think? Pretty unreal how some people just pick up a cue and GO huh?!

While on the 1-loss side he gave up a heck of a fight but unfortunately lost hill-hill to a much more experienced player. I want to wish Jr. luck at the no master's nineball event next month!

hitman jones

Registered
Look at him on youtube when he just turned 7 beat the guy 8 ball on the 9foot bca rules put jonesandsonpaving on youtube no spaces and youll see him

RyanTheImpaler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You got that right bravo

This kid seriously has a bright future ahead of him shooting pool. I watched him play countless racks and he isn't just a kid who grabs a cue and hits away at balls. He is great and even more, he will just get better and better with age!

JustinHayes

I'll need an Orange Crush
Silver Member
I saw this kid play at Jr Nationals this year... he's simply amazing... real talent there. I talked to his grandfather or father (can't remember which) and he said the kid just picked up a cue at 3yrs and could play.

hitman jones

Registered
thanks

well my son is upset because dave the owner of carom room wont let him play because one of the local click brought his two boys which mind you are like 4 or 5 and was not in the tourney they was acting up so dave told him that he was not going to let kids under 13 in after 7 my son goes to every touney around chicago land everybody know and likes him he has won 2 times in rockford 3 times at rudys in aurora and took 1st place 14 and under at the junior quilfer .when i spoke to dave he said he really ejoyed todd being there but thats been there rule always so i reminded him that me and my son has shoot in the thursday touney that dave runs and it dosent start till 7 then he said well well oh im sticking to what i said i dont think it is fair todd is a paying 8 yr old player that shoots just as good or better then most a freek really . I just want todd to have a chance to shoot and watch the players he knows and you would think dave should be happy that we want to drive about 2 hrs to come there todds not going to win so im just donating money so tell me what you guys think please help todd jr so he gets the best out of the love of pool thanks todd sr

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
well my son is upset because dave the owner of carom room wont let him play because one of the local click brought his two boys which mind you are like 4 or 5 and was not in the tourney they was acting up so dave told him that he was not going to let kids under 13 in after 7 my son goes to every touney around chicago land everybody know and likes him he has won 2 times in rockford 3 times at rudys in aurora and took 1st place 14 and under at the junior quilfer .when i spoke to dave he said he really ejoyed todd being there but thats been there rule always so i reminded him that me and my son has shoot in the thursday touney that dave runs and it dosent start till 7 then he said well well oh im sticking to what i said i dont think it is fair todd is a paying 8 yr old player that shoots just as good or better then most a freek really . I just want todd to have a chance to shoot and watch the players he knows and you would think dave should be happy that we want to drive about 2 hrs to come there todds not going to win so im just donating money so tell me what you guys think please help todd jr so he gets the best out of the love of pool thanks todd sr

Sounds to me that the rule should have some flex in it to allow players with legal guardian's to be in the room IF they are active players in the tournament.

hitman jones

Registered
todd jr

thats what i told dave maybe he will see what people right on here and change his mind im trying to get todd jr ready for the next jr champion ship i dont shot that great but all the guys that know us shoot very well so if someone knows dave please tell him he should let my son shot thanks for the help.

Jcat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not fair

this country has gotten into this "treat all equally" garbage and it is helping to ruin this country. What you should do is "treat all fairly", and thats not the same as treat all equally. if a 35 year old walks in and causes trouble and you ban him from coming back do you then ban all 35 and under? not liikely, so why not do the same for someone under 13? if they act responsibly and are chaperoned, then encourage them to come and play and kick the other little disrupting shits out. Yes, that route is a little harder and takes a little backbone to do but so what. stand up and fight for good behavior and condemn the bad. Jeeeeeezzzzz. Nuff Said.

hitman jones

Registered
thats right

I think thats the problem see im nobody up there and the guy he told about his kids is a champ so its like you said buck up and stand up for whats right i hope dave does this you would think he would he has a great tourney and my son will be on top one day

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Special little guy.............

I think thats the problem see im nobody up there and the guy he told about his kids is a champ so its like you said buck up and stand up for whats right i hope dave does this you would think he would he has a great tourney and my son will be on top one day

First I want to thank you for calling me up and having me come down to work with Todd Jr. It was one pleasant experience.

When i was 12 years old I played with my father in a country pool league. Everything went well the first year but the second year they kicked me out of the league. They said the league was for building business and ,well, I guess the mountain dew I drank didn't count. My dad drank enough for 3 customers unfortuanately.

And unfortuanately I ended up driving him home many nights at the age of 12 to 17.

One thing that really impressed me was that I can see Todd Jr has some great guidance and a great father that really is looking after his son and is doing a great job. So important in this day and age or any day and age for that matter.

This is what impressed me the most because I know how it is to have little or no guidance. Because when we're growing up we want to be just like dad and do like dad. I could see almost immediately that Todd Jr is in good hands.

That liitle guy shoots his butt off. Plus he's just a good kid also.

I know I showed you how everything works so you can help Todd jr with his aiming but if you ever have a question with anything please call.

The next lesson is free. I can't wait to see him progress as he grows up.

Your in for a real treat dad and so is Todd JR.

Thanks again geno...........

Protocol

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this country has gotten into this "treat all equally" garbage and it is helping to ruin this country. What you should do is "treat all fairly", and thats not the same as treat all equally. if a 35 year old walks in and causes trouble and you ban him from coming back do you then ban all 35 and under? not liikely, so why not do the same for someone under 13? if they act responsibly and are chaperoned, then encourage them to come and play and kick the other little disrupting shits out. Yes, that route is a little harder and takes a little backbone to do but so what. stand up and fight for good behavior and condemn the bad. Jeeeeeezzzzz. Nuff Said.

Amen to that. Common sense is quickly becoming a thing of the past in this country.

hitman jones

Registered
hey gene

Thanks buddy todds been shooting lights out you really helped him hope you had fun down with teddy todd just took 1st at rudys sat and last week he took 4th he beat a 8 and a 7 three nothing he ran 5 racks sat night it was 9 ball 2 break and runs and the other he broke dry then he ran out when he was up. everybody is shocked when they see him shot when he was shooting in the no master at the carom room he went hill hill with a guy that shots better then me lol

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep up the good work...

Thanks buddy todds been shooting lights out you really helped him hope you had fun down with teddy todd just took 1st at rudys sat and last week he took 4th he beat a 8 and a 7 three nothing he ran 5 racks sat night it was 9 ball 2 break and runs and the other he broke dry then he ran out when he was up. everybody is shocked when they see him shot when he was shooting in the no master at the carom room he went hill hill with a guy that shots better then me lol

Todd jr is a lucky boy. keep up the good work dad.

Thanks again geno.....

hitman jones

Registered
thanks

Thanks for the video i forgot my video camera todd played great he banked the ball right before the two u got and it did put him on the hill then todd broke dry and the guy ran out .I hope that one day dave will let him play he loves playing with all yall good players it makes him step his game up .

JustinHayes

I'll need an Orange Crush
Silver Member
In my opinion, I think all of these establishments (if local law allows) should allow any age kid in, if their parent or guardian is present and watches over them, and the kid is playing in the tournament or league (whichever applies).

I've had similar problems getting my son into some places. Once they see he can play and acts better than most of the adults in the place, they don't have a problem letting him in thereafter.

9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thats what i told dave maybe he will see what people right on here and change his mind im trying to get todd jr ready for the next jr champion ship i dont shot that great but all the guys that know us shoot very well so if someone knows dave please tell him he should let my son shot thanks for the help.

Hello Mr. Dave , Carom billiards

My name is Manny Perez, I am currently 12 yrs old. I started playing pool at the age of 10, Thanks to the good people and owner of shooters in Olathe ks Mr .Dan Tull, I was allowed and able to play in his pool hall. This generosity allowed me to become an International Jr. champion at the age of 11.

I think without the ability to have a place to play and enter tournaments, I would never have become a champion so soon! Imagine the owners delight when I and my teamates brought home the International title to his room! :smile:

I am writing this letter on behalf of a fellow player who wishes to play in your room. Not all of us kids act like kids! Some of us are serious about our game, And want to be around serious players!

Please! give my fellow player a chance to continue to enjoy your pool hall and the fine tournaments you run there. I`m sure I will see him soon at the Jrs Championships and maybe 1 day he will bring Glory and Honor to your pool hall by winning the Jr Nationals!

Please give all of us aspiring kids a chance, hope to be in your area sometime.

Thanks
Manny Perez

You may print this out and show it to the owner if you want . Hope this helps!

Manny perez

Last edited: