Cloth help
Old
  (#1)
Mantis
AzB Silver Member
Mantis is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Cloth help - 02-04-2006, 09:52 PM

I just got my new tournament blue cloth . I thought I would lay it out on the table to see how it looked. It has to me some serious wrinkles. At first I thought when it was tightened they would be gone. I tried by hand and the wrinkles are still there. Some are pretty deep. I hate to try misting with water. Is this common? Its going to be installed tomorrow. Now I'm worried.

THANKS,
Mantis

Last edited by Mantis; 02-04-2006 at 10:07 PM.

Old
  (#2)
ridingthenine21
AzB Bronze Member
ridingthenine21 has a reputation beyond reputeridingthenine21 has a reputation beyond reputeridingthenine21 has a reputation beyond reputeridingthenine21 has a reputation beyond reputeridingthenine21 has a reputation beyond reputeridingthenine21 has a reputation beyond reputeridingthenine21 has a reputation beyond reputeridingthenine21 has a reputation beyond reputeridingthenine21 has a reputation beyond reputeridingthenine21 has a reputation beyond reputeridingthenine21 has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2006, 10:11 PM

I could be wrong about this, but I think the cloth will be fine. IIRC they stretch the cloth VERY tight, and some glue it under the table or adhere it to the slate some kind of way. As long as you don't have a 3 piece slate bed that has gaps or cracks or is uneven, you probably will be fine. But then again, I don't install tables, I just shoot on them

Old
  (#3)
mechanic/player
AzB Silver Member
mechanic/player has a reputation beyond reputemechanic/player has a reputation beyond reputemechanic/player has a reputation beyond reputemechanic/player has a reputation beyond reputemechanic/player has a reputation beyond reputemechanic/player has a reputation beyond reputemechanic/player has a reputation beyond reputemechanic/player has a reputation beyond reputemechanic/player has a reputation beyond reputemechanic/player has a reputation beyond reputemechanic/player has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 550

02-05-2006, 09:47 AM

Most wrinkles do come out but not all do. It may take a few weeks to totally dissapear or if the fibers are sharply in-dented it will never go away, try to flatten the wrinkles with heavy books on a table if you have the time.

Old
  (#4)
smittie1984
AzB Silver Member
smittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond reputesmittie1984 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 505

02-05-2006, 10:13 AM

They will come out. Our company mainly puts Championship cloth on tables. After a couple weeks of brushing it will go away completely. There just there from where the cloth was folded up. It's just a little difficult to ship cloth all the way extended.

Now when you brush remember to brush in a straight line in the direction you break. This will lay the nap down in 1 direction so it will play straighter.

Old
  (#5)
Mantis
AzB Silver Member

02-05-2006, 03:34 PM

It worked out pretty well. Thanks for the help. Turns out I have been brushing the wrong direction (Thanks Smittie). Its going to take time to get used the Blue, I'm so used to the green. The gentleman who installed the cloth said there is no difference between electric blue and tournament blue. He brought a sample of electric and we could not tell them apart. They say tour is slightly lighter. If so, we are talking SLIGHTLY! Thanks again.

Steve

PS. If anyone needs to have their table recovered in the Louisiana area let me know. I know a guy that is great!

Last edited by Mantis; 02-05-2006 at 04:38 PM.

Old
  (#6)
billfishhead
AzB Silver Member
billfishhead has a reputation beyond reputebillfishhead has a reputation beyond reputebillfishhead has a reputation beyond reputebillfishhead has a reputation beyond reputebillfishhead has a reputation beyond reputebillfishhead has a reputation beyond reputebillfishhead has a reputation beyond reputebillfishhead has a reputation beyond reputebillfishhead has a reputation beyond reputebillfishhead has a reputation beyond reputebillfishhead has a reputation beyond repute

02-05-2006, 06:59 PM

isnt it kinda moist in that room with no insulation on that one wall ?

Old
  (#7)
Mantis
AzB Silver Member

02-06-2006, 07:03 AM

Funny you said that. Im waiting right now for my material to be dropped off to put up the wall. It was a carport but I put the garage door so it would look like the house was built that way. A drive way coming to the house shows it's a add on. The door is completely sealed, only problem is heat and cold. Soon taken care of.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: