Reload this Page Banking without diamonds
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Banking without diamonds
Old
  (#1)
Mikjary
Just chillin'
Mikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2300

Banking without diamonds - 05-30-2011, 04:08 PM

CueTable Help

Here's a couple of basic banks using a contact point instead of the traditional diamonds. They can be made using no english and pocket speed. All banking adjustments, without saying, apply here.

The shot on the left is made by using the line from the pocket through the one ball with the contact point being at the back of the object ball. Aim the cue ball where the line exits the one ball.

The shot on the right is made by again, taking a line from the pocket through the seven ball, but using the front of the object ball as a contact point. Crossover banks use the front contact point. Cut back banks use the back contact point.

There are adjustments for straight in banks, thin crossover banks and thin cut back banks. Use pocket speed as these banks are affected like all banks by throw and speed. With a soft stroke they will be accurate to even where you aim at on the pocket.

You can use this method to bank a ball for a safety, too. Just figure out where you want to bank the ball to and find the contact point/line to get it there.

If these make sense, small adjustments will pocket almost any bank. Right now I'm working on two railers. More to come.

Best,
Mike

Old
  (#2)
jason777r
AzB Bronze Member
jason777r has a reputation beyond reputejason777r has a reputation beyond reputejason777r has a reputation beyond reputejason777r has a reputation beyond reputejason777r has a reputation beyond reputejason777r has a reputation beyond reputejason777r has a reputation beyond reputejason777r has a reputation beyond reputejason777r has a reputation beyond reputejason777r has a reputation beyond reputejason777r has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-30-2011, 05:00 PM

Sounds cool, but I don't see the pic. Is it just me?

Old
  (#3)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

05-30-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason777r View Post
Sounds cool, but I don't see the pic. Is it just me?
I think the cuetable diagram requires Shockwave which you can download for free.

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

Old
  (#4)
jason777r
AzB Bronze Member
jason777r has a reputation beyond reputejason777r has a reputation beyond reputejason777r has a reputation beyond reputejason777r has a reputation beyond reputejason777r has a reputation beyond reputejason777r has a reputation beyond reputejason777r has a reputation beyond reputejason777r has a reputation beyond reputejason777r has a reputation beyond reputejason777r has a reputation beyond reputejason777r has a reputation beyond repute

05-30-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyA View Post
I think the cuetable diagram requires Shockwave which you can download for free.
Thank you very much

Old
  (#5)
TX Poolnut
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
TX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond repute

05-30-2011, 05:40 PM

It's working for me.

Old
  (#6)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-30-2011, 06:14 PM

Thats pretty cool, thanks.
The opportunity to bank comes up so often, that I like to keep on my toes and practice them when I can.

Always nice to know different ways to do it.
Maybe you can explain your terminology to me. I don't quite understand what you mean by a Cut back and a Cross over bank.

To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.

Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Old
  (#7)
Mikjary
Just chillin'
Mikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond reputeMikjary has a reputation beyond repute

05-30-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hog ridr View Post
Thats pretty cool, thanks.
The opportunity to bank comes up so often, that I like to keep on my toes and practice them when I can.

Always nice to know different ways to do it.
Maybe you can explain your terminology to me. I don't quite understand what you mean by a Cut back and a Cross over bank.
Sorry about that! If a bank is not a straight in shot using one rail, you either cut back to the direction of the pocket or cross over with the cue ball. The one ball is a cut back to the pocket and the seven ball is a crossover bank.

Straight in banks can be made with this method, but a different contact point is needed from what is shown.

Best,
Mike

Old
  (#8)
conetip
AzB Silver Member
conetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

05-30-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikjary View Post
Sorry about that! If a bank is not a straight in shot using one rail, you either cut back to the direction of the pocket or cross over with the cue ball. The one ball is a cut back to the pocket and the seven ball is a crossover bank.

Straight in banks can be made with this method, but a different contact point is needed from what is shown.

Best,
Mike
Can these shots shown be made as straight banks, or do they have to be the cutback and crossover?

Neil Lickfold.
Cuttlefish Cues.
cuttlefishcues@gmail.com
Sorry, not taking any cue orders until further notice.

Old
  (#9)
Mikjary
Just chillin'

05-30-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conetip View Post
Can these shots shown be made as straight banks, or do they have to be the cutback and crossover?
You can use the same aiming method to make straight in banks or close to straight in. Using the same line from the pocket through the object ball, you have the front and back contact points. Aim between the two contact points with the cue ball. With a little practice I was able to find this point by dividing the ball in half between the front and rear contact points.

Probably the hardest part is visualizing the rear contact point on the back of the object ball. You obviously can't see it, so you must estimate its location.

Best,
Mike

Last edited by Mikjary; 05-30-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Good stuff
Old
  (#10)
3RAILKICK
AzB Gold Member
3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

Good stuff - 05-30-2011, 08:53 PM

Mike-

Thanks for sharing.

There's more than one way to get to Burbank.

Old
  (#11)
Mikjary
Just chillin'

05-30-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RAILKICK View Post
Mike-

Thanks for sharing.

There's more than one way to get to Burbank.
Anytime, Bill. I'm still working on the two and three railers. I've found some interesting results!

Best,
Mike

Old
  (#12)
Mikjary
Just chillin'

05-30-2011, 10:00 PM

CueTable Help

Here is a diagram of the straight in or close to straight in banks.

Best,
Mike

Old
  (#13)
jdxprs
Banned
jdxprs has a reputation beyond reputejdxprs has a reputation beyond reputejdxprs has a reputation beyond reputejdxprs has a reputation beyond reputejdxprs has a reputation beyond reputejdxprs has a reputation beyond reputejdxprs has a reputation beyond reputejdxprs has a reputation beyond reputejdxprs has a reputation beyond reputejdxprs has a reputation beyond reputejdxprs has a reputation beyond repute

05-30-2011, 10:04 PM

I've never seen that system before. thanks for posting!

banking without diamonds
Old
  (#14)
theUBC
AzB Silver Member
theUBC has a reputation beyond reputetheUBC has a reputation beyond reputetheUBC has a reputation beyond reputetheUBC has a reputation beyond reputetheUBC has a reputation beyond reputetheUBC has a reputation beyond reputetheUBC has a reputation beyond reputetheUBC has a reputation beyond reputetheUBC has a reputation beyond reputetheUBC has a reputation beyond reputetheUBC has a reputation beyond repute

banking without diamonds - 05-30-2011, 10:29 PM

Hi,

the 9th of June 2011 we will launch a new instructional online book and 40 min. online video.

It is the SEE-SYSTEM.

It was develloped by Darren Appleton and me.
Beside a complete aiming and aligning system for direct shots it covers how to make bank shots without the diamonds by using a contact point behind the object ball.

But there is a little more to it to be able to make them consistently than what is shown here...but the main point is YES it is possible!

Don't miss this!

More to come soon...

Old
  (#15)
scottjen26
AzB Silver Member
scottjen26 has a reputation beyond reputescottjen26 has a reputation beyond reputescottjen26 has a reputation beyond reputescottjen26 has a reputation beyond reputescottjen26 has a reputation beyond reputescottjen26 has a reputation beyond reputescottjen26 has a reputation beyond reputescottjen26 has a reputation beyond reputescottjen26 has a reputation beyond reputescottjen26 has a reputation beyond reputescottjen26 has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2011, 08:19 AM

Good stuff Mike, yet more stuff I haven't encountered!!! I'll have to compare this to the CTE banking approach tonight, I'm pretty deadly with that these days except for some of the more off angle banks, maybe this will fill in that gap.

Thanks!
Scott

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: