I Remeber...

pulldapin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aloha all,

Especially for those who served and continue to serve our great nation.

I remember my Father LT Rodney Edwin Kuehn USN (Operational Lose) VA-36 27 Oct 1943-7 Jan 1970 and my fallen commrads of Operation Redwing and to those who have fallen in support of it. Because of these sacrifices we continue to live in freedom (somewhat).

Mahalo and God bless all,
Carl

PS If you find the time visit http://navy.togetherweserved.com/usn/index.jsp and contribute to someones rememberance.

Again Mahalo.

Last edited:

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I'll bet you a dime to a speckled cue ball that there isn't a veteran here that doesn't get a lump in his, or her, throat when old glory is raised, or taps is played.
Tell us when and who for, boys and girls. :)

Tramp Steamer BT2
USNR 1966-1971

pulldapin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll bet you a dime to a speckled cue ball that there isn't a veteran here that doesn't get a lump in his, or her, throat when old glory is raised, or taps is played.

Tramp Steamer BT2
USNR 1966-1971

HERE HERE and again Mahalo

0ne9marine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
USMC Bravo Company 1st Battalion 9th Marines "The Walking Dead" 1969 RVN

Vietnam was hours and hours
of sheer boredom punctuated
by moments of sheer terror

pulldapin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
USMC Bravo Company 1st Battalion 9th Marines "The Walking Dead" 1969 RVN

Vietnam was hours and hours
of sheer boredom punctuated
by moments of sheer terror

Thank you for reminding me. Also to thank "Suicide Charlie".

Again Mahalo,
Carl

Mr. Wiggles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My buddies

HERE HERE and again Mahalo

James Leonard. RIP Rusty Wooden, still kickin in Wellston OK. Vietnam vets. Class of 1967 Edmond High School. We were all altar boys at St Johns, including my older brother. Four went, three came back.

9BallPaul

Banned

Tramp Steamer BT2
USNR 1966-1971

Count me as one Vietnam vet who's sick and tired of the jingoism that's taken over this country since 9-11. Don't need to hear the national anthem before every sporting event, darn sure don't need "God Bless America" during the 5th inning, and only wish this country could get past seeing the planet as a vast game of Risk.

Cut the defense budget, get the homeless off the street corners, and use the leftover cash to buy every able-bodied male a McDermott G-core cue. We'll be a happier country. I add that because I think this thread is in the wrong forum, and I'm trying to steer it in the right direction.

Who are the top pros who also are vets? Anyone?

pulldapin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Count me as one Vietnam vet who's sick and tired of the jingoism that's taken over this country since 9-11. Don't need to hear the national anthem before every sporting event, darn sure don't need "God Bless America" during the 5th inning, and only wish this country could get past seeing the planet as a vast game of Risk.

Cut the defense budget, get the homeless off the street corners, and use the leftover cash to buy every able-bodied male a McDermott G-core cue. We'll be a happier country. I add that because I think this thread is in the wrong forum, and I'm trying to steer it in the right direction.

I put it in this forum because it belongs in all forums.
Mahalo for your contribution, however much to our great nation. This thread is keeping in spirit with the long standing tradition of what this day is for, rememberance of those who gave their lives so we might live in freedom. Just one Vet's thoughts to another.

Respectfully,
Carl

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
This particular site is for Navy only.

The subject is close to my heart. Thanks for remembering those who gave their all.

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
USN 1969-1977 EM1(SS) with a very short vacation in and off-shore Nam while aboard and getting to the USS Constellation in late 69. Primarily a bubblehead nuke though.

JoeyA

Silver Member
Fireteam leader gave his all.

Michael Sanchez, PFC, USMC
June 12, 1950 - September 19, 1970.
Dallas, TX.

9BallPaul

Banned
I put it in this forum because it belongs in all forums.
Mahalo for your contribution, however much to our great nation. This thread is keeping in spirit with the long standing tradition of what this day is for, rememberance of those who gave their lives so we might live in freedom. Just one Vet's thoughts to another.

Respectfully,
Carl

Horsemanure. It belongs in NPR -- jingoism is no excuse for overlooking forum decorum. I say that as a vet. You gotta problem with that?

When did you serve? And where?

Last edited:

Mike_S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Fortunately they don't sing "God Bless America" during the 5th inning.
It's the middle of the 7th inning. If you are so set on harping on people, and dropping your e*crap in an otherwise fantastic thread, at least get your facts straight.

JoeyA

Silver Member
Vietnam Veterans & DIABETES

A couple of weeks ago I ran into another marine who is a Vietnam veteran and we got to talking about his health and it turns out that he has diabetes and some heart problems.

He didn't know that Congress had passed some bills that acknowledged that Agent Orange is a common denominator for diabetes and some other common ailments that veterans suffer from.

Any Vietnam veteran is entitled to compensation (monthly check) for this disability as well as the medicines and treatment of this military related disease.

If you know a Vietnam veteran and he has diabetes, ask him if he is being compensated by the government or treated by the Veterans Administration Hospital in his local area.

It still amazes me that after all these years, some veterans still don't know about this compensation.

It doesn't matter if they spent one month in Vietnam or 5 years in Vietnam.

Last edited:

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
Thank you to all those that have served...

I am sure there are many great military pool stories.....

I know one guy that told me of a time when they had a pool table in the barraks....and his improvisation of using a band-aide in place of a missing tip so that he could win back some money that his buddy had lost...

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're in the Navy and get the chance to go to the MWR lounge in Limmasol, Cyprus, you will be pleasantly surprised to find a bar box waiting to greet you. :)

There's also several 8' pool tables at NTTC Correy Station, Pensacola, FL in the MWR club.

CTO2(SW) TX Poolnut :)

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aloha all,

Especially for those who served and continue to serve our great nation.

I remember my Father LT Rodney Edwin Kuehn USN (Operational Lose) VA-36 27 Oct 1943-7 Jan 1970 and my fallen commrads of Operation Redwing and to those who have fallen in support of it. Because of these sacrifices we continue to live in freedom (somewhat).

Mahalo and God bless all,
Carl

PS If you find the time visit http://navy.togetherweserved.com/usn/index.jsp and contribute to someones rememberance.

Again Mahalo.

Good for you partner. I remember Robinson, Taylor and Leaver. As long as I'm alive and my find doesn't fail me I'll remember them on this day.

9BallPaul

Banned
Fortunately they don't sing "God Bless America" during the 5th inning.
It's the middle of the 7th inning. If you are so set on harping on people, and dropping your e*crap in an otherwise fantastic thread, at least get your facts straight.

That's what you consider a proper rebuttal? Just what I'm talking about.