Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Toys 4 Tots Tournament Help

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Toys 4 Tots Tournament Help
Old
  (#1)
Total_Chaos13
AzB Silver Member
Total_Chaos13 has a reputation beyond reputeTotal_Chaos13 has a reputation beyond reputeTotal_Chaos13 has a reputation beyond reputeTotal_Chaos13 has a reputation beyond reputeTotal_Chaos13 has a reputation beyond reputeTotal_Chaos13 has a reputation beyond reputeTotal_Chaos13 has a reputation beyond reputeTotal_Chaos13 has a reputation beyond reputeTotal_Chaos13 has a reputation beyond reputeTotal_Chaos13 has a reputation beyond reputeTotal_Chaos13 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Toys 4 Tots Tournament Help - 09-29-2010, 06:43 AM

I had a friend ask me to help put on a T4T tournament in Dec. The idea is using APA handicaps( only because its the biggest around this part) and do 3 brackets or 2-3, 4-5, and 6-7. Top 4 or 6 depending on number of players get a small payout, with most being donated to T4T.

I have a few concerns about players true handicaps. How can we verify a palyers true handicap? Can we request proof like a copy of an APA scoresheet?

I have never really been involved in running a tournament, so any suggestion would be nice. We are also thinking about door prizes and raffles. We are going to try to get a bunch of local businesses to donate stuff and raffle them off throughout the day. Also think about a 10-ball break and run pot.

Old
  (#2)
thrash attack
AzB Silver Member
thrash attack has a reputation beyond reputethrash attack has a reputation beyond reputethrash attack has a reputation beyond reputethrash attack has a reputation beyond reputethrash attack has a reputation beyond reputethrash attack has a reputation beyond reputethrash attack has a reputation beyond reputethrash attack has a reputation beyond reputethrash attack has a reputation beyond reputethrash attack has a reputation beyond reputethrash attack has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-29-2010, 07:19 AM

Some of the leagues have local website that post handicaps.

"Show me a man who lives alone and has a perpetually clean kitchen, and 8 times out of 9 I'll show you a man with detestable spiritual qualities." - Charles bukowski

“show me a man who lives alone and has a perpetually dirty kitchen, and 5 times out of 9 I’ll show you an exceptional man.” - Charles bukowski

Old
  (#3)
LeagueGuy
AzB Silver Member
LeagueGuy has a reputation beyond reputeLeagueGuy has a reputation beyond reputeLeagueGuy has a reputation beyond reputeLeagueGuy has a reputation beyond reputeLeagueGuy has a reputation beyond reputeLeagueGuy has a reputation beyond reputeLeagueGuy has a reputation beyond reputeLeagueGuy has a reputation beyond reputeLeagueGuy has a reputation beyond reputeLeagueGuy has a reputation beyond reputeLeagueGuy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 200

09-29-2010, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total_Chaos13 View Post
I had a friend ask me to help put on a T4T tournament in Dec. The idea is using APA handicaps( only because its the biggest around this part) and do 3 brackets or 2-3, 4-5, and 6-7. Top 4 or 6 depending on number of players get a small payout, with most being donated to T4T.

I have a few concerns about players true handicaps. How can we verify a palyers true handicap? Can we request proof like a copy of an APA scoresheet?

I have never really been involved in running a tournament, so any suggestion would be nice. We are also thinking about door prizes and raffles. We are going to try to get a bunch of local businesses to donate stuff and raffle them off throughout the day. Also think about a 10-ball break and run pot.

Just a suggestion but try to talk to the League Operators in the area and tell them what you are doing. Not only will they probably verify handicaps for you but they may also offer to help you run it or maybe donate money themselves to the cause. They might also advertise it for you.

In our area we, there are 2 or 3 charity events and the League Operators not only donate but they also play in the events as well.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: