Reload this Page Stolen (???) Talisman Cases
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Stolen (???) Talisman Cases
Old
  (#1)
iacas
Drill Sergeant
iacas is a glorious beacon of lightiacas is a glorious beacon of lightiacas is a glorious beacon of lightiacas is a glorious beacon of lightiacas is a glorious beacon of light

vCash: 500
 Send a message via ICQ to iacas Send a message via AIM to iacas Send a message via MSN to iacas Send a message via Yahoo to iacas Send a message via Skype™ to iacas 
Stolen (???) Talisman Cases - 02-03-2006, 02:22 PM

I had two Talisman cases sent to me from Tony just this week. They were delivered today at 9:40am. When I got home at 11:50 or so (car service appointment), they were not anywhere to be found.

Tony had marked the boxes as signature required, and I've already emailed Tony so that he can start the claim process. This after a few phone calls back and for the FedEx to see if they were mistaken about leaving them on the porch or what...

A neighbor of mine is loaning me an extra green/black Talisman case that he has. I didn't even know my neighbor played pool until I rang his bell to ask if maybe he'd done me a favor and picked up packages for me. I've offered to let him play any time in my new room when it's done.

But man, this is disappointing. I was looking forward to using my packages. Packages are marked "signature required" for a reason, after all.

Erik J. Barzeski
Billiards Drills .com
Build Yourself a Better Game

Cue: Bob Dzuricky Custom Cue (one of two)
Table: 9' Olh. Huntington (01C-401-4D001-000-13U)
Cloth: Simonis 860
Balls: Super Aramith Pro-Cup TV

Old
  (#2)
Barbara
Wilson deleted my avatar
Barbara has a reputation beyond reputeBarbara has a reputation beyond reputeBarbara has a reputation beyond reputeBarbara has a reputation beyond reputeBarbara has a reputation beyond reputeBarbara has a reputation beyond reputeBarbara has a reputation beyond reputeBarbara has a reputation beyond reputeBarbara has a reputation beyond reputeBarbara has a reputation beyond reputeBarbara has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1125

02-03-2006, 02:27 PM

If they were signature required then they can't leave them. Did you get a note from FedEx stating that you have to go to their facility and sign for them to pick them up?

Last time I got something from Tony I had to do that. Look for a note or cll FedEx.

Barbara

Old
  (#3)
PoolSleuth
Banned
PoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to behold

02-03-2006, 02:37 PM

Think the Fed X Driver screwed up big time IMO...

Old
  (#4)
blah blah
Shoebat
blah blah has a reputation beyond reputeblah blah has a reputation beyond reputeblah blah has a reputation beyond reputeblah blah has a reputation beyond reputeblah blah has a reputation beyond reputeblah blah has a reputation beyond reputeblah blah has a reputation beyond reputeblah blah has a reputation beyond reputeblah blah has a reputation beyond reputeblah blah has a reputation beyond reputeblah blah has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 262
Location: I don't think *twitch* I'm being *twitch* paranoid.

02-03-2006, 02:52 PM

This last Christmas Eve, I heard a truck outside of where I am house- sitting. Always suspicious, I went to the door and saw a FedEx guy slowly driving up a couple of houses and stop. I looked down to see a styrofoam box, with contents listed as a filet mignon dinner with garlic mashed potatoes and roasted veggies. HOWEVER, it was for a different address.

I managed to chase down the driver and point out the address to him, but I really could have had someone else's xmas dinner and no one would have ever known or been able to track it down. Scary. It all happened so quickly I don't know if signature was "required" or not.

Old
  (#5)
iacas
Drill Sergeant
iacas is a glorious beacon of lightiacas is a glorious beacon of lightiacas is a glorious beacon of lightiacas is a glorious beacon of lightiacas is a glorious beacon of light

Send a message via ICQ to iacas Send a message via AIM to iacas Send a message via MSN to iacas Send a message via Yahoo to iacas Send a message via Skype™ to iacas 
02-03-2006, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara
If they were signature required then they can't leave them. Did you get a note from FedEx stating that you have to go to their facility and sign for them to pick them up?

Last time I got something from Tony I had to do that. Look for a note or call FedEx.
I wasn't clear enough, then. They were left, despite the "signature required," without a signature. I've already done the calling, etc. Now Tony has to file the claim as they "went missing" between the time he (wrongly) left them without a signature and the time I got home.

Erik J. Barzeski
Billiards Drills .com

Old
  (#6)
ribdoner
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
ribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4300

02-03-2006, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas
I wasn't clear enough, then. They were left, despite the "signature required," without a signature. I've already done the calling, etc. Now Tony has to file the claim as they "went missing" between the time he (wrongly) left them without a signature and the time I got home.
Wonder if the driver is held financialy responsible?

the truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Old
  (#7)
PoolSleuth
Banned
PoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to beholdPoolSleuth is a splendid one to behold

02-03-2006, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribdoner
Wonder if the driver is held financialy responsible?
Well if they Fire the Driver, I would think that would add up to being financialy responsible.

Old
  (#8)
iacas
Drill Sergeant

02-03-2006, 06:58 PM

I think it would take a lot more than forgetting to get a signature on one package. And I'm fairly certain that FedEx doesn't make the driver pay.

But in the end, I honestly don't care. The packages were "Signature Required" and he didn't get a signature. I wish they were still on my porch because then I'd have them. Now I have to wait another 45 days or so, probably... and Tony has to go through the trouble of filing a claim, etc. PITA.

This isn't the first beef I've had with this FedEx guy. I work from home (consultant) and several times he's rung the doorbell, stuck a thing on the door saying "we missed you, feel free to pick it up at our office after 5pm." In other words, I watched him from my office and he'd ring the bell and not even wait literally one second for me to go downstairs to answer it. :-P

So he's not the "best" delivery guy in the world. But from speaking with the woman on the phone today, she seemed surprised that he'd missed this because "he's our most conscientious guy".

Erik J. Barzeski
Billiards Drills .com

Old
  (#9)
BRKNRUN
Showin some A$$
BRKNRUN has a reputation beyond reputeBRKNRUN has a reputation beyond reputeBRKNRUN has a reputation beyond reputeBRKNRUN has a reputation beyond reputeBRKNRUN has a reputation beyond reputeBRKNRUN has a reputation beyond reputeBRKNRUN has a reputation beyond reputeBRKNRUN has a reputation beyond reputeBRKNRUN has a reputation beyond reputeBRKNRUN has a reputation beyond reputeBRKNRUN has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4430

02-03-2006, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolSleuth
Well if they Fire the Driver, I would think that would add up to being financialy responsible.
How do you know it was the drivers fault??? Perhaps the packages were mis-labled?? Just curious??

KEN

Old
  (#10)
cuejoey
25 mm chain guns matter
cuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via ICQ to cuejoey  
02-03-2006, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas
I had two Talisman cases sent to me from Tony just this week. They were delivered today at 9:40am. When I got home at 11:50 or so (car service appointment), they were not anywhere to be found.

Tony had marked the boxes as signature required, and I've already emailed Tony so that he can start the claim process. This after a few phone calls back and for the FedEx to see if they were mistaken about leaving them on the porch or what...

A neighbor of mine is loaning me an extra green/black Talisman case that he has. I didn't even know my neighbor played pool until I rang his bell to ask if maybe he'd done me a favor and picked up packages for me. I've offered to let him play any time in my new room when it's done.

But man, this is disappointing. I was looking forward to using my packages. Packages are marked "signature required" for a reason, after all.
i wish that FedX would talk to everyone of their drivers about this..in 2005 i noticed a difference in their delivery technique...they do not ring the door bell or knock on my door...i am usually 15 feet from my front door..the dog will bark i know i am getting a delivery so i get up right away and walk fast to the front door i open the door and see the guy running into his truck already...just leaving the package on the porch.....i know they have a tough job but all i'm asking is to ring the door bell and then run ...so i can relate to what you are going thru....thanks

Old
  (#11)
ridewiththewind
♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
ridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2006, 12:59 AM

If it was a FedEx Ground/Home Delivery driver (purple/green letters), and he left with no signature, he is in fact financially responsible, as all FedEx Ground drivers are actually contractors and don't work for FedEx itself. They have to even furnish their own trucks. Trust me on this, the drivers get really pissed when they get claims against them. I've seen some pretty good fits in the office. They can't use the excuse that the label didn't say Signature Required because the scanner forces them to put a signature in, and it even transmits the actual signature signed to the computer system for viewing. You can actually request a copy of that signature to verify if it was yours or not.

If it was a FedEx Express driver (purple/orange letters), then I believe that FedEx proper is financially responsible for the loss.

I used to work for FedEx Ground and had to work the missing and damaged packages. So I know what I am talking about here.

Lisa

There are 350 varieties of shark, not counting loan and pool.
L. M. Boyd

What's the point of havin' a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people?
- Jeph Jacques

Old
  (#12)
rackmsuckr
Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
rackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

02-04-2006, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuejoey
i wish that FedX would talk to everyone of their drivers about this..in 2005 i noticed a difference in their delivery technique...they do not ring the door bell or knock on my door...i am usually 15 feet from my front door..the dog will bark i know i am getting a delivery so i get up right away and walk fast to the front door i open the door and see the guy running into his truck already...just leaving the package on the porch.....i know they have a tough job but all i'm asking is to ring the door bell and then run ...so i can relate to what you are going thru....thanks
I have had the exact thing happen, but not sure of the carrier or whether or not they needed signature. I work upstairs in my home office, the dogs bark when the knock on the door comes, and the package is leaning against the porch. In fact, Instroke made me a case a few years ago and he took pictures of it in Germany before he mailed it out (for my approval of my name on the back) and that's all I have, they said they delivered it but I never got it. It is pictured below. Somewhere, someone is using my name on their pool case, lol.

HOWEVER, I happened to be home last week when my two Talisman cases came (They are gorgeous!!!!) and the lady knocked and was waiting on the porch for my signature.
Attached Images

I put the Mental in Ornamental

Old
  (#13)
Mystick Cue Fan
AzB Silver Member
Mystick Cue Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMystick Cue Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMystick Cue Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMystick Cue Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMystick Cue Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMystick Cue Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMystick Cue Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMystick Cue Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMystick Cue Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMystick Cue Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMystick Cue Fan has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2006, 01:46 AM

maybe your neighbor who all of a sudden plays pool took it. lol. j/k

Nothing to lose except time

Tony

Old
  (#14)
JohnnyP
AzB Silver Member
JohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyP has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2006, 03:36 AM

I work from home, too. I shipped a $500 package to a customer, signature required, and kept my eye on the FedEx tracking page.

It showed up as being "left at door". I immediately called FedEx, and had them send the driver back to pick it up, but the guy's wife happened to come home for lunch, so it was safe.

I called FedEx about it, and they said that address has a "signature waiver" on file, perhaps from a previous occupant. What a crock, because it's my package until my customer gets it. I didn't say it was ok to leave $500 at the door.

Shirley and I saw Linda's Talisman case the other night. What a beaut. The case was nice, too. Oh, Aunty Dan beat me up pretty bad.

Old
  (#15)
rackmsuckr
Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
rackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond reputerackmsuckr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

02-04-2006, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Shirley and I saw Linda's Talisman case the other night. What a beaut. The case was nice, too. Oh, Aunty Dan beat me up pretty bad.
Johnny and Shirley - What a very delightful couple! Wish I had gotten to talk with you longer.

I put the Mental in Ornamental

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: