Fargo Questions

Spantiznik

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking up for different games to play, just for practicing. I came across Fargo by Mike Page. And found this very interesting as a practice/ fun game to try.

1. When playing with multiply players, How is the game played ?
Example: I am playing with a friend, he makes 5 balls and misses (I like this :wink: ), Do I rack the balls or do I try to clear the balls left on the table.

2. When breaking, are the pocketed balls worth 1 point or are these calculated after the player decides to do random or rotation ?
Example: I break, make 3 balls and notice that the table could be ran in rotation, so I flip my marker to rotation and then continue to run the table clean. Would this be considered 30 points or 27 points.

thanks

JarnoV

JarnoV
Silver Member
1. When playing with multiply players, How is the game played ?

Example: I am playing with a friend, he makes 5 balls and misses (I like this :wink: ), Do I rack the balls or do I try to clear the balls left on the table.

Rack the balls and score on your own rack.

2. When breaking, are the pocketed balls worth 1 point or are these calculated after the player decides to do random or rotation ?
Example: I break, make 3 balls and notice that the table could be ran in rotation, so I flip my marker to rotation and then continue to run the table clean. Would this be considered 30 points or 27 points.

Well, the official rules say that you have to spot all the balls potted on the break. Some people consider it unfair as you are in a way "punished" for a good break, ie. making a lot of balls and therefore having to spot the balls and make a cluster. But that's how the rules are and Mike Page has commented that this was a deliberate decision.

That's how I play.

It's my favorite practice game. Make a habit of shooting at least one complete set of Fargo few times a month and you have a good idea of your level and the pace you're improving after few months.

Spantiznik

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, you guys are just to fast at replying .. LOL .. Edited note as my questions were answered above.

thanks to the faster typers then I. :p