Can You See The Out?

ridingthenine21

Registered
This shot came up tonight in a game of bar 8-ball on a bar table. I am solids, and made the two ball and got out. I was very happy that I "saw" the shot and then executed it correctly. Can you see it?

CueTable Help

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Tricky position. Hope my eyes aren't failing me, but the two appears to be the ball closer to the bottom corner pocket. Whether it's frozen is important. If it isn't, you could hit the two square with a stop shot and send the two three rails into the side. Even a miss won't sell out, because you'll pin opponent to their last stripe. Then again, if the two isn't not frozen, you can slow roll the cue ball one rail to land on top of the two with a good chance to snooker opponent (you'd have to miss your aim by quite a bit to scratch), which would make you a big favorite to win the rack. If the two is frozen, you're in a supertough position.

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hit the cue ball head on with english and the 2 ball will double hit the cue ball and go in the corner and the force of the hit will set up the cue ball for the eight....wish ful thinking anyway on my part. but that it what i would try to do................................mike

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A heavier CB would help, but hit the 2 dead on with a little right spin. The 2 should double kiss and into the pocket.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Had same shot...

Just tonight I had almost that exact same shot...

I hit it with high right dead on...called it in the corner...double kissed it in...just like I called and planned it.

I had to shoot my eight in the side...and made it no problem. (Mine was also a table run...all of my opponents balls were still left on the table).