Shooting outside QMaster billiard hall in Va. Beach

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's why my old road partner used to only enjoy gambling in pool rooms that didn't serve alcohol. Alcohol and pool don't mix well sometimes. :(

Mt. Cheverest

El Duderino
Silver Member

I was inside the pool hall when this happened....

Nothing that happened inside lead to the shooting. It was something that was going on elsewhere....

I know the kid (18 or 19) who was shot and I hope he makes a full recovery, the news said he was expected to.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
This shooting more than likely had nothing to do with pool or alchohol since the suspects were under the drinking age.

I would bet there were other unlying reasons for this act of violence.

Hope the victim comes out of this okay.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This shooting more than likely had nothing to do with pool or alchohol since the suspects were under the drinking age.

I would bet there were other unlying reasons for this act of violence.

Hope the victim comes out of this okay.
It said in the news report it started over a 100 yards from the pool room. For one of the news people in the clips posted by the OP to lead the story with "Shooting at pool room" is just a lie and hype for something that had nothing to do with the pool room at all. It kind of makes you mad, here they go again.

Melissa Herndon

Pro Player
Silver Member
It said in the news report it started over a 100 yards from the pool room. For one of the news people in the clips posted by the OP to lead the story with "Shooting at pool room" is just a lie and hype for something that had nothing to do with the pool room at all. It kind of makes you mad, here they go again.

It's true. By mentioning the pool hall in the headline...they are furthering the stereotype that pool hall are seedy and shady places where the scum of the earth hang out.

Watching the news last night...there were 3 shootings featured in the greater LA area...and not one of them happened near a pool hall nor had anything to do with pool players.

Media likes to play on the fears and bigotry and biases of the general public. (And actually...it's not just the media. Rumormongers & sh*t-stirrers on message boards do it a lot, too!!!!)

Melissa

hunger strike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Dude abides.....

I was inside the pool hall when this happened....
Nothing that happened inside lead to the shooting. It was something that was going on elsewhere....

I know the kid (18 or 19) who was shot and I hope he makes a full recovery, the news said he was expected to.

~Considering that this was a random act and not the result of the poolroom, this is now statistically the safest poolroom in the nation.
A statistician once brought his own bomb on an airplane. When caught and asked why, he stated that statistically there is a very small chance of getting on a plane that has a bomb on it. The chances of having TWO bombs on the same plane, well, the odds are nil, so he was hedging his bets..... so enjoy your time at what is, for now, the safest poolroom in the USA......

Mt. Cheverest

El Duderino
Silver Member
~Considering that this was a random act and not the result of the poolroom, this is now statistically the safest poolroom in the nation.
A statistician once brought his own bomb on an airplane. When caught and asked why, he stated that statistically there is a very small chance of getting on a plane that has a bomb on it. The chances of having TWO bombs on the same plane, well, the odds are nil, so he was hedging his bets..... so enjoy your time at what is, for now, the safest poolroom in the USA......

Never thought of it like that.

I can tell you that Q-Masters is very safe and the neighborhood and area which it resides is also good. There are sketch areas in Tidewater, for sure, but whatever happened was either very random or the kid was in some sh1t on his own accords.

Who knows.