How do you set up escrow during a purchase

poke&hope

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't bought any big ticket items but know I would be nervous about it. I have read stories on az about cues being bought(money sent) and empty boxes or other problems showing up using paypal. How would you find,agree,and set up an escrow acct. for a transaction. I have seen a few cues I would have liked to buy on az but woul be afraid without escrow. I haven't bought and sold but one item via computer in my life and I am going to get a paypal account soon so I can buy and sell. Guidance from some of you about this subject would be appreciated.

malidave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't bought any big ticket items but know I would be nervous about it. I have read stories on az about cues being bought(money sent) and empty boxes or other problems showing up using paypal. How would you find,agree,and set up an escrow acct. for a transaction. I have seen a few cues I would have liked to buy on az but woul be afraid without escrow. I haven't bought and sold but one item via computer in my life and I am going to get a paypal account soon so I can buy and sell. Guidance from some of you about this subject would be appreciated.

There are a few cuemakers that will do escrow services, basically I think the seller ships it to the maker for inspection and then when the funds are transferred then the cue maker will then ship it to the buyer, typically it costs about $50 bucks, I doubt that includes shipping.

I am sure if you google it a few will come up.

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
99% of the transactions on here go good. It is too bad that you here about the few bad ones. Better to be safe, then sorry.

Marcus does offer escrow for $20. Can't go wrong with him. If he is busy or whatnot, I am sure there are a few others who could do it, including myself.

Good luck!