Congrats to Dechaine, SVB, and Dueul!

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
After reading that article twice, I don't see where it states they're already qualified. There are 4 events left.

I'm hoping Mike Dechaine hangs in there at number 1, though!

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With there being 4 events left for the US team to get points (Turning Stone, US 9 Ball Open, and two Seminole events), which are the two Seminole events that will go towards the rankings? I haven't seen anywhere that gives that info??

From BD:
"Most significant, Matchroom Sport has eliminated the four international events (the Beijing Open, World Pool Masters in the Philippines, China Open and World 9-Ball Championship in Qatar). Two double-elimination stops on the Seminole Pro Tour will take their place."
http://www.billiardsdigest.com/new_news/display_article?id=1384

The Seminole schedule shows it has 4 events remaining and all being BCA points events but no mention of Mosconi. The first three are $25K added and the final $50K:
http://www.seminoleprotour.com/schedule

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm rooting for Corey Deuel. Both times I've met him, he came across like a good guy.

Plus he's a badass pool player. :)

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I really would like to see Mike on the team this year. He has to be top 5 in the US. I would also like to see the cup changed to 10-ball. Johnnyt

geocheren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you also spelled Deuel incorrectly as well....

I do believe players get to drop their lowest score...which could hurt the player if he placed in all events...

I would also like to see the Mosconi Cup changed from just 9-ball to a variety of cue sports, like 10 ball, 8 ball and straight pool, since they count the US Open 10 Ball and the world 8 ball championship in their qualifying events

Altissimo15

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to see Earl, Rodney and Moore make the team along with SVB and Deuel. Mike is hanging strong so someone so I know someone isn't making.