Legacy of lost pool rooms

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What have some of the now closed rooms you played in managed to do to last beyond their time? Lifelong friends? Love of the game from where you first learned? First scar ;) ?

The place I met my wife at was Chalkies in MA. I almost did not go, but a friend of mine I met at Mr. Billiards (hey another pool hall, what do you know) was dating this girl who had a sister, and they wanted us to meet for some reason. Well, finally I got talked into going. My to-be wife walked in a bit after me, we said Hi, I went back to playing pool, she ran off to hang out with some friends and play pinball. Outside it was cold, when we all left we were around her old station wagon, due to the cold we somehow ended up hugging, then hugging closer, then there was kissing. Then I heard myself say "so what are you doing tomorrow?". 3 years later we're Mr. and Mrs.

We have 4 kids (2 hers from before 2 of ours), her sister married another player that played there, they will have their second kid in 9 months :grin:, a guy who was also dating my wife's sister married another girl from the pool room crowd, they have 2 kids.

My old closed pool room which is now a Dunkin Donuts is more or less directly responsible for 3 marriages and 6 new kids brought into this world. And who knows what happened to the other people hanging out with us.

Roger Long

Sonoran Cue Creations
Silver Member
I work in a pool room. I still see young people meeting there, hugging there, kissing there, making babies there; problem is, their spouses are somewhere else. :sorry:

Roger

Mr. Wiggles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool babies

I work in a pool room. I still see young people meeting there, hugging there, kissing there, making babies there; problem is, their spouses are somewhere else. :sorry:

Roger

Yep, that's the way it goes. Make a bank, make a combo, make a baby!!

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Hey I've been playing for 25 years and never joined the mile zero club! The other club I'm a frequent flyer of.

Nick